For my team, this would be much better than just a dedicated in-tool comment system for getting feedback as this would make my prototypes more accessible to the whole team and company without the need for me to specifically send the link to select individuals.
Can you please describe what types of workflows you’re trying to target? Please provide detailed use cases. Thanks.
Joachim Tillessen commented
Something along the lines of this:
Nick Fitchpatrick commented
I would love to be able to export artboards directly to Slack. I end up having 1000 versions of a mock on my computer because I have exported them so many times to send to others for feedback.
Would love to be able to send jpegs to someone with a click of a button.
Jessica Gremillion commented
I like the way Zeplin does it as well.
Apparently I was signed in anonymously when I posted the last message... so in case anyone at Adobe was wondering or wanted more feedback. That was me :) Thanks, Greg
Files in the Creative Cloud Files directory have the a menu with multiple options including: Collaborate, Send Link, and Share to Slack. All of these options would be fantastic for the XD prototypes as well. Speaking to Slack integration specifically:
- When I select "Share to Slack" a dialog would appear allowing me to
-- Enter a custom comment and
-- Choose my Slack Channel where I want to post my comment
- On submittal, my comment along with the link, the file name and a tag/label of "design spec" or "prototype" would be posted to the channel I chose.
- I should also be able to choose a default Slack channel so I don't have to look for the same channel every time I want to post.
- An option to enable automatic posting to Slack would be fantastic as well. The flow above has one major drawback... after publishing my links from XD, I have to go into Creative Cloud and manually post it to Slack every time. The best implementation would be something I enable once through creative cloud. Then when I publish new links, or update links from XD the post to Slack happens automatically to the channel I chose when I enabled it, without having to go into Creative Cloud. The great thing about this is that developers will now immediately know when updated specs are available using Slack as the communication bridge. Demian, let's push this up the roadmap! ;-)
Invision has this feature very well worked out.
This feature would be helpful, given our large organization (and development teams) all use Slack.
Zeplin (zeplin.io), which some of our teams use currently, has a great example of this. As others have said, linked slack messages are sent for any design or resource updates, or comments. It is a very useful feature that is one or the main reasons I can't seem to sell the rest of our teams on moving from Zeplin to Xd.
Reony Tonneyck commented
When I've used Figma for example, any comments for a file that I've chosen to integrate into a channel in Slack, gets populated into that channel feed.
This would be great! as we all know, slack is gaining more and more users every day. The workflow would be:
1. click on share button
2. have the option to share on slack
3. select a channel/person
Then the people it has been shared with, can give feedback.
An API that a Slackbot could use to notify prototype subscribers of updates and comments.
I would love to be able to send the comments from the share online link directly to a slack Channel.