Request details

shadows, shadows, shadows, shadows

There are already a few requests about fundamental shadow implementation but seem to have gotten no attention. Without these in place it will be difficult to design today's interfaces in XD.

First: Shadow spread - positive and negative.

Second: Multiple Shadows on one object.

Third: Shadow is clipped by object - so that if the object has transparency the shadow isn't showing through it.

These are basic shadow capabilities on every other program and used daily by interface designers.

Negative spread is key. It will allow us to create these (see attachment) types of shadows without workarounds and is supported by CSS.

design by: Ranjith Alingal

103 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

james guestjames guest shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-needs-more-info  ·  Peter FlynnAdminPeter Flynn (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

There are several different requests for shadows here, and I think all of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:

Could everyone please upvote the specific individual requests that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important? Thanks!

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...