Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Give the ability to move the screen in the direction of your mouse (from center of screen) if zoomed in too far while dragging a screen-link line.

If a user is zoomed in too far and wants to make a connection. They should be able to drag the line in any direction and when they reach the end of the screen, the background should move with them (a la pen tool in Illustrator [and many others])

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Just a thought that sometimes it'd be nice to have conversations with other users online about XD as I don't know anyone else using it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to be able to select multiple text items, shapes, lines, etc. and be able to group edit their color, typeface, type size, corners, opacity, etc. Right now, I have to double click each and every type to change anything, which is a pain. Also (related) I need a way to axxess the type menu, shape menu, etc. without having to double click on anything.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, with the March release XD now supports the ability to Cmd+Shift+Click (or Ctrl+Shift+Click on Win) to select items across multiple groups and edit them together.

4. Can you add the possibility to save my work on your cloud to access it immediately on my iPhone Experience App ?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released a new update where you can access XD documents stored in Creative Cloud files.

LOAD XD DOCUMENTS FROM CREATIVE CLOUD FILES
    If you place your XD documents in your CC Files folder on desktop, you can now load them from Adobe XD on mobile. Make sure you have your document saved and synced in your CC Files folder on desktop, then open Adobe XD on your mobile device. Tap on the folder icon and choose “XD Document from Creative Cloud”, or if you’re viewing an XD document, long press and tap on “Open XD Document > XD Document from Creative Cloud”. What’s interesting here is that we have a full version of Adobe XD running on the mobile device to open each XD document.

5. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now that the application is officially known as “Adobe XD” Spotlight finds the application when searching for “xd”

6. Having a hotkey to control prototype recordings would clean up cursor activity during the recording. By necessity, the cursor currently has to navigate to and from the top right corner when the video starts and ends, something that detracts from the presentation. A hotkey would remove the need for those extra movements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export as PDF is nice, but the PDF files that XD is spitting out are huge and take a while to load or print. As a file loads, I can see the elements being added one by one as if layered. This is really painful to share with clients. Could there be an option to flatten PDF (or by default) on export?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently, pressing browsers back button exits the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Protoypes tested on device must be saved locally for continuing tests even with USB cable unplugged.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released a new update where the latest document viewed will always get cached, and it will be accessible even if you’re offline.

TAKE YOUR DOCUMENTS OFFLINE
    With this release, the latest XD document you’re viewing is always cached on your mobile device, so that if you unplug your USB cable (macOS only) or go offline after viewing a document from CC Files, your design and prototype will remain accessible on your device, even if you kill the app and open it again. The next time you open an XD document or use real-time preview via USB (macOS only), the previous cached document is replaced. With this feature, we hope your work is now ready to be tested and validated by designers and stakeholders, like a real app running on a real mobile device.

10. I can't find this exact feature request so I thought I would request it here. Is it possible to build XD so that any Adobe Illustrator artwork can be pasted into it?

Photoshop has this ability so I'm continuing to use Photoshop for app design, however, Sketch has some nice features over Photoshop but it's inability to accept even the most simple compound shapes from Illustrator make it virtually unusable for serious design. If preventing users from switching permanently to Sketch is on Adobe's radar, I think y'all should get Illustrator objects compatibility going. It'll be the clincher to ensure…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this one, as we have improved in December and with the latest release the copy and paste workflow between XD and Illustrator.

If there are specific things missing, let us know in comments or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

11. Don't assume imported JPEG images are 2x high DPI

Hello,

I have the problem, when I import a picture that the initial size is not the same like the original picture. In the video attached you can see it.
    For some reason, the bug does not occur with every picture. But the video shows you that it exists.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Happy to let you know that once with the XD 45 release we brought some improvements to the import/export workflows and JPGEs are no longer halved on import!

Thank you,
    Corina Murgila

12. Unless I missed something, there is no way to name the new export, and it will use the .xd filename and add the relevant extension (PDF, etc...)

Could we give it a different name so we don't have to overwrite, or create a subfolder?

This is useful when exporting a subset of artboards from the same project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Relative positioning in a group will allow us to create custom UI components.
    Attributes such as alignment, distribute, padding and margin between two or more objects will allow flexibility to resize a group without re-arranging internal objects.

Unlike responsive behaviour, this feature does not care about artboard size, but treat a group as a mini-artboard.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In September, we released the Responsive Resize feature, which gives you both the flexibility to resize automatically as well as define the relationship between objects using constraints. For more details: https://theblog.adobe.com/september-2018-release-of-adobe-xd-responsive-resize-timed-transitions-and-more/?scid=8df38ebb-9534-4044-9f0c-e4ffd86c6fbe&mv=social&mv2=owned_social If you’d like to see refinements, please do feel free to file a new ticket here on UserVoice!

14. Hi guys, it would be great if you could physically interact with the prototype on a phone or ipad

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you can now preview, in real time, your #AdobeXD designs and prototypes, on iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) or Android phones (Android tablet support will land soon). Make changes to your design and see it reflected on all the devices you have connected. Add wires to your prototype and play with it to polish the experience, all within the same workflow.

View all the details here (blog post and video): https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/september-update-of-adobe-experience-design-cc-preview

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.
    Be part of XD’s journey on mobile devices, this is just the beginning.

Really looking forward to hearing your feedback!

15. Add angular gradients -- gradients that sweep around like the hands of a clock.

(This is NOT the same as radial gradients, which are shaped like concentric circles).

Angular gradients are useful for creating progress spinners, color wheels, etc. With high contrast gradients you can also create "starburst"-style background patterns.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unless im missing something there needs to be a short cut for viewing the grid. At the moment to turn the grid on and off I have to move elements off the pasteboard to get access to a bit of canvas to double click then choose the tick box to show grid. Which is a pain in the butt. Also we need guides.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be really nice if you can make the nudge (Shift + Arrow) work with the same size as the grid by default or add some tool to change it. I think this way we can work even faster.

For example: for an 8px grid, make the nudge 8px instead of the default 10px; for a 4px grid, nudge 4 px and so on.

Additionally, another mode could be added to make the nudge twice the size of the grid. For a 4px grid, nudge 8px.

It's the same principle as nudg.it for Sketch, but without the hassle of…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With XD 23 release, when square grid is on, nudging will align the elements to grid and move them in grid size increments.

Furthermore, now you can resize elements in grid increments by using Cmd+Shift (Alt+Shift on Win) and arrow keys.

Happy designing!

18. I noticed that the text box around text can be centered/aligned itself, but the text inside it is always at the bottom of the text box and not centered, making it hard to center/align text with other objects.

For example, if you create a rectangle for a button (see image), and add in a text box with some text that says something like "button," and center both together vertically and horizontally, the text will be slightly lower than center because the text is not centered inside the text box.

Some have already posted the idea of adding alignment tools, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When deleting points from a shape, the endpoints still connect and the object remains a shape rather than being able to become a line. Important, for example, for designing charts and graphs such as donut charts broken into sections.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Its done in the Design Mode but Prototype mode needs the zoom tool too please

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)