Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Interactive Native Widgets/Controls to Prototypes

Support for native device functions (e.g. Cordova).

Example dropdown selection, media players, maps, etc.

This would increase the demo's effectiveness and allow for a more real-world prototype.

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gradient color swatches

Thanks for adding gradients !
    Right now, we can add colours to our 'favourites' with the + button, could we also save gradients when in the gradient tool?

Something really nice too would be to allow the pipette to pick the gradient of a shape/artboard.

These too would save a lot of time !!

340 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While XD doesn’t yet have this feature to save gradients in the color picker popup’s swatches, you do have several other options today:

- Store gradients in the Assets panel swatches: open the Assets panel on the left side (View > Assets), and click the “+” next to Colors. Then select any other object and click the gradient swatch to apply it to that object.

- Copy gradient fills between objects: use regular Copy on the source object, then select the destination object and choose Paste Appearance.

3. New mode: IA Flow

Simple view to map out the IA (Information architecture), decided feature requests, page relationships, etc. before designing.

This would keep all design blueprints in one system instead of heading out to ___(Mind map or flowchart app of choice)__ to stay on track. Especially when working on small teams.

May reflect a similar (though severely simplified) view of Prototype mode.

339 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Glyphs Palette

With FontAwesome font files and the like, it's impractical to make quick use of their icons/glyphs without a palette, as the entire character set does not use qwerty, but are special/hidden characters.

I can live without granular type tools like kerning, but not having accessibility to the glyphs of a given font file is a dearly missed feature from working in Photoshop or Illustrator. At least on OS X, the OS character viewer is not as friendly as Adobe's other implementations of the glyphs palette.

Thanks for your hard work.

333 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 332 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom Scroll Animation Behaviour

Most of modern apps have some custom behaviour - for example

In user profile, you see big profile picture, but when you scroll down to see user posts - picture gets smaller and moves to the corner.

Would be cool to be able to treat scroll position as kind of keyframes timeline, where you can modify styles of some elements and tween them depending on how much some view is scrolled.

Some tools have kind of similar option - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRHuAq4PqQo - check first 30 secs.

321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  30 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More slide transitions

Few more nice slide transitions wouldn't kill anyone, would it :)

319 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Font Awesome integration

When I need Font Awesome icons, I have to go and create them in Illustrator, rasterise them and import them into XD.
    My FontAwesome ttf font family appears in the font list but it doesn't work (not applied to selection).
    Ideally I would want to select FontAwesome from the font list (or as a glyph), type it, and rasterise/vectorise it.

318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customer Journey map

Since it's an UX design app, why not add a customer journey map tab? UX designers could start from it, designing the user experience, defining channels, touchpoints, personas, actions and feelings... and then going deeper into visual designs and prorotypes.

313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate with Adobe Comp CC

Allow adobe comp app the capability to export to experience design. Also allow users to select a new project or add to an existing one. This would allow users to create on the go.

313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Find and Replace - Text

It would be great to have a generic "find and replace" inside the edit menu like most text editors have. What would be even better is if you could select the find and replace function to use the current art board, or all art boards. This is super helpful if you're mocking up redundant content that has a slight name change between screens.

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Apply gradient to border/stroke

When I import a SVG file with a gradient on the stroke, it becomes gray in XD. And there is no way that I can make the border/stroke with gradient color.

I feel it will be nice to apply gradient to the border so that I don't have to expand the stroke.

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Update interaction wires across symbols (keep in sync)

Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  90 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  43 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Color Management (set color profiles)

XD should be a color managed application.

I'm not sure what the full context of color management is within the UI/UX industry is, or if it's something that many pay attention to, or if it's just left un-managed.
    Currently a vast majority of designers are using high gamut displays to design. Our final output will however differ greatly without some proper color management implemented. If color managment is implemented, we can at least visually soft proof our design and colors to specific devices (ie: New iOS devices that support P3 color gamut), or older sRGB devices.
    At the same time…

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Repeat Grid overrides / inheritance (some styles differ in an item, rest still sync with other list items)

It will be great if repeat grid work in way like this:

I want to show how recommended item will look like. I'm double-clicked wished element title and turn off "Fill" checkbox in "Inherit" panel. Now I can change color only for this title, but if I will change font-size, for example, all titles will change it, because "font-size" checkbox is active. If I click "Fill" again, my title will be back to gray.

All checkbox is active by default — so behavior will be just like now and it will take full control and understanding what and when happens.

274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  71 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export to Muse CC

It would be so useful to layout your designs in XD and then to export them straight to muse in the .muse format to refine or to be able to open an XD widget in Muse to prototype your iPhone layout, for example.

272 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  71 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adding colors, styles, symbols to CC library from within XD

Just like in Illustrator, it should be possible to add colors, styles, symbols, ... to a new or existing CC library.

At this moment, the CC library is of not much use when you're creating a brand new project in a team of XD designers.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Guy

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CONVERT TO CODE

We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

266 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base