Request details

View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

281 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Caroline Mascarenhas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MUST HAVE THISSSSS.
    We need to show the customer the correct size of the site, regardless of the height we set.
    It's annoying when I need to do a drop down menu at the end of a page that has 2,000 pixels in height (in adobe xd), so I need to drag the blue line from the height to the bottom of the page for the overlay to work and in the preview mode , it looks giant, not being able to see the actual size of the artboard and the worst, it does not let zoom for better visualization PLEASE, FIX!

• Natalie Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I so agree, I'm currently importing my Artboards from XD into InvisionApp to show clients as they prefer seeing them full width in browser. They complain that prototypes from XD are clunky to use, and don't like the fact a desktop screen isn't full width view in when viewing it into their browser.

• Jon O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened with this?
    Feature started, then back to Under rview.

This is a crucial function for screen designs.

• Shaul Hagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this request. I recommend and need a few things.

• Ability to hide the comments and assets panel in design spec mode
    • add the ability to view designs at 100% using the same controls seen in the design spec mode within the prototype mode
    • if it was possible to set the zoom level a prototype starts at
    • or it would be nice if we could put the design in a selected screen type that scales the design within it

If I had to choose one thing here it would be to add the zoom levels and tools to the prototype mode so that a client could see the designs at 100% so they have a feel for sizing on their machine, screen, etc. it is not perfect and does not solve everything but man it would help.

I have internal teams asking to switch to InvisionApp just for the presentation mode and their experience.

• Bruno Nandyala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This way Adobe XD will never be able to face INVISION APP, because people prefere show the work properly than this way (inside a box and with a scalling)

• Ray Villaraza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spend all this time designing responsiveness and making things "accurate" in Design View, but when you hit Share to show clients, they don't get the responsiveness and pixel accuracy of your work... This should've been at the top of the list of features. What is the point of designing if you're the only one that can TRULY see/experience it?

• Ciara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, I cannot believe this is not a 'thing'. I'm just looking for one more excuse to ditch Invision, and this is holding me back! Please fix!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "feature" is very ver important! (This is not a feature - it is a must have!)

• Toks Anoks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, this is really important when you want to share your designs online with you clients. They would have better experience.

Sharing with developers there's no problem, you can zoom in and have no problem with it.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy crap @Maureen (commented on Feb 20, 2019, your ?featureset=fullscreenScaleToFit&fullscreen append to the link works!!! Why would you need to tell anyone to add that, just append it to your preview link before sending the link! omg how did you even know about this URL parameter append??? You literally just made my week!

• Maureen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue still isn't fixed. I'm still seeing comps for desktop scale to fit screen, which makes them too tiny to review. I shouldn't have to tell the client add "?featureset=fullscreenScaleToFit&fullscreen" to the end of the link to view correctly.

• JaimeV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not like this. As they comment, when sharing a prototype, it is not seen at 100%. The prototype is reduced. This is not optimal. A prototype must be seen at real size (100%)

The prototype NEEDS to fill screen to 100% of your device. This is very frustrating.

It would make xd a much more powerful prototyping tool if this would work

• Efrat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's annoying i cant publish the prototype in actual size
    please fix it, thanks :)

Please update to address comments below. It is tiring trying to find hacks around doing something as simple as presenting the prototype in the browser. When the competition in the space does this right - it makes using this product feel like a step backwards.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base