Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The recent update for multiple actions on tap triggers is great. Please carry this functionality over to the other triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions and having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be nice to be able to select an artboard and batch export all assets on that artboard only.

I work on several pages that are updated weekly and so I have one XD file for the entire week. Each page is it's own project and the assets need to be uploaded to dev in separate locations so being able to select one artboard and only export assets on that artboard would be super helpful!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Is it possible to export icon as .ico format? I wanted to save save icon for "favicon"

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently when you go to the share mode, the cursor automatically changes the drag mode. You can zoom in/out by clicking on the zoom tool at the top left or at by pressing Z in your keyboard.

I don't know if it was intentional to remove the alt + scroll to zoom shrortcut, but I think it would be best if we have that.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I don't ever want to group a shape object with text, wire basic hover/selected states and call it a button; a library of basic UI components like buttons, menus, text/password fields, drop-downs, v/h scroll areas, etc need to come standard in Xd!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Component instances on hidden layers are not highlighting on canvas.

Hitt the "Show layer" icon, then switch back to the asset panel, the "highlight component on canvas" feature finds 0 results. only highlighted component is visible on the canvas.

I might accidentally delete instances from hidden layers...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Two different types of sharing (as viewer vs collaborator) should be in the same place. Now the view share is on the top menu on the left, and the collaboration share is on the right with a user+

Super confusing and doesn't make sense

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There are only few options in multiple or hover states. My request to add Shadows or other blending option in this multiple state. Thanks in Advance, keep the good work going :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hey guys,

I would really like to be able to actually rotate the line without dragging its' anchors around. This causes the line to change its width and height in properties panel, plus the rotation origin is at the beginning/end of the line and not center. There is walk around it -> with property panel tool one can type the exact rotation number, but... i dont feel like to leave my artboard while designing for such minimal changes... one can rotate objects, groups, texts, components on a fly... why not the line?

Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Build in email design and prototyping features. XD already shines in its ability to quickly layout a single email design or campaign, but it really isn't designed to build emails. Yes, emails can already be built quickly and handed off to developers using XD. But, if XD would incorporate a few features geared to emails it would be a great and welcome asset. Features like; templated documents for common email sizes. Maybe templated headers for To:, From:, and Subject:. Maybe UI kits with email header elements.

I'm sure others can contribute more specific feature suggestions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Linked Assets is a great feature, but it is not as helpful as it could be for teams who do contract work. Where I work, we have multiple clients who all typically use Material components, but use different colors. At the present time, we have a shared component library (separate XD document) that we can pull common assets from.

If we use the Link Assets feature, we are unable to edit the master colors since that is controlled by a source document. So instead, we have to manually copy the components and paste them into a new document, then create…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add the flow view also in the 'Share for review' link.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please give option to download zip file of all assets. Now developer have to download it one by one so it takes too much time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It may seem small but it would be a workflow improvement if when pasting a component, being able to make it local in the right click contextual menu. Currently I have to open the Assets panel, right click on the component, Make Local. But it would be a little more efficient if, once I paste it, right click and make local. Thx

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search Option in the Installed plugin pannel, It is difficult to find the right plugin when you have installed lot of plugins.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In the comment area, next to the "Mention A User" and "Place A Pin" function, could an "Attach File" option be added? This would be helpful when trying to convey complex concepts or referencing visual examples when words alone are not enough. The use of attachments would also accelerate the feedback process by increasing communication effectiveness, reducing avoidable errors and misunderstandings.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to know how much time I've spent on a project, sometimes I can sit 10 hours in a row. I would love to see somewhere in the project info one number that would tell me how much hours and minutes I have spent working on a design. Same feature exists in Word, so why not add it here? Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. This might sound like a crazy idea.. but since the introduction of components I have felt the need to have multiple instances of a master component on the canvas.

Problem: Say I have an artboard with a master component (a collection of master components for overview). In another artboard I have an instance of the component where it sits in context. Today I often start editing the instance component by mistake which just makes overrides to the component when I actually want to just update the component globally and in context. Instead of having the instance of the component I…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hey Adobe, may update is great, Keyboard trigger is great but…(always a "but")
    I made a prototype that i can manipulate with the arrows and i don't want the native left and right navigation to be active when i test my prototype.
    I think a little option is missing in a general project parameters.

Thank you !

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto animate should have the option to preserve the same scroll position or not (like transitions). As it is now is very limited in terms of prototyping scrolling pages or pages with different height.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)