Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When you're in a tool other than Select, you can't quickly select another layer/object unless you jump out of the tool first. In InDesign, you can hold CMD while you're in the tool to allow selecting. CMD is already established as the key to use when selecting within a group.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In photoshop it's really really easy to create Hero-Image for example with 3 options (And show/hide these options - or save these options for future development) -- see the file attached.

This "basic" idea is very hard to manage by Adobe XD (Also hard to change images inside a frame - you find this issue as
    separate topic).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. may you give us a plugin to select two object and exchange places or colors?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be nice if there is a slug area just as indesign where you can add aditional information and export it for our clients or developing team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When designing i like to keep to the guidelines eg material design. They have some already available icons that they provide to the design community for free.
    So what i currently do is i have to go to material design website download the icon to my local folder in whichever format i need - svg, png - then drop them in xd.

If i can have an inbuilt functionality to search and use the icons on material design or for iOS that would save me time and hard disk space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  8. Border (stroke) on text should have inside, outside, center options just like for path. the current implementation (Inside only) is pretty much useless for smaller point size text. Thanks.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Having 'px', 'pt' and 'dp' as size unit is good but we need to use 'em' most commonly as flexible and scalable relative unit. Expecting 'EM' unit to the list.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cmd+F, Ctrl+F to launch the layers panel and give focus to search

with the key ctrl + f you can search for elements

same as browser

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I cannot select multiple items within a group by CMD clicking the items on my design. I have to do that on the item side panel which is a pain because when having a lot of items of a sort you have no idea which item is which on the design.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I create my prototype and share, enter the link.
    I can in each element and can display properties.

1 example is CSS properties or Fonts styles.

We are working with Adobe Xd in company software and designers do the link for developers. send to developers and see the properties.

Developers want 1 property. to see the tag HTML to work on the Web. example:

When we click the font "Title" and stay in Bold we can see the tag HTML: <strong> </strong> or B.

Developers and designers UX really need this to help work better.

Another optión is the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. Can we get rid of or have the option to disable the scroll bar on desktop preview for mobile app designs, it blocks some design and ruins the prototype experience.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,792 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Description
    It becomes very frustrating when you have multiple monitor setup and you work on the laptop and see the preview on the big monitor next to you. Normally how it works is that you take the XD to the monitor you want the preview to be, click on desktop preview button and then the preview opens in the big monitor on a 100% scale. Then you come back with XD to the laptop. I think if we had a setting to open the preview on the user'
    s choice of desktop with a 100% scale, it would have been…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great to have a shortcut to jump between text inputs, including within repeat grids.

For example, tab to move to next text box.

Example image shows why this is necessary, I have a lot of similar pages that require typing in a lot of different text boxes.

Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  20. Having a card component with a hover state, and within this card component is a checkbox.

If I hover over the card component and mark the checkbox as selected, when the card component goes back to regular mode as I am not hovering any longer - the checkbox unchecks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)