Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. Abilty to have dividers or grouping of folders in the library file. Currently I have a lot of groups of things in one long list i have created folders just as dividers so i can better group folders of content but having built it dividers would solve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Not sure why Xd has completely erased the option to view and open cloud documents by 'Date Created'?

The filter function has changed to "Date Modified' which is pretty redundant as the 'Home' tab has a selection of recent files that have been worked on for quick access.

I have 100's of cloud documents and was tracking the progress/development of projects and design experiments by quickly scanning the file list from the creation dates.

Now when you even open a cloud document (without even making any changes) it automatically moves to the top of the list.

Is anyone else annoyed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Swatch .svg files that are created in illustrator should be compatible in Adobe XD like it is in other Adobe products.

Currently .svg files that include a swatch pattern turn black when imported into Adobe XD. I was told that this feature is not available in XD.

A swatch .svg is used at times to help lower files size for better website performances. I use/create them in illustrator and would love to have them compatible with Adobe XD so the assets can easily be shared and downloaded via XD link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Recently (and I'm ware this is my fault) I unlinked a Cloud (master) doc and lost all my components, with no way to get them back.

I've learnt my lesson but I just clicking an 'x' without warning and something this major happening seems like it should display a warning to the affects of doing so. I thought the links would break but relinking the doc instantly would relink the components - I only (stupidly) did this so the XD would inherit the the Cloud (master) docs assets order. As I have so many it's chaos if they're not in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide a menu named Assets at Home page, just under Add-ons.

So we can manage assets for global useage.

Assets can be listed as global assets and specific projects assets.

I made a rough design for this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to have the Download XD File option when looking at the cloud history. Today I only have "open in a new window" and "rename this version", I wish there was an "download this version" option for making backups.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When opening a library file it would be good to have the folders collapsed or have a choice of collapsing all at once. Otherwise its complete overwhelming as a starting point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have a personal Adobe account and access to a company Adobe account. However, I only have one computer, and I do not plan on buying a second mac just to facilitate 2 Adobe accounts.

This leaves me with following problem: I have to sign in/out all the time to view my different projects. This is extremely inconvenient and wastes time unnecessarily.

Please let users be signed in to multiple accounts simultaneously, so that work flow isn't constantly disrupted.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I'm arranging several windows next to each other on my screen, or decreasing the window size for any other good reason, I can't see the full file name anymore. There's still ample space to show it, but the bar clearly prioritises a lot of empty space over informational clarity...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Every time I go to open a new file, it takes 3 clicks. One click to maximize the tiny (minified) 'Open' file pane to fill the whole window (even if I did this last time I opened a file). One click to switch to Cloud Documents (because I can't change to list view in the 'Recent' tab, so I cannot see the full file names and do not know if I am selecting the correct file.) And the third click is to actually open the file.

Now, I don't know about other users, but I open and close my XD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Hi, I have designed a very long page, it's a detail page, so it contains hundreds of objects, but when I export this artboard to png, many objects are disappear on the png, seems there is limitation of objects number when export, it can't export so many objects for a single page. So I don't know how to share this page to the developers, since I can't split it into pieces because the objects / elements should be on a single page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hey guys. I think you have created best UI/UX app. I really love using Adobe XD. But recently i am really frustrated with XD as well as Adobe. Why would you deliver the UAP app through Creative Cloud? You have created an app on the platform which is designed to publish apps through Microsoft Store. because of downloading and installing through Creative Cloud, User faces tones of problems. It is also free app. Why can't you just add it to Store and force users to login before use. This way they will be logged in with Adobe Account. I have…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Build in email design and prototyping features. XD already shines in its ability to quickly layout a single email design or campaign, but it really isn't designed to build emails. Yes, emails can already be built quickly and handed off to developers using XD. But, if XD would incorporate a few features geared to emails it would be a great and welcome asset. Features like; templated documents for common email sizes. Maybe templated headers for To:, From:, and Subject:. Maybe UI kits with email header elements.

I'm sure others can contribute more specific feature suggestions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can "invite to edit" be a check in check out feature, where only one person could work in at a time?

• Problem is I can't accept changes from a designer. Their changes are being pushed and I am forced to accept.
    • I don't know what the revisions are and cannot track changes.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm trying to figure out how to enable XD to support Apple Time Machine (versioning) so I can roll back some changes to a prior version of an XD file. Since I don't see a clear way to enable that, and it doesn't appear to be enabled by default, my guess it that it will need to be a feature request.

Automated versioning is built into MacOS, supporting it in XD would be a time saver for users. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Whether we create an animation in XD we perhaps might wish to refine in AE, or work in AE to make an animation(s) for XD, I would like to be able to round-trip that within the Adobe ecosystem. Bonus points if we can make micro-interactions or IFTTT types of interactivity, which would activate the branching JSON file animations; perhaps connected as nodes. Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have realized that when working on different devices using Adobe XD, the option it gives us to preview our designs is a bit inefficient. This is considered to be to the "desktop preview" We do not present the measures as in theory should be seen since when designing on different screen sizes like a mac and then continue on a different laptop or computer either to analyzing the design or correcting errors shows a drastic change. My suggestion is that they can implement a pre-visualization option in the browser like the one that Adobe Dreamweaver gives us, this facilitates…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My team and I created a shared CC library and I added couple colors on it. I want to be able to reorder the elements so it will be more organized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)