Good import for easier migrating to the platform
What is also crucial whenever a new platform comes is a transition to that platform. What if I have 100+ files in .psd or .ai or .sketch and I really like the new XD platform. That's almost 100% chance. For now, no platform have at least average solution for that. I have files in .ai but I want my team to migrate to .psd or .sketch... and it's time consuming mechanistic manual monkey job.
It would be great and ease the transition if XD will have:
– Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all the artboards
– Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all layers (if possible)
– Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all shapes (not like from ai to psd it converts vector to raster)
– Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all correct paragraph text
– Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch without any weird masks
– Maybe to have a global convertor tool to convert all files from .psd, .ai, .sketch to XD
There are several different requests here, and I think a bunch of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:
- Import full comps from AI: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869052-import-illustrator-ai
- Import full comps from PSD: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869040-import-photoshop-psd
- Import full comps from Sketch: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12978909-import-open-sketch-files
Please upvote any of those that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.
You can already bring content into XD from all three of these tools by copy-pasting individual elements/layers. Some of the issues listed in the original request here seem to be related to poor fidelity or other problems when importing content this way. If you’re hitting issues like that, could you please file a new UserVoice bug report with as much detail as possible? Ideally, please share screenshots or even an actual AI/PSD/Sketch file that shows the problem.
Mike L (MJ) commented
There should be a functionality to import files such as PSD or AI files, so that we don't have to redesign things all over again when opening XD. Similar to Muse where you can design a landing page in photoshop and import the PSD to muse.
There should also be a option to import smart objects like how Illustrator works with Photoshop.