Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enterprise wide sharing (entire org)

A way to set a link (prototype and/or design specs) as "share within my organization", so anyone with the link and with an email within my enterprise domain can access the link.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scroll shared prototype with keyboard

1. Description
      When viewing a prototype, a user can scroll between views using the left and right keyboard arrow keys but cannot scroll up or down on the current prototype with the keyboard. Some viewers have been unable to scroll with their mouse. Without a visible scrollbar they have been left only seeing what's above the fold line.

On Mac I've discovered that pressing fn+arrow up/down will sort of page you down, but it's not smooth and not intuitive. Simply using arrow keys as you would using a browser (or something close) would be ideal.

1. Why is this valuable to you? …
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move Pin when layout changes

When the layout changes, the pinned comments don't move accordingly. We ran into this today and it's a critical issue because we use Adobe XD as the main source of truth. That comment contains technical requirements for our devs like default ordering. The same happens in forms, where I use comments to specify input masks, validation rules and other things. Everytime I change something on the form, I have to make sure I update all the comments. Uncool!

Usually I will adjust the pins by hand, but in this instance I didn't create the comment so I couldn't move the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Domain for Share Links and Design Specs

Request:

Make it possible to input a custom domain that will be used for generating both share links and design specs.

A current link example: https://xd.adobe.com/view/[random generated string of characters]

A preferred URL: https://companyname.com/clientname/comp

But I could live with: https://companyname.com/[random string of generated characters]

Value:

I work at an agency. We have historically created comps to share with clients by exporting designs as an image and manually building an HTML page on our development server.

Moving to XD has been great for our development group, but account managers don't like sending clients an Adobe link to review a comp, despite…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Record Preview into mp4 including the voice trigger and action sound

When the user wants to record the prototype that has voice trigger and voice action speech playback, when saving to mp4 video, it will also include the voice or the speech on the video.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable "preserve scroll position" with browser scroll

Features like preserve scroll position and fixed elements only work with the viewport set on the artboards in XD at the moment, and not any scrolling added by the prototype viewer in the browser. I would like it to be activated also when scrolling is added by the prototype viewer in the browser.

Please see this prototype for the problem: https://xd.adobe.com/view/267a66a3-c9fa-45f6-6997-0aa455e7b854-504b/?fullscreen&hints=off

Thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exit full screen mode on shared prototypes

When prototypes are shared online they look best in full screen mode, however there is no way to exit full screen mode except using the .esc key which isn't intuitive to clients. So many of them just close the browser and start again, or just give up.

Can you please add a button to exit full screen mode.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 'Flow view' in shared web prototype

Please add the flow view also in the 'Share for review' link.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Choosing prototype/specs view mode when publishing for Development

Please add an ability to set default view mode when sharing project on the web for Development, so that it would open by default as prototype or as specs.
    It's great that now we can switch between those modes, but it might be not clear for developer who got used to work with specs that now he has to perform some additional action to be able to see specs once he is in prototype mode.
    Also controls for switching between modes should be more prominent.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Invite option for public prototypes

With private protoypes I can invite people by email address, so that I can then mention them in the comments using the @ symbol, even if they havent commented before.

I would like to have the same functionality for public prototypes, where this is currently not possible and I have to wait until they leave a comment on their own, in order to get their attention using mentions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Client Sign Off

I think it would be a good idea to have a way for a client to sign off as a final approval of prototypes after they have made there comments and the designer has addressed and resolved the issues. A step further on this would be to be able to directly highlight certain sections of the workflow for a client to review if there were any afterthought changes that require a new sign off.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Activity stream in shared files

I'd like to see an overview of all the activities and comments on all of the pages within a document that is shared. Otherwise there's quite a good possibility of missing some.

Something like Invision has would be great:
    https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000633426-Activity-Stream

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Creative Cloud file sync should be faster

Faster syncing of pc/mac work in xd to mobilr

Takes way too long for existing and new xd files to show up in creative cloud to see on iOS.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pin comments to scrollable area

When working with scrollable areas in your prototype, you can't use pinned comments, because they ignore the scroll position of the area. So it's not clear where the pinned comment was intended to be.

What I would expect:

Pinned comments can be placed in a scrollable area and when they do, they scroll along with the area (and can be outside the viewport)

This way, I can easily collect feedback on the content inside a scrollable area.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show hints for hover states

A user testing the prototype in the browser is not sure which components have hover states and thus miss all that the prototype has to offer.

It will be great to also have hints for hovers, similar to hotspot hints.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clone comments from previous prototype to new link

Ask the user if s/he wants to clone comments on the old prototype link before publishing a new one.

However, it would be great if the designer can add/review comments from XD desktop application while designing instead of opening the URL each time s/he wants to write/read a comment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keep me logged in for a while. - Shared prototype with password

Currently, if we reload shared prototypes with password, we need to type password everytime.
    It's inconvenient, so kindly keep session at least 30 mins.

Let me tell you my story.
    A few days ago, I did a realtime design update. I shared a prototype to my colleagues and partners, then asked them to give me feedback comments on the prototype. They discussed on comments and I reflected the ideas simultaneously.

Then I found it very inconvenient to enter password everytime.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share to interactive video

I would like share my prototype in some kind of interactive file, that can works without internet and without any other program, something like a interactive video.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Drag Object/Artwork from canvas to set Web Sharing thumbnail icon

Drag any object from the canvas to create a thumbnail image for web preview. See GIF

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base