Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Use case:
    Developer asked me for a link for specs, and when I gave it to him he found out that screens differ from prototype. It was because I forgot to update both links.

Proposed Solution:
    Enable automatic update whenever prototype is updated, via some kind of toggle button/ checkbox.

My thoughts on problem:
    Since I cannot directly edit specs link, it makes sense to update it only when I edit current state of prototype - the prototype is current, valid state of app. Therefore it makes sense to give us some kind of automatization for this process.

Thanks, you're…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I am able to add colors to my assets panel, but when I click on those colors it changes the color of the fill without an option to change the stroke. It would be awesome if these could sync to the fill/border color palette. It's annoying when the color is in your assets but not in your swatch and you have to fill a shape just to copy the hex code to change the color of the stroke. See video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this! By default, you click on the assets panel to apply it quickly to the fill. However, if you want to apply the color to your border, you can right click the swatch in the assets panel and select “Apply to Border.” Hope that helps!

3. When writing a comment on a prototype it's really easy to hit "return" and submit the comment. After the fact I actually meant to pin the comment to the artboard. Presently I have to copy the comment, delete it, then paste into a new comment then click "Pin to artboard". It would be nice to have a button in edit mode or next to the edit button where I can pin the comment to the artboard after I've submitted it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Saved Assets need to be able to quickly copy pasted between multiple .xd files.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All -

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

5. The new Spec link is awesome. But my teammates can't read the full artboard name if the artboard's width is short eg. Android or iPhone artboard. A simplily mouse over name would solve this problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'm missing an option to mark and comment on the online (published) preview image. this feature can be very useful in the design and develop meeting when other members of the team comment on the mockup design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The possibility of changing the fill color of each member of group object by changing the color of that group object

I have the full subscription to all Adobe Cloud products and applications.

Now I can change the color only of the single object, but if I group it (by pressing CTRL+G) the fill color of that object becomes unchangeable.

That is VERY-VERY inconvenient, because that is VERY-VERY unintuitive.

Why is that VERY-VERY unintuitive?

Ok, just have a glance on it.

Imagine that I've have selected 10 separate objects, and that each of them is not a group, but a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please allow to show/ hide grids without clicking on the art-board first.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi. I'd like to be able to select all artboards used or not used in a prototype.

I would use this in a couple of ways:

1. I want to clean up my artboard layout, so that "current" artboards are in one area and older or reference artboards are off to the side. The current ones are the ones linked up in the prototype. I'd like to select all artboards that aren't in the prototype—don't link from or to the home board through any path—and then move those all with one gesture to another area of the workspace, leaving only the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I use the Update Link command a lot! It has now been buried under Publish Prototype; more clicks away instead of fewer. I believe that his command is a signature experience for this application, and so it should be brought forward rather than buried.

It would be great for me to have a dedicated control that let's me update my prototype with one powerful click.

Please look at the attached image I which I have capture my thoughts around this feature.

If anything, the previous design should be put back in place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For an example, when I have some bold text inside a paragraph, the design specs for that paragraph should state that not only that text is Arial 12px but also has some bold inside.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently, there aren't any safeguards to ensure that all pages are accounted for and each button directs correctly.

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a button with a target at the outset, so that upon publishing a quick preflight check would ensure that everything is linked correctly and no pages are missing from the site architecture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The title says it. Since the original request for "Export to JPG" (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942069-export-to-jpg) was completed, though not fully, I'm adding this request to add exporting of JPEG @2x resolution.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Developers and designers where I work would love to get a place on the new Design Specs feature where they would add comments against artboards or even an element on a page.

Maybe even code snippets and links to external systems to look at feedback from a client or user group.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With XD’s most recent update, Design Specs now has the same great commenting feature as prototypes. Developers can comment on specs and you’ll be notified. Any updates, changes, or replies you make will automatically show up when they refresh their browsers.

Thank you for upvoting feature here in Uservoice. Request you to please play around with this feature and as always keep the feedback coming.

15. Show layout grids on artboards on the design specs pages.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I rely heavily on the color picker, and it is now two clicks away instead of one. Furthermore, there's no keyboard shortcut for it. Returning the color picker to its previous collection and/or adding a keyboard shortcut will save me a lot of time in the long run.

This is a crosspost of "Color picker now 2 clicks away" under the Bugs section: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/32248015-color-picker-now-2-clicks-away

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. At the moment, my development team do not have an adobe subscription, and I often work with external organisations who also do not use adobe either.

As a result, I need the ability to share a public link to the design specs so that they can access it.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When the developer clicks an element, the layer name is not shown. Today he can only see the type of that layer ("Rectangle", "Text", "Group", etc). If the layer name was shown the designers could append information on that layer like the asset name or the color variable that should be used on that element.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Whenever, you click on a layer in design specs, the layer type and name are displayed in the Design Specs properties inspector

19. On the design specs mode, I should be able to direct developers to where a specific asset is. Sometimes I want to attach a link to an asset (if it's common use, a logo hosted on S3 for an example), sometimes the dev needs to be able to download the asset (be it an image already scaled to 1x, 2x, etc or the code of an SVG to embed into a page) and the third case is that I need to attach some free text (for example a path on our local server or the icon code on font awesome…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests?category_id=323330

Thanks,
    Harish

20. Great to see design specs working! Will add some ideas for it here. The first of them is:

As a designer, I need to send to developers a link with the working prototype and another with the design specs. Would be great if I could share a single link and design specs and prototype worked as tabs on that page.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available in the latest design specs links published from XD 21.0 onwards.

Now you can share a single design specs link with developers that includes both prototypes interactions and design specs. This saves your developers time as well as enable you to better communicate your design intent.