Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

70 results found

1. Allow adobe comp app the capability to export to experience design. Also allow users to select a new project or add to an existing one. This would allow users to create on the go.

460 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be so useful to layout your designs in XD and then to export them straight to muse in the .muse format to refine or to be able to open an XD widget in Muse to prototype your iPhone layout, for example.

284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring support for viewing prototype in Windows 10 Mobile with Adobe XD Mobile like for IOS and Android

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Brackets Code Editor has good integration with PSD Files, which allows it to grab layers, colors, font details and spacing info. More on that here (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/extract-for-brackets.html)
    I wonder whether you can work on features that allow Adobe Extract to grab data(images, font names, sizing info etc) from XD and transfer for Brackets, the same way it happens to PSD ?

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in this feature! We recently announced on adobe.io that Brackets will no longer be supported by Adobe as of later this year. As a result, I’m closing this ticket as something we won’t be doing.

5. I want you to continue on the path of leaving layers out of XD. Layers are NOT needed. You've already proved they have no solid use cases in UX design to me and everyone I work with. We've totally adopted your product into our workflow already and layers would add unnecessary complication to the workflow. Keep it simple! Great work by the way!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Based on a long research, we are building Layers to support some use cases, such as symbols, exporting and organizing complex compositions. We will do this via a concept called Local Layers. If you don’t want them at all, you will be able to hide the layers panel and they won’t bother you. Thanks for the sincere feedback.

6. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Now all my color sets I've made in the system color picker for using in many other different apps are unavailable in Adobe XD. That was not very good idea. Additional little button to call the system color picker within the standard color picker panel would be appreciated.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be nice to be able to present functional wireframes to internal or external team members through Adobe Xd itself, not just sending out a link. InVision has a nice feature where you can start a presentation just by clicking a button. You don't need to share your screen using Zoom or Go-To-Meeting, it just does it. Another cool thing is, everyone can collaborate in real-time or leave comments.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Joan wrote:
    You can put your preview window into full screen mode to present your design in a meeting without sharing it to an external link.

Right now, there are no plans to support functionality like the live-share from InVision.
    ====

I’m marking this as declined.

9. It will be nice to have Show/Hide Password toggle all the time when publishing prototype/specks. Working on multiple projects, or coming back to a project after some time left, it is hard to remember what was the password for that particular project.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Look at illustrator, look at photoshop, look at sketch.

We're missing the most basic of features at the moment, some of which adobe has built in the past.

• Aligning to section, canvas or document
    • Right click context menu
    • Keyboard shortcuts that make sense
    • Snapping
    • Rulers

Designers like to be precise with measuring, something which at the moment, is not an easy task.

Also, being unitless, what does '7' mean on a rounded corner? This ambiguity when going from design to code is something that could be addressed

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a collection of feature requests, not a single feature request. (will close it for now, feel free to submit individual requests).

We are constantly talking to customers who use different tools and learning from it. But we are also spending a lot of energy thinking what tools are necessary, if they fit and if we can create something new that makes sense and improves your life as a designer. Stay tuned for more and more updates in our monthly releases.

Some updates:

- Aligning to section, canvas or document (feature-in-the-backlog)
    - Right click context menu (feature-completed) will be available in the April build
    - Keyboard shortcuts that make sense (feature-in-the-backlog)
    - Snapping (feature-completed) what else do you need for snapping?
    - Rulers (feature-in-the-backlog)

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

11. I am facing a serious issue. I can't open xd file that is created with a newer version in an older version of xd. Here I update my xd app regularly to get new features but my colleague gets irritated to update it regularly. Can there be a feature to convert the same file into the older version when they try to open the file?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are following Microsoft UWP design guidelines, which removes the top menu bar in order to be more touch-friendly. All of the options are available in the UI in the hamburger menu on the left, in the property inspector, as well as contextually using the context menu (right click).

Hope that helps,

-Elaine

13. It'd be great to have a shortcut built in for the Apple UI kit! Food for thought!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add support for XBox 360 as a controller that can be used with Keys & Gamepad.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, Version 1607, Build 14393.2189.

I was able to work in Adobe XD before 24 May 2018 updates. The latest updates of 24 May 2018 are not compatible with Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, Version 1607, Build 14393.2189.

Now, when my customer gives me XD files made in latest Adobe XD, I cannot open the file. Adobe CC tells me to update my OS to: Windows 10 Creators Update (64-bit) Version 1703 (build 10.0.15063). But my employer does not allow installation of a NON-Enterprise version of Windows 10.

Please immediately provide latest Adobe XD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. So, here I am trying to test my prototype with voice and speak features for people who do not read, and what? Why does it need to have a login to work the features? and only a few of them? I think is totally unfair to ask the person who is testing a layout to have to make a log in.. The person might do not want to comment on the file, but just do a use test, so I can't send the test link anybody who does not have an Adobe culture.. It is so hard to get the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve attached Mark’s comment here for you:

Thanks for the question. We require a login for use of voice/speech features for security reasons, as we need to ensure the request is actually coming from an authorized source (like an XD prototype). I understand this requires an extra step or two for user testing, but it’s unfortunately necessary to maintain a secure platform.

I hope that helps explain things a bit…

17. Is it possible to release a version for Windows 7/8 user?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I connect the cable to my iPhone and I can't keep my phone standing on my iPhone stand, so I put my iPhone upside down so the cable is on the upper side of my phone, this way I can keep my phone on the stand, but the app doesn't rotate upside down so I have to keep my phone in my hand while designing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a limitation on iOS. For instance, if you open the browser and rotate the phone (from portrait, to landscape, to upside down), it doesn’t flip the contents upside down.

19. I like to have a zoom slider next to the magnifying glass when working on desktop.

Especially since i use keyboard and mouse i dont have access to a touch pad at this point – a slider would help me smoothly pan in / out at the zoom levels more seamless than +/- steps as well as percentage steps/custom valuess.

Similar to the zoom level found in Apple Photos app as well as in Finder (if enabled) for thumbnails.

It will add a quick access to smooth/seamless panning in/out of zoom levels for desktop users without a touch pad.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As a mobile app designer I would like a feature where it is super easy (fast) to get your prototype on a phone. The option to share a link is great, but as a designer I have a lot of prototype phones lying around where I dont want to type in the link by hand.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the near future, you’ll be able to use the mobile app to browse all of your published web prototypes and open the ones you want, in full screen, inside the mobile app for iOS or Android.

← Previous 1 3 4