Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Creative Cloud file sync should be faster

Faster syncing of pc/mac work in xd to mobilr

Takes way too long for existing and new xd files to show up in creative cloud to see on iOS.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy comments from one prototype to another

When I want to post multiple versions of the same prototype online (v1, v2, etc. with incremental changes made between versions), and I have notated the prototype screens with comments/instructions for developers about user flow and requirements and actions... it would be super helpful to be able to transfer or copy my comments (and any client comments) from one prototype to the other. Otherwise, I have to overwrite existing prototypes to keep all my comments intact... which means I can't keep older versions of these screens posted online for reference or comparison, and I have to manually add comments/annotation to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Decrease loading time while clicking through prototype

While clicking through prototypes via de share link, it takes a lot of time for it to load pages. This is simply a no-go whilst presenting a prototype to customers.

Because every screen is loaded individually, when clicking on a button it takes several seconds to only load a "rollover". This a bit awkward when sitting around the table with clients who expect a clickable website.

Because online sharing is the only way to keep it clickable I have now no choice but to use Sketch instead.

Thinking out loud, I would suggest doing the following:
    - improving the server …

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Share in keyboard shortcut when tabbing between Design, Prototype, Share

Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Record Preview into mp4 including the voice trigger and action sound

When the user wants to record the prototype that has voice trigger and voice action speech playback, when saving to mp4 video, it will also include the voice or the speech on the video.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Compare changes/difference between XD Files

With a lot of programs, MS Word specifically, you are able to see the changes in a file.

With XD, you can have 100 artboards, and are looking to send the developer just the new designs of just one or two boards. You want to send the whole XD file, because of how it connects, but you want to highlight what's different.

I suppose the simple way would be to create some shape beside the new artboards, but that's difficult if you have anything more than just a couple, so being able to see the difference quickly and easily would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keep me logged in for a while. - Shared prototype with password

Currently, if we reload shared prototypes with password, we need to type password everytime.
    It's inconvenient, so kindly keep session at least 30 mins.

Let me tell you my story.
    A few days ago, I did a realtime design update. I shared a prototype to my colleagues and partners, then asked them to give me feedback comments on the prototype. They discussed on comments and I reflected the ideas simultaneously.

Then I found it very inconvenient to enter password everytime.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Faster Update Links Option

The update/create prototype and design specs buttons work great however, the usage of them is tedious. Allowing the user to click one button to update all generated links for a document using only a single button would speed up prototype iterations significantly. I propose you include an "Update Links" button in the main UI that would update any created link automatically (once those links have been generated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag Object/Artwork from canvas to set Web Sharing thumbnail icon

Drag any object from the canvas to create a thumbnail image for web preview. See GIF

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tag comments as !Important

Add a button or some way to allow the commenter or Owner to mark comments as "Important". This would visually change the comment itself as well as the pin, if it's pinned. The button or status could also be clicked again/removed to allow the comment to go back to normal status and not Important.

Attached is a quick example of what could be done, to allow the eyes to quickly see what's been marked priority over other comments.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fullscreen mode should ignore the viewport

When sharing on the web, it'd be nice if fullscreen mode ignored the viewport and just extended the full length of the viewer's browser. As it is, it's a bit funky.

Example: https://cl.ly/8152b5159922

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show last updated time in share window

This is a small cosmetic suggestion. I find myself posting prototypes for review and new ideas come up so I edit and "Update" the shared link. I keep hitting update, but sometimes I feel like I just hit it! lol I know its a silly one but it would be SUPER NICE if it shows you a "last updated 30 sec ago..." or something like that. This way instead of spending time hitting update multiple times I can focus more on design. Hope others agree and we can make this happen. I know this is a small request, but I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show resolved comments in all comments view

Radio to see resolved comments. Once I mark comment as resolved, never get the content back (or to see, how many comments there was...)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Only update selected artboard

Update selected artboard

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shareable Prototype With Multiple Size Artboards

I was trying to share a document I had with the link but since there are multiple sized artboards and they aren't linearly linked with the prototyping tools it only uploaded one set of artboards. I created a screen and marked it as home that contained links to the separate prototypes, however it would be great to be able to have this be natively implemented with grouping prototypes etc.

The whole goal was to limit the number of links we send an individual.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Customize comment pin color

コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能に

コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能にしてはどうか。
    コメント毎に選択するのは面倒なので、ユーザー各々が自分のカラーの設定を行うなど。

How about making the color of the pin of comment selectable?
    It is troublesome to select for each comment, so each user sets their own color etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export comments and screens

Back to Adobe XD: Local storage of Feature Requests comments コメントのローカル保存

1. Save local comments locally (together with screen and pins)
    2. For version control of comments.
    In a project involving a lot of people, it is important that the document of the log remains in the prototype, when, where, and what comment was. Thank you.

1.web共有のコメントのローカル保存(画面とピンも一緒に)
    2.コメントのバージョン管理をするため。
    多くの人が関わっているプロジェクトですと、プロトタイプに、いつ、どこに、どんなコメントが有ったかどうかログのドキュメントが残ることが重要になります。よろしくお願いします。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shared links lack the ability to copy text

Once a prototype is published and shared the text lacks the ability to be copied. This makes working with a remote team more difficult. It would be very helpful for developers to copy and paste the text to avoid the time and human errors of re-typing. Please add this function to the published prototype links.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Control whether artboard navigation arrows are visible in prototype or not

Currently, shared prototypes on the web show navigation controls at the bottom sometimes, but not always. Specifically, nav controls are only visible if (a) the commenting sidebar is open, or (b) all the time, _if_ the prototype has no clickable hotspots (interaction wires).

As the author of the prototype, I'd like to be able to make the nav controls visible all the time -- even if I do have interactions defined.

There may also be use cases where you want the arrows hidden even when a user is leaving comments.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Activity stream in shared files

I'd like to see an overview of all the activities and comments on all of the pages within a document that is shared. Otherwise there's quite a good possibility of missing some.

Something like Invision has would be great:
    https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000633426-Activity-Stream

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into the possibility of something like this. If you’d be willing to chat more about what your needs are around this activity stream, please ping me at tan@adobe.com

Joan Lafferty (Product Manager)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base