Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hi,

I have been using Adobe XD almost one and half year on product development, so I have seen lots of reference & Materials Guides which are only supporting Sketch & Figma, But i couldn't find for XD. I thought its still developing

And I Congralute the Adobe XD team for Bug fixing and Release Update

Now my idea is to create design system which need to generate design system based on color, fonts, buttons, etc which need to links with option while creating design

Just a idea of Placement: is to place like two option Design, Prototype (replaced Invision…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please allow for images to be exported in "WEBP" formats.

Sketch caters for "WEBP" formats (see attached image) and it would be great if XD was able to (both read and) export to this format too.

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I have a component like a card with a button in it (button is a nested component) and I drag a different button in to swap it out, the card component should update the original button name with the new name in the layers panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The recently opened files show thumbnails that are too small. Also if the file names are big then I have keep hovering and waiting for a tooltip to open showing the full name.
    I would suggest to give both the options of list view and thumbnails view (with bigger sizes of thumbnails).

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be nice for reviews to have a "like" button so people don't have to comment to approve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would love to be able to use auto-animated elements in my Premier Pro videos. It's much simpler than animating in premier and it could be so quick.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The ability to designate a box as a dummy asset of a certain theme so that it displays an appropriate image (roughly the same size and theme). For example, when creating mockups on the web I've been using placeimg.com to show temp assets. If I had a nature web site and wanted to show a 340x340 image I would just reference https://placeimg.com/340/340/nature and it would show a random nature image for the demo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. There should exist a "refresh file" button to reload the local file instead of re-opening the application.

2. I needed this feature to reduce the burden of reopening application whenever I made a change to the file in the dropbox sync from another PC.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Especially on long artboards that viewers may have seen before, it would be useful to click on a comment and have it scroll to the comment's location, directed attention to the relevant portion of the page that needs to be addressed. Currently when you hover on a comment in the side bar, it highlights the comment on the artboard, but if the comment is not in the visible area, this is not very useful.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In full screen mode, online prototypes don't:

• show a scrollbar to go over the project, which would have been ok if Adobe Xd had allowed scrolling by clicking and dragging the artboard;

• ocupy the whole space on the sides of the viewport.

Take a look at the next prototype made in Figma. It would be cool if Adobe Xd could take care of those aspects as good as Figma does.

https://www.figma.com/proto/PUL9fdaHF15x7Twq8txI85GV/UX-Paraguay-%7C-Proyecto-Web?node-id=186%3A187&scaling=min-zoom&redirected=1

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently when I change my artboard fill to black, and decrease transparency by a percentage, to simulate the 'lightbox' effect for my design, then go into Prototype mode and select 'Overlay' as my action - the fill on my artboard gets deselected. At first i thought this was a bug, but after reviewing the bugs list, it appears this is by design.

I would like to suggest a couple improvements:

1. Instead of 'auto-deselecting' the fill, set it to 0% transparency instead -> This will make interacting faster for those who want to go back in and change the fill color,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto animate should have the option to preserve the same scroll position or not (like transitions). As it is now is very limited in terms of prototyping scrolling pages or pages with different height.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to add/edit the class name to elements for developers.

Possible Solution
    - Adding the ability to show layer name. Therefore I can write out the class name.
    - Adding Dev notes for designers to add additional information to design specs. This help developers drive better consistence for end product if using an existing design system.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When option-dragging an artboard handle, all of the elements on the artboard remain left-justified. I would expect this function to keep all elements centered on the board. I believe this is how it used to function.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Regarding the "Shared Presentation" on xd.adobe.com/view/...

The "Grid Feature" is helpful. However, it would be nice to allow the user to create custom ordering for the artboards. Perhaps in XD's "Prototype" mode, instead of just a stacking order, offer a way for the user to drag the artboards to reorder them and use that as the display order on the View page "Grid" layout.

Alternatively, it might be helpful to allow the user to create hierarchical lists (e.g. tree nodes) in XD. Then users could view as a Grid or Hierarchy on the XD View page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. At the moment, dragging a component on top of another component on your artboard will replace the symbol. This is often a very useful feature but not always the intended result.

For example, I have a basic component which is the "frame" of a dialog. I need to put some buttons in that dialog but as soon as I drag a button on top of the dialog, it replaces the dialog frame with the button. In order to avoid this, I currently have two options that I am aware of (let me know if there are others):
    1. Lock the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Love that we now have guides (nicely implemented, btw!)

Would love to be able to measure to the guides the same way we measure to objects. In Windows 10 that means selecting an object and holding down the 'ALT' key. Just an idea for a future improvement.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When importing a PSD into XD, it should be able to create an assets library such as images, font styles used, colour palettes etc.

Perhaps even a components library, provided the groups or whatever it may be have been correctly named.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)