Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CONVERT TO CODE

We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

242 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

• XD export feature to xCode

Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

58 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

• Export Illustrator file

A client is requesting to have assets in Illustrator format. Basically, I want to be able to export from XD as an Illustrator file with the options to save images as linked or embedded. This is similar to the SVG export option, except that SVG I think has a file size limit of about 15 MB. When I export as an SVG at a large size, XD fails. Exporting as Illustrator with supported text boxes (not breaking them into individual text lines and not outlining the text either. Just easy and editable from XD to Illustrator. XD export as SVG…

18 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

I would like to understand more about the limitation of the export as SVG as i am not aware of any limit. Are you talking about a limit in the application that consumes the SVG, like a browser or Illustrator?

In general, if you choose to export with embedded images, the size of SVG will become large and it will be hard to process it in other application.

Cheers,
          M.

• Cannot import XD SVG into Illustrator

イラストレーター(ai)形式の書き出し機能が欲しい。
          書き出したSVGをイラレに持っていくとデータがかなり抜け落ちてしまう。

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the new version of Illustrator released in November had some changes to address this issue. Could you please try again and let us know if this issue is fixed?

Thanks,

-Elaine

11月にリリースされたIllustratorの新しいバージョンでは、この問題に対処するためにいくつかの変更が加えられたと思います。 この問題が修正された場合はもう一度お試しください。

• Exporting artboards in high quality PNG, JPG, SVG or any other image format.

I've created this design for 6/7/8 (375x667) but when exporting the artboard to PNG it's not as high quality as on screen. I want to share the prototype designs of this artboard to my client but unfortunately, neither JPG nor PNG delivered the exact results that were intended or could be similar to the screen. When I export the image and test it on my iPhone 6, it seems to be blurry and with jaggy lines. Please refer to the attached image.

Kindly look into this as this issue is very important to be fixed.

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Export Stylesheet and Text Styles

Provide accessibility to export style guides so that it can be used by developers to design it.
              For Ex: If a project contains 10 variations of text and a color palette, allowing to export those values would be of great help to develop the designs made.

I am attaching a sample image for the idea I am trying to project.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Select multiple Artboards, click batch export once

Selecting multiple Artboards and then clicking batch export button of one item, currently only selects that item for the export, so I have to click through every single one of them I want to be exported. Please add a feature where clicking that button applies for all selected Artboards.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Export working mockups to presentation

The option of being able to export a working version of the mocked up product to place in powerpoint or other presentation document. It would be easier to structure a presentation rather than talking over a recording of the mocked up product.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Export and vectorize

We using in our project Font Awesome 5 pro, and i have issue with my workflow. Basically i find icon on web https://fontawesome.com and click to copy glyph or for known icons i just type "star" or "exclamation" etc. Everything works for me until i need to export data for programmers. If i mark icon for export, XD just export svg with textfield filled with glyph from font, but its useless as icon export. I need some option to mark icons to vectorize before exporting. Thanks!

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Export artboard as high quality image(s)

This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base