Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export comments and screens

Back to Adobe XD: Local storage of Feature Requests comments コメントのローカル保存

1. Save local comments locally (together with screen and pins)

2. For version control of comments.
      In a project involving a lot of people, it is important that the document of the log remains in the prototype, when, where, and what comment was. Thank you.

1.web共有のコメントのローカル保存(画面とピンも一緒に)
    2.コメントのバージョン管理をするため。
    多くの人が関わっているプロジェクトですと、プロトタイプに、いつ、どこに、どんなコメントが有ったかどうかログのドキュメントが残ることが重要になります。よろしくお願いします。

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Compare changes/difference between XD Files

With a lot of programs, MS Word specifically, you are able to see the changes in a file.

With XD, you can have 100 artboards, and are looking to send the developer just the new designs of just one or two boards. You want to send the whole XD file, because of how it connects, but you want to highlight what's different.

I suppose the simple way would be to create some shape beside the new artboards, but that's difficult if you have anything more than just a couple, so being able to see the difference quickly and easily would…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Faster Update Links Option

The update/create prototype and design specs buttons work great however, the usage of them is tedious. Allowing the user to click one button to update all generated links for a document using only a single button would speed up prototype iterations significantly. I propose you include an "Update Links" button in the main UI that would update any created link automatically (once those links have been generated.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exit full screen mode on shared prototypes

When prototypes are shared online they look best in full screen mode, however there is no way to exit full screen mode except using the .esc key which isn't intuitive to clients. So many of them just close the browser and start again, or just give up.

Can you please add a button to exit full screen mode.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Creative Cloud file sync should be faster

Faster syncing of pc/mac work in xd to mobilr

Takes way too long for existing and new xd files to show up in creative cloud to see on iOS.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Decrease loading time while clicking through prototype

While clicking through prototypes via de share link, it takes a lot of time for it to load pages. This is simply a no-go whilst presenting a prototype to customers.

Because every screen is loaded individually, when clicking on a button it takes several seconds to only load a "rollover". This a bit awkward when sitting around the table with clients who expect a clickable website.

Because online sharing is the only way to keep it clickable I have now no choice but to use Sketch instead.

Thinking out loud, I would suggest doing the following:
    - improving the server …

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. save for web feature like photoshop for exporting assets

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fullscreen mode should ignore the viewport

When sharing on the web, it'd be nice if fullscreen mode ignored the viewport and just extended the full length of the viewer's browser. As it is, it's a bit funky.

Example: https://cl.ly/8152b5159922

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clone comments from previous prototype to new link

Ask the user if s/he wants to clone comments on the old prototype link before publishing a new one.

However, it would be great if the designer can add/review comments from XD desktop application while designing instead of opening the URL each time s/he wants to write/read a comment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show resolved comments in all comments view

Radio to see resolved comments. Once I mark comment as resolved, never get the content back (or to see, how many comments there was...)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Record Preview into mp4 including the voice trigger and action sound

When the user wants to record the prototype that has voice trigger and voice action speech playback, when saving to mp4 video, it will also include the voice or the speech on the video.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keep me logged in for a while. - Shared prototype with password

Currently, if we reload shared prototypes with password, we need to type password everytime.
    It's inconvenient, so kindly keep session at least 30 mins.

Let me tell you my story.
    A few days ago, I did a realtime design update. I shared a prototype to my colleagues and partners, then asked them to give me feedback comments on the prototype. They discussed on comments and I reflected the ideas simultaneously.

Then I found it very inconvenient to enter password everytime.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share to interactive video

I would like share my prototype in some kind of interactive file, that can works without internet and without any other program, something like a interactive video.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drag Object/Artwork from canvas to set Web Sharing thumbnail icon

Drag any object from the canvas to create a thumbnail image for web preview. See GIF

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enterprise wide sharing

A way to set a link (prototype and/or design specs) as "share within my organization", so anyone with the link and with an email within my enterprise domain can access the link.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dark background in shared prototype

When sharing on the web, if we have artboards with white backgrounds, there is no visual separation between artboard and background. I suggest making the option for making the background dark, or implementind device frames.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom Domain for Share Links and Design Specs

Request:

Make it possible to input a custom domain that will be used for generating both share links and design specs.

A current link example: https://xd.adobe.com/view/[random generated string of characters]

A preferred URL: https://companyname.com/clientname/comp

But I could live with: https://companyname.com/[random string of generated characters]

Value:

I work at an agency. We have historically created comps to share with clients by exporting designs as an image and manually building an HTML page on our development server.

Moving to XD has been great for our development group, but account managers don't like sending clients an Adobe link to review a comp, despite…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Only update selected artboard

Update selected artboard

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shareable Prototype With Multiple Size Artboards

I was trying to share a document I had with the link but since there are multiple sized artboards and they aren't linearly linked with the prototyping tools it only uploaded one set of artboards. I created a screen and marked it as home that contained links to the separate prototypes, however it would be great to be able to have this be natively implemented with grouping prototypes etc.

The whole goal was to limit the number of links we send an individual.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customize comment pin color

コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能に

コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能にしてはどうか。
    コメント毎に選択するのは面倒なので、ユーザー各々が自分のカラーの設定を行うなど。

How about making the color of the pin of comment selectable?
    It is troublesome to select for each comment, so each user sets their own color etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base