Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

70 results found

1. I am facing a serious issue. I can't open xd file that is created with a newer version in an older version of xd. Here I update my xd app regularly to get new features but my colleague gets irritated to update it regularly. Can there be a feature to convert the same file into the older version when they try to open the file?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I use iOS 10.11 but if I want install XD on my Mac I show this:
    Sorry XD won’t run on your OS. To continue you’ll have to upgrade. See system requirements

Why Adobe programmers cheating me? I can't upgrade my iOS to new version, because it can't work stable for me & I don't like do that! But Adobe programmers think that's cool idea - force users to install some updates.

This is sucks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. would it be possible to add OS X El Captain support because some macs couldn't run on sierra or more can run Adobe XD CC without any problems (e.g.: Macbook Pro 2008 Intel dual core 2.5ghz 4GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB ).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. XD is not compatible with our OS, Windows 10, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.2608. Changing our OS will cost us a lot of time per employee and we are begging you to make XD compatible with our (very standard) OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your request! We changed the minimum version to take advantage of critical bug fixes in the operating system. Furthermore, Windows 10 version 1607 reached the end of the support this year. We’re not expecting to backport to this previous version.

5. It seems that voice triggered actions are not supported in embed mode. Is it by design? If yes, why? Can you fix it any soon?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Message from Mark, the PM: Voice triggers are not supported within embedded prototypes. This is due to most browsers not allowing iframes to have access to the microphone for security reasons.

We are currently working on better messaging around this browser restriction, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

6. The Artboard width and height has Physical width and height of mobile phones. Shouldn't be the resolution of the phone. While exporting the screens in png and viewing it in phones. The resolution is small. Because the physical size of the phone and resolution of the phone differs. Just a small thought

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for inquiring! Unfortunately, this is not how mobile phone OSes (or developing for mobile OSes) work. Often, these devices have what’s called a virtual pixel or a virtual point. A great explanation of this is in the Apple HIG guideline.

XD actually supports this quite well through its export workflow. You can read more about this here: https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Hope that helps!

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! This placement is intentional, as it combines the icons based on the orientation of the selected objects. You can read more about it here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/building-project-comet-designing-the-designers-tool/

感谢您的反馈意见! 该位置是故意的,因为它将基于选定对象的方向的图标组合在一起。 你可以在这里阅读更多关于它的信息:https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/building-project-comet-designing-the-designers-tool/

此消息已经过机器翻译。

8. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, Version 1607, Build 14393.2189.

I was able to work in Adobe XD before 24 May 2018 updates. The latest updates of 24 May 2018 are not compatible with Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, Version 1607, Build 14393.2189.

Now, when my customer gives me XD files made in latest Adobe XD, I cannot open the file. Adobe CC tells me to update my OS to: Windows 10 Creators Update (64-bit) Version 1703 (build 10.0.15063). But my employer does not allow installation of a NON-Enterprise version of Windows 10.

Please immediately provide latest Adobe XD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. as UX designer I need a/b testing, more than prototype I need read a heatmap..good possibilty direct integrate from xd to canvasflip. should like sketch to canvasflip.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 古いXDファイルも開けるようにしてほしいです

古いXDファイルも開けるようにしてほしいです。
    新しく追加したskecthファイルなら開けるのですが、あらかじめDLしていたsketchのUIキットなどは開けません。(フォトショは開けました。)

アップデートお待ちしております

I'd like you to be able to open old XD files as well.
    You can open it if you add a newly added skecth file, but you can not open the sketch UI kit etc which you had previously done DL. (I opened the photo shop.)

We are waiting for updates

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ご意見ありがとうございます! 残念ながら、SketchはSketch 43までファイル形式を開かなかったので、古いファイルを開く方法はありません。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されました。

Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately, Sketch did not open its file format until Sketch 43, so there is no way for us to open older files.

11. This feature is only available to paid Adobe CC users.
    I have been a paid Adobe user for over 12 years yet I can't have a client edit a comment that they made on their prototype.

What if my client changes their mind on the comment they made and wants something different? They have to pay Adobe?

I really think this is ridiculous... I am trying really hard to stick with Adobe but with things like this tripping up my ability to provide a good service to my customers, wasting both my time and theirs... I am forced to look…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe IDs are free to sign up for, and one does not need a paid account to comment on a shared XD prototype. If your client does not wish to create an Adobe ID it is also possible to sign in to comment with a Google or Facebook account.

Hopefully this helps!

12. It's not possible to open in full screen AND allow comments, but both options can be selected.

Seems like if you check "open in fullscreen" that the "allow comments" option should be unchecked and greyed out. May be worth switching the order too so that the as you go down the list, a later choice doesn't affect an earlier choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We never lock you into full screen when you launch the shared prototype, which means that you (or your client) can press Esc to exit back into the main viewer. From there, you can still add comments, so we don’t disable comments when you enable full screen view.

13. Text underline was recently added to Adobe XD. The current implementation adds a space around descenders. This is not how underline looks in Chrome by default.

In order create website designs that accurately reflect how they will look online, it would be great to have a way to show solid underlines that go straight through descenders, as they do in Chrome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A smart key is missing to return to the previous screen without having to copy and paste many screens

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love the publish design specs but now when you choose points and pixels for text styles the number stays the same, which is incorrect. Would love to see point to pixel conversions. I always have to look them up to get the sizes right in my style guides. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are following Microsoft UWP design guidelines, which removes the top menu bar in order to be more touch-friendly. All of the options are available in the UI in the hamburger menu on the left, in the property inspector, as well as contextually using the context menu (right click).

Hope that helps,

-Elaine

17. With the lack of implementing old school basic features. I wonder why Adobe just don't integrate the Prototype mode into the there existing tools like AI and PS and quit the XD.

We don't need more apps with inconsistencies between them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Adobe XD was created specifically for screen designers in mind, optimizing for their experience. Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign were all created with other use cases in mind – like for print and publication. In addition, as Corey pointed out, starting from scratch gave us the additional benefit of being able to make a highly performant program with the latest technologies.

Elaine

18. Key command to go directly to «Target» dialog box.

I want to be able to launch the interaction pop up after selecting an object with a keyboard shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. While I appreciate what is happening with the development of XD - MOST of the design features being requested already exist in Indesign - Surely the Techs can modify Indesign so that it behaves like XD is meant to. It will be far easier to shift thousands of Indesign learned users to an 'Indesign XD' forat than to try and learn a new application that so far doesn't even come close to the abilities of Indesign. Does adobe have a clear idea who they're designing this for? Because as far as Im concerned this is the future of what a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’re designing XD for screen designers, and leveraging a tool like InDesign (while an excellent tool), is kind of like cutting an orange with a katana – they’re different tools for different purposes. While there are things in InDesign that make perfect sense for print, they don’t make sense for screen design, and we wanted to build a new tool to meet the specific needs of those designers.

You’re more than welcome to hit up the InDesign forums and suggest they add prototyping features to the product, but I think they’d have the same perspective: different users, different products.

-Elaine

20. Would be awesome if the a client could open the link you send them and when it opens it doesn't have the web search bar on top and the navigation bar at the bottom. This way they are seeing the prototype the way you want them to see it. See images.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately it’s not technically possible to remove the navigation header and footer on iOS. However if you add the link to the home screen, then it will appear with the navigations bars (although the status bar will still be shown).