Request details

Vertical Alignment of text in text box

Ability to align text to the top/middle/bottom of the text box. I'm sure you've already got the horizontal alignment options covered in your checklist.

604 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dashanan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a simple feature...if this doesn't get added, I'm going back to Sketch.

• Romu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this simple feature makes really difficult to design based on a 8 pt grid, for example. Even if we can resize the area text, the text itself doesn't get centered. It's really, really important to have this.

Having a field to the line height would be great also.

• Mark Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whilst the repeat grid feature is great, it really falls down when I have to break it apart just to manually vertically centre text because the feature isn't available.

• mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. This feature is fully supported by browsers via CSS styles now.

If AdobeXD would facilitate vert alignment for textboxes it would be a significant workflow improvement.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can<t beleive this request was not done while you did the horizontal alignment wizard :/

• dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need vertical alignment in text boxes for adobe XI too!
    Can anyone help??

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well as I have to show this to a client I'm not going to waste any more of my time.

I can't say to them that "the text will be centered vertically when I do it properly"

Project aborted.

• Bahram Shams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sketch supports this functionality, so some Sketch designs are incorrectly aligned when opening them on XD. It seems like a very easy feature to implement which would end a lot of headaches for XD users

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move this to the top of your backlog pleaaaaase. These basic features are all dealbreakers.

• Joshua Curtis (Diary of a Dad Man) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah what's up with this! Can't make a table with text using repeat grid if I can't have vertical text alignment. Forced to break apart the repeat grid as a result, which defeats the point of the repeat grid feature.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base