Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. When I try to copy a section of text within a text box, if I right click on the selection there are no options but if I use the keyboard shortcut cmd + c it will copy it to the clipboard for me to paste on to another art board.

Is this by design or is it a bug? If it is by design can right click options on selected text be added please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It's cool that we now have the option of exporting SVG files with the february update - But unless I'm blind it does not seem like there is any option to name the file that one wants to export? It would be very nice if it was possible to choose a custom filename like "car.svg" rather than "Path 823.svg" for instance.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently the XD mobile app requires you to log in with a CC account.

If the phone is attached via USB, it would be nice if you can view the selected artboards in XD w/o being forced to signing in first.

This will help for teams that share various testing devices so that they dont need to constantly sign in/out of each device they use.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

Hi! We’ve just released a delayed login experience, where you can now use the live preview functionality without signing in with a CC account!

4. I'd like to be able to export my assets and artboards to PDF.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now export to PDF in the Windows version of Adobe XD. To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

5. I would like to see an integration with Unsplash to search for images and import them into shapes in XD.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At least two different XD plugins are available that integrate with Unsplash:

- PhotoSplash — “The PhotoSplash plugin gives you access to the Unsplash collection of over 500,000 beautiful, copyright-free images from over 70,000 contributing photographers, all directly within Adobe XD.”

- Repetor — “The Adobe XD Plugin for generating content inside a Repeat Grid. … lets you search and download beautiful, high – resolution, free (do -whatever – you – want) images from Unsplash.”

6. Shortcut too add a new Symbole

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be nice to see (where you select the font-familie) what font-families you already used in your project.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. app preview on iPad cannot back to the header

Hello,

When i install the adobe Xd app on the iPad, every artboard all scroll from the header to footer perfectly in first time. But, when i back to previous artboard, it will always start the scroll from the footer, not the header.

the bug only happens on the preview app, but not on the software of my laptop and the share link.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When there's an update, I can't open the application at all. I've been on a couple team phone calls now and have wanted to reference wireframe work I've done and haven't been able to do so because I had pending updates.

Update in the background, let me keep working!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am using French keyboard and Arrange shortcuts do not work, only clicking in the menu does.

European keyboards need the AltGr keys to access alternate characters like [ but that triggers measure mode instead (I think?).

Besides these shortcuts are inconvenient to type on European keyboard layouts.

For instance: Shift+Ctrl+AltGr+[ (Send to back) that's a lot of keys to type and they are far apart on the keyboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should now be able to use the AZERTY keyboard using the French localized version of Adobe XD, available in the May 2017 release. To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

11. Windows needs blur effects, that Mac got in May release.

I believe that Mac got blur effects before Windows, because Mac has blur integrated in the system...We would love to see blur in windows version. (I know that Windows has blur behind Action Center, and all other nice stuff but it isn't used as much as in Mac OS and iOS.) Tell me if i am wrong.

This is the only reason I do my designs of old Photoshop, using Blur effects with Clipping Masks. And it is so slow and terrible experience.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would love to see a way to prototype for different screen but not to copy paste and adjust the size - make it like in Indesign that we can link files to different sizes.

Have a tool that can collect the assets and place them together into a different scree.

432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Hoyle responded

Hello,

With last week’s update of XD, we introduced Responsive Resize – a way to easily resize your elements as you adapt them to different screen sizes. This should massively speed up your workflow.

Download the latest version of XD to give it a try, and check out a 3 min overview of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKvg8_8jv10&t=2s

Look forward to hearing what you think!

Hoyle

13. I'd like to be able to select what language I use XD in.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to have a hand tool (in the try) and keyboard/mouse shortcuts.

Right now when I hit the H key nothing happens, same with middle mouse button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right now the Windows app saves automatically when closing, I would like that there be a dialog that asks whether the file should be saved or not instead.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When pasting an object into an artboard, by default it is pasted "in place" (i.e. at the same position as the artboard it was copied from). In most instances, this is very useful. However, in some cases it's not the desired behaviour. Particularly when working while zoomed into large artboards, it can be hard to find the pasted object.

It would be useful to have a modifer key / alternative shortcut for pasting the contents of the clipboard into the centre of the current viewport (i.e. the default paste behaviour in other CS apps). This would be in line with…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bearing with us on this! We’ve adjusted the way that paste works, and I think you’ll find it a little more intuitive. Now, we’ll always paste in the visible area of your selected artboard, which means you won’t lose your objects off screen any more.

Check it out, play with it, and let us know what you think here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

17. I'd like to be able to export SVG so that I can output my vector artwork.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. First of all: I LOVE XD! Thanks for this great software!

My issue is, that sharing the prototype on the web is nice, but our customers request to see the prototype on their mobile devices - but not with the online link, because they can't see the complete screen without scrolling and that looks not like an app more than a webpage.

Now the only possibility is to download the xd app, login or register and connect the mobile device with the computer, where the file is open. How can our customer see and test the prototype in the same…

365 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With the new release of XD, we have made few improvements in the viewing and navigation elements on mobile browsers. Now, you can scroll up to dismiss the browser chromes on mobile browsers. You can also pinch to minimize the artboard and access the navigation controls.
    Please try out the enhancements and share your feedback with us.

Best Regards
    Rizurekh Saha

20. I'd like to create a clipping mask in Windows using any shape or path.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mask with Shape is now available in the April release of XD for Windows! Download it today from your Creative Cloud desktop app – if it doesn’t show up, click the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine