Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. When recording a preview (within desktop preveiw) it would be nice to select or at least know which Mic is being used if you have more than one. This is important when you have two mics one which is far superior than the other. Please Note that this response was after the chat support suggested to raise it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. I'm not sure if this is an intended thing or a bug, but why I can't find (Samsung Galaxy S10 artboard) in home artboard choices while I can find it when I press (A) shortcut inside a project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting this! The Welcome Screen only shows the most commonly used artboard types; we surface a larger set of them in the artboard tool. I’ll keep this open as a request.

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be great, if Xd could save a file in the cloud, and parallel also a copy of the same file locally.

If I work on sensitive projects, I am being asked to also have local copies of the file, in case something goes wrong in the cloud. It would really help, if I didn't had to do this manually.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. I use a password manager (LastPass, Bit Warden, etc) to auto fill organization-required passwords for prototypes. Recently this has been causing a visual captcha for every view of the prototype in the browser. Clearly not needed.

Using a password manager (copy and pasting email) does not imply spamming tactics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to be able to set a shortcut in Google Drive (or any explorer) to edit directly in Xd a file stored in CC.

I've found how to get a shortcut via CC Web, but once i'm on the file, i can't simply "Open with Xd"

I can download the file, sure, but that would create a copy, it wouldn't edit the original file. that's why the option "Open With" would be very useful.

It's a pain to manage 2 file managers, one for spec docs and one for mockups, that would easily connect both.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adobe XD is incompatible with newer Windows 10 devices such as the Surface Pro X and Samsung Galaxy Book S running on ARM based Qualcomm chipsets. Microsoft seems to be developing Windows 10 more around ARM and the platform would really benefit from software such as XD.

I personally just received my Pro X and it is unfortunate that XD will not run at all on it.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. We hold design events early in the design process where non-designers and designers real-time co-edit a file. This takes up at most 4 days a year for a non-designer. After that step, designers pick up the design file to continue iterating, and the non-designers don't usually touch it again.

Right now, we use Balsamiq Cloud, which has an enterprise license model where there's a limit on the number of active projects, but the number of collaborators is unlimited. This works really well for these design events (not to mention being browser-based means an appropriately small setup time for 4-times-a-year use).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When opening Xd I see the recents on the welcome-screen. Please let me clear that list of items with a button next to the title as well as right-click individual items (which has a second item to delete all as well).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll leave this in for consideration. You can currently clear all documents from your recently used list through File > Open Recent > Clear Menu

10. WHY did you remove the availability to open files from my computer from the open menu? Stop trying to force everyone to use the cloud. Were users banging down your door demanding that you split the OPEN FILE functionality into two separate functions depending on whether or not you wanted to open from the cloud or open from your computer!?!?
    So many things you could be fixing or improving so why waste time on something that was never broken.
    Command O has been a learned behavior for decades. Just dumb.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My primary email for my Adobe ID is my personal email (personal@email.com), but I'm a contractor with a temporary company email, which I've set as my secondary email (work@company.com). The designers I'm collaborating with are sending me the invitations to my secondary (company) email, but I get a message saying "I don't have permission to open this file". It would be great if I could use my secondary email as well for co-editing, because as a contractor, I won't be needing access to those files once my work is done and my work email has been…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have created group folders for my assets in the library file but each time I open I have to choose to view by group as the default is by type. And sharing the lbrary with the team also presents the same issue. Whichever state the library was last saved in should be the default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have a CC library. I would like to iterate on it and create a new version of this library and keep the old as v1 for example. Doesn't seem to be a way that I can see where I can duplicated and rename a library file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Now that we are all loving the ability to add States to Components... My "component" box in the upper right is getting busy, and I'm having to scroll constantly! It looks like we have plenty of vertical space in the XD UI to allow this area to expand... either as needed (to a certain point of course!), or allow the user to drag this palette longer, similar to other CC apps.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. Every time I open XD it opens in the same size window not bothering to remember that I last had the program open across two monitors filling the screens top to bottom, with the preview window open and zoomed into a specific artboard. And, XD never opens a document to the last place I edited it. It's always scrunched up small in the center of the screen.

How about remembering the positions and size of the application windows and the locations within each document I was last editing so I don't need to rearrange my workspace and go searching for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For now, Ctrl+tab navigating to next tab (design > prototype > share). But Ctrl+shift+tab not navigating to the previous tab (design < prototype < share)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Is Greek language going to be available for XD any time soon?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I just downloaded the Apple Files for iOS and wanted to upload them into Xds Cloud Space so I can use them whenever I want. It seems I can't drag anything into the cloud-document area. Same when I use the Creative Cloud App. I can create folders like crazy but no way to add files via Drag and Drop. Am I missing something here?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe Cloud files should be exchangeable with the creative cloud files. Its frustrating to work in a team that uses both creative cloud library and XD cloud documents and they aren't synced. At least make it so the shared links are smart enough to recognize the file name and not create a new link if there was already a link created for the XD cloud version of the file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)