Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. may you give us a plugin to select two object and exchange places or colors?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  2. If I use a symbol font like Font Awesome and paste that into a text box with another font for my regular paragraph copy, my developers can't isolate and get the CSS, Fonts, Colors, etc. from the inline symbols or separate fonts. Would be nice to have a way to select a text container and toggle through the different fonts represented. Or click again to select a specific symbol or element in the text area and target that for getting specs on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When you Ctrl+click to do direct selection then you also select layers with 0% opacity, which means that you are not selecting what you see.

With Auto Animate I have begun to place layers on top of each other, and in next artboard move them into final position to simulate foldout. This will also transition from 0 to 100% opacity, which is why I don't simply hide the layers.

This makes it difficult to edit what is visible and layered behind the top layers of 0% opacity.
    E.g. if I then want to edit a text field then I cannot…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Your startup screen breaks one of the basic rules of usability : What can I interact with?

Everything is gray. Titles, desc text, links and buttons.

PROBLEM: The layout is fine, but you have turned your startup screen into 'mystery meat' navigation. What can I click on? What is a call to action? Do I have to hover over everything to figure this out?

Think about this. Also, gray links are historically 'disabled' color. Whether it's a button or a link, it usually means 'disabled'. I understand that shades of grey are the new cool design thing, but for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. A plugin that would put your designs into Hubspot (and still be editable by content creators) without having to do coding.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  6. A plugin that can quickly generate 3D-looking objects such as cubes, rectangular prisms, pyramids, etc., each with distinct plains that can then be re-colored, given stroke modifications, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  7. In certain apps such as VS Code, you can select a specific string, then press Ctrl+D, I think, and each time you press that shortcut the selection 'expands' to include one more of the potentially multiple instances of that specific string into a highlighted, select-state. You can keep pressing until all instances are selected, it tends to expand starting with the nearest, working outwards from that point in the document, to eventually include all insances.

Typically, then people would use the multi-cursor feature to replace the multiple selections of the same string with another string, or paste one from…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This would be similar to holding the shift key to select multiple objects.
    In this case one would be able to select different lines of text (not contiguous)
    by holding a modifier key.

example: A user is trying to select every title in a long flow of copy. With this function they would be able to select each title in the text box and change their color, size, font, etc. all at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I look across the forum I see many requests for features that by the look of this screen shot I found on the web are already there?Blend modes, custom colour picker, blur, outline, hex code entry, stroke alignment, device simulator. Could you tell us more about this please? Especially about the strip on the far right of the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As I can't see much previous mention of this exact problem, I'm wondering if this is just me or my mouse settings. However, posting to see if anyone else is having the same issue. I'm finding the text/number fields in the property inspector sidebar very difficult to select consistently, especially when working fast. They seem noticeably less 'sticky' than their equivalents in other Adobe programs. It seems to require a very precise click in the dead centre to properly select a field, and I seem to be constantly mis-clicking and changing the opacity instead of the field I'm trying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Hey there! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this, particularly as the controls on Windows are actually larger than they are on Mac. I also use Windows 50% of the time, and I don’t have the kind of issues you’re describing. I suspect it might have something to do with your magnification or input settings, so you should definitely head over to our community support forums to work with one of our support reps to see if you can figure out what’s going on! https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bd-p/xd?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• While working on a design we have to make lot of components at one go or as we update when building applications from scratch.
    • In order to jump from one state to other we have to scroll all the way down or up if I need to go from state 1-5 to state 40-45 and, vice versa, as it is time consuming.
    • Please add a feature to extend the side panel to whatever size user wants as it will help in better design for the user and will secure time wastage.
    • Sketch already has similar feature, I have attached a…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We want it to be easy to create a *.po language file directly from XD for developer. So it can be easily imported into code and be ready for translation tools.
    At the moment there is a possibility to get pdf for text but it is splittet in many pdf files. We need one pdf file to be able to extract text from that file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Italian translation is so dumb I actually had to switch back to EN.
    IMO any italian designer would have told you that eg easing labels aren't something you wish to see translated as they reflect precise properties that you're already using (in CSS, JS etc).
    Also, "Pila" as a translation for "Stack" doesn't make any sense because it doesn't translate the 'ordering' concept behind "Stack" and also because in Italian "Pila" only represents a vertical column of objects and the word commonly refers to a stick (or stilo) battery.
    Please be sure to check the translations before the next update.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be a neat feature to be able to dim the artboards in the background when viewing prototypes so as you focus on the preview window.

This could be achieved by having a button next to the record button to toggle background on or off. The color of te icon changes to show it is selected.

It would be especially good for when you are recording a video for example, so that your are not distracted by your artboards in the background.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Spend more time iterating and less time moving things around.

Less manual resizing: Buttons can resize with their text and lists can rearrange themselves when items are moved around.

Stretch to fill: Auto Layout components can now stretch left and right (or top and bottom) for easier responsive design.

Design speaks development: Auto Layout’s padding, direction, and spacing settings translate directly into code, simplifying developer handoffs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Thank you very much for releasing embedding on external websites. it's really cool and helpful to show use the same prototypes in my portfolio.

I need to have few functions for the iframe.
    1. Ability to fullscreen
    2. Next and previous screen,
    3. View it on your device button show up a QR Code where user can view the app full screen on their device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, it’s a little difficult for us to split up the feedback into specific feature requests, so it would be great if you could file each one of these separately so that we can address them. That being said, it might be difficult for us to do these things within our iframe, as the commands you’re asking for need to be done in the parent HTML, not in the iframe. (Basically, you’ll need to do it on your side; it’s not something we can do on our side.)

-Elaine

17. télécharger ou visionner tous les assets (formes, couleur, font etc ...) d'un prototype pour les utiliser dans Xcode avec SwiftUI. Ce plugin existe (SwiftUI) pour Figma ...

download or view all the assets (shapes, colors, fonts etc ...) of a prototype for use in Xcode with SwiftUI. This plugin exists (SwiftUI) for Figma ...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  18. Currently (Xd 28) when we select an object that has interactions with different destinations, the property inspector is just blank. We need to select one of the wires to view the interactions.

It would be great to see in the property inspector an overview of all interactions associated with that object when we click on the object itself. Very similar to what we see when we click on a wire that has multiple interactions.

That should help in those moments that I start hunting my wires to understand why I can't use a certain trigger (as it is already in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Styles/assets still need a lot of work but one feature I'd like to see added sooner rather than later is the ability to based one style on others like you can in InDesign. Make them better if you can because even ID's "based on" feature can be improved.

Basically what I'd like to see is the ability to set a style (body copy for instance) and make separate styles based on this for perhaps different colors (white on colored box for instance). If I need to change the size, font, and/or style I would do it in my…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)