Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Please add corner shapes. Slanted is the most urgent as it's too basic to not already exist, but others like anti square etc would be welcomed.
    Corner radius would set the size of all or individual corners , just as for the round shape. See menu.png.

All designs are not round! This will add a lot of flexibility for shape design and allow more diversity.

Thank you.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Many icon sets define a specific (often square) area that represents the boundaries for all icons. In the SVG format, this boundary is specified by the SVG viewBox attribute. Individual icons will have varying measurements for their vector shapes, e.g. a "minus" icon's vector-shape will have a larger width than height. When scaling icons, if you can rely on the viewBox size, you can scale all icons to consistent sizes (e.g. 24x24 or 48x48).

Currently when importing an SVG icon into Adobe XD, the object will have the vector-shapes measurements, so that scaling multiple icons from the same icon set…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I like the live editing on mobile, that's a good case.

However, I'd like the ability for the mobile device to reflect where I am in my artboard when working in XD on my Mac.

Example -- I'm designing a mobile page and I scroll down to the footer; currently I'd have to manually scroll to the footer on my device to reflect what I'm working on.

Example II -- I'm in prototype mode on my Mac, and I click a button to move to a linked artboard. I'd expect this interaction to be mirrored on the mobile device, but…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to request that the text box be really tight against text/letters which would really help in calculating the amount of pixels between text instead of the text box. If you made this change it would really make mine and a lot of people's lives easier. Keep on rocking XD!!!

• Felipe
    51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Just like in Illustrator, have the ability to combine two end points so that you can create a shape based on previously created lines as opposed to making a new shape entirely.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As Apple will encourage to use SF Symbols from iOS 13 and later, it could be great to add the support inside Adobe XD so iOS designers can also use this software once Apple make their UI Kit available for XD.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great to clean up assets in the Assets panel. To be able to identify duplicate and unused assets, fix them in the file and remove the extras.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow abillity to import and apply svg/png patterns & textures as "Fills".

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Going from UX to UI I need to give my client a general word/character count so a copy writer can write to what the design is. Would be great to have a "show word/character count" somehow integrated. I currently copy paste everything into a word counting tool, and then document the word counts in a PDF. Super time consuming.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The idea is to be able to leverage content already on the web via a URL, for prototyping purposes.

It could be as simple as the following:

1. Add a new "Web container" type of object
    2. Double-click for a popup asking for the URL, press enter

The content could load right away. Xd could take a snapshot of it so that it doesn't slow things down in Design mode, but in Proto mode it would of course show live content.

There would also be more options, like enabling/disabling vertical and horizontal scrolling for the container.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would be great if you could add this feature from Illustrator (Ctrl + D), it's a very handy thing even to have... wish i had it in Photoshop

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have the ability to set the global borders thicker and sketchy/squiggly looking. It sounds slightly ridiculous (although very true), but every time I showcased wireframes with squiggly lines at stake holder meetings/reviews/etc, people have a better tendency to understand that it's work in progress and focus more on the core issues at hand.

When the lines are straight, comments regarding spacing, type, color, copy tend more to be part of the conversation and it's a constant battle to remind people that these are still work in progress.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It's easy to accidentally click on the label (i.e. iPhone 6) and move an artboard when working with design elements close to the boundaries.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When padding is on and you move some elements, the width/height of the grou changes. It's a problem when you want to for example have specific width of the element (i.e. background shoud be 1920px wide or button should be 48px in height, when you turn on padding and change font size your button is not 48px anymore).

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Designers should be able to have the Grid enabled or disabled overall, or for any artboard in addition to visible/hiddensettings. Having to enable every grid on artboards before publish seems like an unnecessary part to add to the work flow.

The Layout grid could simply have 2 Main options:

Enabled - if enabled, the developer on design specs would be able to view/hide the layout grid
    Disabled - if disabled, the developer on design specs would not be able to turn on or view the layout grid

And then the normal checkbox of viewing would still applied if "Enabled" has…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I hope for next update, Responsive Resize should disable by default. It's very annoy for editing existed artwork

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. XD should support hanging punctuation/quotes.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The idea behind InCopy was always an awesome one for print layouts. It never really took off in InDesign's web mode, because using InDesign for mobile application development is a bit like running a marathon in hiking boots.

There is still a huge use case for integrating real copy with the design process. It would be awesome if we had a way to do that. Is there any chance that we might be able to get a creative cloud integration between XD and Adobe's primary copywriting tool?

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)