Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add some basic editing features for mobile app

Hope to see some basic editing features for mobile app. This could be really helpful for prototyping.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Record screen & clicks while using shared prototype online (user testing)

well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  20 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Built-in Library of Wireframe Elements, for generic web / mobile design

To be able to use XD as a useful tool for content architecting/wireframing (before design, before prototype) - a library of generic common web and mobile web elements would be very useful (in an easily accessible panel - NOT by copying and pasting from a template file).

For example:
    - Image/Logo (resizable) placeholder
    - Horizontal and Vertical Nav placeholder
    - Icon library (like hamburger, search, map point, etc)
    - Text block (resizable) placeholder
    - Scrollbar (horizontal, vertical) placeholder

etc

Think Balsamiq, or OmniGraffle wireframe tools for example.

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Choose reference / anchor point for transform origin and X, Y display

Being able to change the reference point from the upper-left to center or lower right or whathaveyou is so useful in other Adobe apps. Having to do everything with top-left x/y is a pain when trying to position objects by their center.

Choose point by clicking 9-grid icon

248 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  31 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync Mobile Preview to reflect desktop Preview window or viewport / scroll position

I like the live editing on mobile, that's a good case.

However, I'd like the ability for the mobile device to reflect where I am in my artboard when working in XD on my Mac.

Example -- I'm designing a mobile page and I scroll down to the footer; currently I'd have to manually scroll to the footer on my device to reflect what I'm working on.

Example II -- I'm in prototype mode on my Mac, and I click a button to move to a linked artboard. I'd expect this interaction to be mirrored on the mobile device, but…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  09 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export size options (e.g. export only 2x version)

The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  36 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Adobe Fonts (Typekit)

Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  9 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set width and height in percentages

When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adobe Extract for Brackets to work with XD

Brackets Code Editor has good integration with PSD Files, which allows it to grab layers, colors, font details and spacing info. More on that here (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/extract-for-brackets.html)
    I wonder whether you can work on features that allow Adobe Extract to grab data(images, font names, sizing info etc) from XD and transfer for Brackets, the same way it happens to PSD ?

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  6 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set spacing between objects to a specific number of pixels

Adobe Fireworks style specific alignment in pixels.

Set spacing vertically or horizontally, by typing a specific number value into the panel.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. XD integrated with AEM

Integration of XD with AEM will be very convenient to prototype and bring the application to life at the same place.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This was highly debated and designers are split on whether they want this or not. We may provide a preference in the future.

13. Access camera on mobile device

What if you through the link could acces the camera for apps where photosharing is key ?

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  3 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Arrow navigation on the online shared prototype

I created a link, but when I was presenting, I realized that exported version can't be navigated using keyboard-arrows.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was some negative feedback received when we removed the navigation arrows from prototypes, so, this change was reverted and other solutions are being considered.

Joan Lafferty
    Product Manager

15. [shortcut] Option + shift + arrow keys to duplicate objects

1. Similar to the rest of the creative suite, the ability to click on an object (text or object) and holding down option + moving that object with arrow keys (while also holding down shift) to duplicate the object.

2. Quickest and most painless path to duplicating objects over click + copy + paste imho.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Anchor Points evenly spaced between existing anchors (similar to Illustrator)

I posted this on the Adobe forums but realized this is the proper place to post.

I would like to see a tool similar to the "Add Anchor Points" tool in Illustrator, but potentially with a few more features.

Along with the normal "Add Anchor Points" feature, It would be really nice to be able to select 2 anchor points, use "Add Anchor Points" and choose how many anchor points to add between the two selected points, equally spaced out. This could also work with selecting more than 2 anchor points, or an entire shape.

Thanks.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base