Request details

Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

166 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Johnny Cortese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just discovered this issue myself. I added a bunch more artboards to the next version of my file and suddenly I can't export ALL artboards without linking them. I went back to m v5 file and republished (v5 only has like 8 artboards vs 22 in my v6 file). I proceeded to delete artboards from v6 test file and voila! I was able to publish a review link without linking all artboards.

Not sure what the magic number of artboards for publishing without linking screens is, but it seems like Adobe is requiring linking screens for X amount of artboards in a file.

• Alex Restuccia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As some of the commenters have already said, it would be great to have the option to upload all artboards, but there is also a strong need for choosing select artboards to be uploaded. Not every artboard needs to be handed off to developers.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% needed. I have static pages or error state artboards that I don't want to prototype, just need dev to see them for UI design specs. Please update this!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please can this be added, it's an absolute FUNDEMENTAL feature when passing work off to Devs!

• Winnie ABODO ALINGA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now, artboards that are in my document (but not linked to the main prototype flow) don't show up when I share the specs for the devs.
        The thing being , they are alternative flows so part of the same project and should not be hidden in web exports

• Christian Renner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to export and share all pages of my XD document no matter if they are animated or not (e.g. "export all pages"). That's not possible at the moment.

• Maisy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very tedious to always require to link every artboard to show up just for the design spec. This is most obvious when screens have different states and I usually end up needing to create a custom navigation for the developers just to show those screens. It is very awkward and time-consuming.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it used to be solvable by just linking every page, now even though i linked everything, it still does not show up on the public link

• SHANTANU C RAO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want XD to export all the screens as Design specs, weather connected or not connected in Prototype mode. This is so frustrating. It was not like this before the recent updates.

• Chris Cavallucci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option to publish all screens to the spec is very important. Since developers need to see all screens, we are forced to either link screens in the prototype so that they show up in the spec, or remove the orphan screens, put them in a separate XD file, then link it to the original XD file, then publish the new XD spec separately. Or, we prototype in in a different platform and share for client review that way -- that's a lot of extra work! [Voted]

• Tomi I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really needed! Now I have to create and maintain two separate XD files as a workaround. Really stupid.

• Joseph Farruggio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have artboards within my XD document ordered in a specific way. When publishing to share, the order is changed.

Also, was there an intentional decision to not publish XD artboards that are not connected in prototype?

I see two negative side effects from this:

1. I have to artificially find a way to link artboards just to have them visible when sharing for review.

2. The order in which I list artboards locally in XD is not reflected when using arrow keys to paginate through artboards via the browser. I don't understand what dictates the order.

I propose that all artboards get published in the order they are listed in the XD document.

• Kim Thien Luu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

only see all screens when you connect it to prototype in Design Specs and it wastes my time in projects. Developers just need to jump to single artboard easily to do single page. It made me frustrating without having all screens publishing in design specs immediately,.

• Charlie Church commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would allow you to share all screens in your prorotype. They would be viewable by scrolling with arrows to the left or right.

It will help prevent issues like forgetting to link a screen.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a way to share all artboards in design specs as some artboards contain specific developer notes about the design that cannot be conveyed through normal means. Requiring prototype interaction linking to publish design specs renders this feature useless on many levels.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base