Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Font Awesome integration

When I need Font Awesome icons, I have to go and create them in Illustrator, rasterise them and import them into XD.
    My FontAwesome ttf font family appears in the font list but it doesn't work (not applied to selection).
    Ideally I would want to select FontAwesome from the font list (or as a glyph), type it, and rasterise/vectorise it.

369 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple pages (separate sets of artboards)

Sometimes, for 1 design project we need to make several options and to do so currently we need to create new files every time and name them with versions. So I think it would be really cool if we can create multiple designs within the same file and then be able to have multiple prototype links also based on different options, that would organize stuff and make it much easier.
    Thanks!

366 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customer Journey map

Since it's an UX design app, why not add a customer journey map tab? UX designers could start from it, designing the user experience, defining channels, touchpoints, personas, actions and feelings... and then going deeper into visual designs and prorotypes.

352 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate with Adobe Comp CC

Allow adobe comp app the capability to export to experience design. Also allow users to select a new project or add to an existing one. This would allow users to create on the go.

352 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Expand Stroke / Create Outlines (convert stroke to separate filled path)

In Illustrator, I can draw an object and then use Expand to convert the strokes to a fill.

I would like to be able to do this in XD

350 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customize Keyboard Shortcuts

I know that your design team probably had some rationale when defining shortcut keys for actions. For example, Z does not bring up the zoom tool, A is used for artboard creation instead of direct selection, etc. On the And that's fine - you can't design for the convenience of every user. But it'll be super duper awesome if you can let us define our own shortcuts... and sooner rather than later please.

347 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  57 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More slide transitions

Few more nice slide transitions wouldn't kill anyone, would it :)

333 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 331 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  48 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Parallax and other effects while scrolling

Add parallax and other effects for masked areas

330 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PDF Export - compression options to reduce file size

Exported PDF are too big. Please add compression options like InDesign.

328 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Repeat Grid overrides / inheritance (some styles differ in an item, rest still sync with other list items)

It will be great if repeat grid work in way like this:

I want to show how recommended item will look like. I'm double-clicked wished element title and turn off "Fill" checkbox in "Inherit" panel. Now I can change color only for this title, but if I will change font-size, for example, all titles will change it, because "font-size" checkbox is active. If I click "Fill" again, my title will be back to gray.

All checkbox is active by default — so behavior will be just like now and it will take full control and understanding what and when happens.

321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding colors, styles, symbols to CC library from within XD

Just like in Illustrator, it should be possible to add colors, styles, symbols, ... to a new or existing CC library.

At this moment, the CC library is of not much use when you're creating a brand new project in a team of XD designers.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Guy

312 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  34 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Choose which artboards to share (share link to prototype/design spec subset / exclude some artboards when sharing)

Because we are often working with multiple dev teams on a single project it would be great to be able to select a specific path of actions and share them as a link. Example: share just the contact flow or the shopping cart flow.

The benefit of being able to see all screens and link to them is great. Being able to see and share a subset _as well_ would be awesome. We could focus on just sharing that specific interaction and the team it is being sent to wouldn't have to go through everything just to see the UX…

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nested Symbol Overrides: swap inner symbol in different copies of outer symbol

So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

298 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  80 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. CONVERT TO CODE

We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

17. Tabbed design view for multiple files

Similar to Photoshop or Illustrator (See attached file), it would be valuable to allow for multiple files to be opened and arranged in the design pane using tabs. This would give users a quick way to switch between their projects and will provide a much better workflow in general.

This is a must for me!

285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  66 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export Animated GIF

Give option to select which screens to simulate/animate/and export, give exact width/height options, speed, then options per format, i.e for GIF will give GIF options, for AVI will give video options and thus ...

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve tweaked the title so it covers only exporting animation to GIF format. This will help keep our feature list fine-grained so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

For the other formats that were originally mentioned here:

20. Simpler way to Crop Photos

There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base