Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shared cloud document folder

I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

73 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove forced cloud storage and remove cloud storage as default

My team cannot use Adobe's cloud for collaboration. We must be able to create a document without automatically saving the document to Adobe's cloud. Further, for a desktop app, local storage should be the default and CMD+S should work as expected.

Updating XD and finding that our documents no longer existed on our desktop was unexpected and we've lost time figuring out where our documents went and figuring out how to restore our workflow, and we will continue to lose time deleting files from Adobe's cloud and dealing with duplicate files every time someone forgets to explicitly save a file…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Upload XD document between profiles

I try to upload an XD file to my business profile (first download it from my personal profile). Unfortunately it will give an error that only psd or ai is possible. But at this link it says that it is possible...https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/enterprise/using/move-assets-across-profiles.html. So I expect this is a bug? Can you resolve this? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Downgrade display performance to optimize for app speed

I would like to see a feature, much like in InDesign, where you can toggle the display performance settings for the art boards in file.

My company tends to keep a lot of screens and components in master files and working in those can become tedious due to CPU drag. It'd be great to be able to downgrade the display performance to more quickly navigate the file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make PDF export free again

I use AdobeXD to design my (one page) CV. Everytime I update something, I need to create a new PDF, since you can't use SVG or PNG when applying somewhere (they most likely print it out for the personal interview).

So this limits me to 2 changes in the free version which I do not see as fair. Please make it unlimited again, thanks.

PS: With a bit of a workaround it is possible to convert SVG to PNG anyway, it is just totally unnecessary IMHO.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. RTL app display problems Adobe XD

Greetings.
    I'm a user from Israel I use the keyboard in Hebrew and English and when I change the language from English to Hebrew there are display problems that are caused as if I change the size of the object lengthwise it does not matter the text inside the field turns black to white however I noticed quite a few crashes in the app Disconnecting from the server and sometimes it crashes the interface is great I really like to use the app especially I can navigate between the other apps like Photoshop Illustrator etc.
    I have windows 11 maybe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Copy pasting clipped Images from Xd to Illustrator

when i am copy pasting my design elements to make a presentation for the UI the image those are clipped in Xd breaks up in tiles to show up in Illustrator its frustrating to fix it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to turn off Coediting

Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Perpetual License

I came across a superior licensing (adapted below). It is kind to customers who need the software briefly rather than regularly. To sum it up the software works perpetually but updates require periodic renewal. It also encourages developers to serve the people's needs so they renew the service. Currently you have to pay constantly for software that doesn't have to improve.

Yearly License Explained
    The yearly license model is becoming a popular pricing model for design tools. It’s fair for developers and customers.

You get frequent, useful updates and we get rewarded for our ongoing full-time work on Adobe. You…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe XD 64-bit download link for Windows on ARM Surface Pro X (64-bit emulator)

Like the Title says. I was able to run Adobe XD with Windows 11 on my Surface Pro X. I know that making an ARM version takes time but, in the meantime, please make the 64 bit version available in the Creative cloud app. Windows 11 (some windows 10 builds) now have 64 bit support for the ARM devices like the Surface Pro X.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Do not show Libraries panel when opening document

The libraries panel is always shown when I open a file and it's a bit annoying. I wish this was collapsed by default, or even better have the program remember what my display looked like the last time I closed that particular file (for instance, if I had the layers panel shown when I closed a file, then when I open the file again that panel would show by default).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Roll back the dropdown menu background color

The black text on dark grey is VERY hard on my eyes--I can barely see it with the contrast.
    I know that low contrast is the trend right now, but it is a serious functional issue--I can't SEE your features to use them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Modified files in folders should also be sorted

When modifying a document inside a folder, the folder maintains its position in the Xd launch screen > Cloud Documents.
    If I modify a file in a folder, it should show as the first item. So the sort order should take files in folders into account and re-order the folder too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix mask issue when you export in PDF

It's an issue when you export to PDF and the design have a MASK. The content inside of the mask it's generated with zoom inside of the mask.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please add Persian language voice to Adobe XD

Please add Persian language voice to Adobe XD because there is a lot of literature and poetry in this language that can help the whole world community and also different languages are used like Iran Iran Afghanistan Tajikistan and some other countries.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy and share web links from XD cloud docs to other team members (after inviting)

Having different versions of documents can get confusing, so it would be great if you could copy the url link to a shared cloud doc (much like the one the person gets when they are invited to the file). I can currently send them a link to my file on my web creative cloud, but it downloads the document as a local file.

Basically it would be nice to send out an email that linked to each XD file so that the person knew they were opening the right file. We've been having a lot of version control issues. Powerpoint…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Revert to previous file version

I have created a linked Design System file and now one of the designers has overwritten some of my elements. I can go back in the version history and open a version before the mistake was made but I can't revert to that version. Because many files link to the source Design System file, I can't just make a new one and send it out — the orginal linked file needs to be maintained.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. zoom in/out with scrolling without pressing alt key

in PS and Ai there's this option and I became used to it. It would be nice if XD has it too. thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Import graphics in Document assets - CC Libraries

Hi,

Perhaps I misunderstand the point and how to actually work with libraries. However, I see in point of being able to add for example graphics to a document assets library. It would avoid me from constantly looking in file managers for needed assets, and not forcing me to have multiple libraries. Would also like the ability to be able to drag objects from the doc assets to a shape, screen, etc.

thanks for a great product,

Kim

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support more recent documents in home screen

Recent files will display 15 files at most in home page, a lot of blanks left below, can more files be listed here by default?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base