Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. It would be great to have the ability to move artboards around.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. <Note: original suggestion has been edited to add links to separate breakout suggestions, to keep the list fine-grained>

Add fill support for :
    - Pattern : Pictures (browser or download from link), ... --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15672075-pattern-fill
    - Linear gradient --> DONE!
    - Radial gradient --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15671976-radial-gradients
    - Angular gradient --> https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15902767-angular-gradient
    - Noise fill --> see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15672078-noise-fill

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be very handy to be able to apply a translucency blur effect like the native IOS one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A set of keyboard commands for the object alignment features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Ability to click an object and the artboard (title or artboard border perhaps) so that a user can quickly align the object to the artboard itself. Most frequent use case is centering an object to the artboard.

2. Sometimes faster and easier to do this than having to move the object until smart guides assist the user in placing the object in the right spot on the artboard.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now, you can select an element or a group, use the alignment tools via property inspector and the selected item will be aligned to the artboard (a single selection of one item or one group has to be​ made). Please let us know if it covers your needs described in this request. Thanks.

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta
    2. Steps to reproduce:
      Create an AI file
      Draw an circle on it (any object, really)
      Drop a symbol on the same artboard
      Select both items
      Copy
      Go to XD
      Paste into XD
      Observe only the object comes over, not the symbol.

3. Expected Result - Both items should appear in XD

4. Actual Result - Only the object appears, not the symbol

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1.Open a new document.
    2. Select a template type (web)
    3. File > New Document
    4. You are not re-prompted to select a layout type.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently when update a shared prototype, it replaces the previous version, it would be nice to have the option to retain previous versions.

These versions could then be compared side by side to easily review changes, as an added bonus the versions could be linked together so as you navigate one version the previous version would move in sync (where possible)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When opening a document there needs to be a warning if the fonts used are not currently active.

At this time it involves a lot of guess work to remember which fonts a used in a specific project to have the active before opening the document.

thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Your startup screen breaks one of the basic rules of usability : What can I interact with?

Everything is gray. Titles, desc text, links and buttons.

PROBLEM: The layout is fine, but you have turned your startup screen into 'mystery meat' navigation. What can I click on? What is a call to action? Do I have to hover over everything to figure this out?

Think about this. Also, gray links are historically 'disabled' color. Whether it's a button or a link, it usually means 'disabled'. I understand that shades of grey are the new cool design thing, but for your…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. When switching between apps, for. example when copying hex from browser to Xd, Color dialog window always disappear and I always have to click on Fill option in Appearance tab to get Color dialog back on. It would be much easier for window to stay open when switching between apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am creating multiple slides at once. I am using it as a storyboard, so to speak. Problem is that I can't move from one part of the screen to the next slide like I normally would as a map (hand). Further complicating the problem is that when I re-size the screen, navigation gets more difficult (can't locate how far in the x and y access things are from each other). I wish the screen was easier to move around on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi. Thanks for the opportunity to try out Adobe XD!

One thing that takes up a lot of my time designing is when I change the height of one object and have a lot of content beneath it. Then I have to select all that content beneath and move it regarding to the height change earlier. Well that I can live with. But...

... what about when you change the font size in one block. Then I would like that block to adjust the height according to the content. And I would like all the content beneath to automatically change…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Editing a pathfinder ( Add, subtract, intersect, etc.) would be beneficial to create the perfect shape without building new shapes or paths. Example: location pin - If the circle within the teardrop is off by 2px, I can select the circle shape and move it instead of selecting anchor points.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support OS X fullscreen mode to allow quick app switching, dual full screen apps in versions past El Capitan, and distraction-free editing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I find the option to position elements relative to artboard is a missing feature.

Not only for center to artboard, but also, let's say I change the width of the artboard, if the element is centered it should keep that way.

If it's aligned to right it should be like glued to the artboard right edge.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide us an upfront tool to add or insert image / images and also option to replace the same.

Its very important to add icons also .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible today: just hold down Alt (aka Option) while dragging one corner handle. In the near future you will also be able to set separate corners from the properties panel, which should help make this easier to discover.

17. When pasting elements with shadow from Ai to XD, the element is pasted but without the shadow

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. If I click on the Object menue, I see lots of active entries even if currently no shape in an artboard is selected. And if a shape or an image is selected, "Object > Mask with Shape" is active, even if I had selected only the image or the shape (but the command only works with both selected).

Desired behaviour: Menue entries should only be active if applicable, otherwise grayed out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)