Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. In order to work and review the overall faster, I need an option to click on on the view menu that allows me to see all the links without having to click on all the artboards.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be helpful to apply multiple paragraph styles within the same text box. This is particularly helpful for long bodies of text such as visualising a blog page. Currently you have to split each header, sub head and body copy block into separate text boxes.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Being able to create alternating colors to rows or columns after using the repeat grid tool. Very useful for when creating tables that need visual separations between data.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When you edit a symbol inline, it would be really useful if everything else dulled out or something, so that it was cleat that that is what your doing – think isolation mode in illustrator

I just confused the hell out of myself by repositioning the contents of a symbol, rather than the symbol itself, then at some point later seeing all my other artboards with random positioned stuff. And then when trying to fix (without realising what had happened), I managed to edit the symbol again : /

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All -

Can you please detail out what’s your current workflow today in XD that lands you into that situation?

In other words, are the documents that you’re pasting into linked to the source document? are they “Saved As” versions of the source documents.

This extra info will help us identify what the issue is.

Thanks,
    Sherif

6. Can we have it that if hover state is bigger than default state, it will resize from center point.

I'm thinking of using cards components on my designs, and having them get bigger on hover. but to be honest with ya, having them resize from top-left corner on hover is weird AF.

I can't think of a scenario where resizing from top-left corner on hover is expected. but def. resizing from center point is the more used up case.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to adjust the smoothness of the rounded corners. (Similar to how the iOS app icon looks like)

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hello,
    I just returned from Adobe Max and loved learning about XD. I work for Le Creuset and would love the ability to be able to sketch our product and a 3D model be created in XD. I know this was part of Sneaks. Or at least be able to upload our 3D models that we currently have in other applications to be able to place new designs on our product in XD. Is that a possibility? If so, what format do they have to be in? Thank you, Nicole

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to see the Illustrator export to PDF window, where you have presets and total control over the PDF creation.
    Right now I had a day work, exported it as PDF pages and was terrified by the colors and quality. Had to redo all the work in Illustrator again...

So PDF export options and color profile choices.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. there is 'shadow' but that is only for the bottom of any object. please add outer/inner glow.
    otherwise- everything is amazing.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great to have an integration with adobe ANIMATE CC therefore just to make some code snippets, and the backbone codification, but to have all the assets linked as screens in the timeline of Adobe animate cc would be great, improving the time that an app can need to be published.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notion is very powerful application on all platforms, This will allow users to manage the project as they wish to.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be great to aslo have a preset "pressed state" wich wil trigger an animation on the same basis as the preset "hover state" but applied to a tap trigger :
    - Hover in = start animation
    - Hover out = reverse animation

So, for pressed state, it would go as such :

• Key/Tap press = start animation
    • Key/Tap release = reverse animation

It would also be great to enable a "Long Press/Tap" trigger by creating a new trigger or adding the possibility to set a tap duration on tap trigger.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi! Developers often ask me to define margins and columns in percentage for responsive websites. New XD update give us good control of the grid layout but it might be usefull to set up with percentage instead of pixels.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need the ability to annotate the connections between boards in prototype modes. So all the connection lines should have text that you can add, position, etc by double clicking the line. This is pretty standard in other flow tools.

I think XD is great but you've somewhat limited the use case of it. even "prototype" mode misses the true need which is to be able to layout exactly how an application fits together and annotate why it goes from one screen to another.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. select-tool can't grab a group of outline objects without zooming in
    in indesign or illustrator this is much easier....

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Vector assets for iOS are PDFs. Not being able to import existing assets directly sucks.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I would like to understand more about your workflow. What are you trying to achieve and what prevents you doing with the latest XD version?

Cheers,
    M.

18. Integration of XD with AEM will be very convenient to prototype and bring the application to life at the same place.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In order to facilitate interactions within a page, allow a "widget" designer, such that these widgets are fully responsive to touch and context data, etc.
    Once a widget is in the library pallete, the user can drop these in anywhere. With data binding, widget may appear on different pages, and show updates state. For example if the widget had a clock in it the time would be updating every second, and this widget may appear on any screen.
    I might suggest looking a "web components" for this purpose, and framework around using them inside the Xd App as described. These…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Just seeing where they click is not enough. We need to know what they feel like as well!!

For user testing

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)