Request details

Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

232 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

69 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ruben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically having Zeplins function in XD. So we can Share for Development without having to link arboards in prototype mode

• Matza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes and please an option to just publish selected pages/artboards!! It's very slow to rearrange the prototype-connections if I just want to show my client 1 (or more) artboard of a specific part of my web project! And rearranging means to destroy a working prototype.
    Publish to fast show my client one single and small part of the project is missing at the moment in XD. At the moment it's very complicated. Hope this will be implemented till summer …

• T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please can this be added, it's an absolute FUNDEMENTAL feature when passing work off to Devs!

• Michael Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? The lack of this feature is severely slowing down my current project working with a developer to implement my UI Designs. I'm having to randomly link artboards wherever just to get them to show! Please fix this!

• Steven McClenning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I create a link to Share for Development. I would like the option to share ALL art boards. Not just art boards included in the prototype.

• Megan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this request. In my use case I am wireframing a standard website, and I want to add in a few interactions, but not every artboard will have one.

• Muhammad Faizan Atiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also any text we keep on the empty areas such as titles of sections like onboarding, wireframes should also be present in the design specs. Now developers get confused which set of artboards are representing what. The Design spec sheet it self looks really messy without the section titles.

• Maks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now user must to connect all artboard in prototype mode, to make it visible for developers. I want to share not only prototype, but artboard with buttons&elements statements, and i don't want to connect them.

• Johnny Cortese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just discovered this issue myself. I added a bunch more artboards to the next version of my file and suddenly I can't export ALL artboards without linking them. I went back to m v5 file and republished (v5 only has like 8 artboards vs 22 in my v6 file). I proceeded to delete artboards from v6 test file and voila! I was able to publish a review link without linking all artboards.

Not sure what the magic number of artboards for publishing without linking screens is, but it seems like Adobe is requiring linking screens for X amount of artboards in a file.

• Alex Restuccia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As some of the commenters have already said, it would be great to have the option to upload all artboards, but there is also a strong need for choosing select artboards to be uploaded. Not every artboard needs to be handed off to developers.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% needed. I have static pages or error state artboards that I don't want to prototype, just need dev to see them for UI design specs. Please update this!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please can this be added, it's an absolute FUNDEMENTAL feature when passing work off to Devs!

• Winnie ABODO ALINGA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now, artboards that are in my document (but not linked to the main prototype flow) don't show up when I share the specs for the devs.
    The thing being , they are alternative flows so part of the same project and should not be hidden in web exports

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base