Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Design Team Analytics

I wish XD would follow Invision's lead in providing analytics about how many prototypes we have, how often they're being updated, how many comments they have, how many collaborators there are, who is creating prototypes, how many screens are in each prototype, when they were last updated, etc.

I've attached a screenshot to show how DOMO is using the prototype analytics data they are receiving from Invision.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Samsung Galaxy S10 (Artboard) should be in the Welcome Screen as a preset

I'm not sure if this is an intended thing or a bug, but why I can't find (Samsung Galaxy S10 artboard) in home artboard choices while I can find it when I press (A) shortcut inside a project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting this! The Welcome Screen only shows the most commonly used artboard types; we surface a larger set of them in the artboard tool. I’ll keep this open as a request.

3. Record prototype with cursor and not circular pointer

Minor request - I am mocking up a lot of desktop prototypes and recording user journeys using adobe XD screen record to send to stakeholders.

I find the pointer device is too big for previewing desktop designs and I have to explain to stakeholders this is not how it would appear in desktop browser.

I understand that on mobile a representation of a fingertip is best - would be good to be able to change or adjust this for better presentation of screen recordings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to Organize Cloud Documents by Favorites/Priority

I can never find the Cloud document I need. Last modifies is great but sometimes I need a file I worked on a month ago. Please allow easier organization of files by allowing to star favorites, like Dropbox, or some other way to keep important files at the top

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove captcha for password managers

I use a password manager (LastPass, Bit Warden, etc) to auto fill organization-required passwords for prototypes. Recently this has been causing a visual captcha for every view of the prototype in the browser. Clearly not needed.

Using a password manager (copy and pasting email) does not imply spamming tactics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option "Open in XD" on Creative Cloud Web

I want to be able to set a shortcut in Google Drive (or any explorer) to edit directly in Xd a file stored in CC.

I've found how to get a shortcut via CC Web, but once i'm on the file, i can't simply "Open with Xd"

I can download the file, sure, but that would create a copy, it wouldn't edit the original file. that's why the option "Open With" would be very useful.

It's a pain to manage 2 file managers, one for spec docs and one for mockups, that would easily connect both.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Being able to save a file in the Cloud and at the same time locally

It would be great, if Xd could save a file in the cloud, and parallel also a copy of the same file locally.

If I work on sensitive projects, I am being asked to also have local copies of the file, in case something goes wrong in the cloud. It would really help, if I didn't had to do this manually.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enterprise license for infrequent collaborative design events

We hold design events early in the design process where non-designers and designers real-time co-edit a file. This takes up at most 4 days a year for a non-designer. After that step, designers pick up the design file to continue iterating, and the non-designers don't usually touch it again.

Right now, we use Balsamiq Cloud, which has an enterprise license model where there's a limit on the number of active projects, but the number of collaborators is unlimited. This works really well for these design events (not to mention being browser-based means an appropriately small setup time for 4-times-a-year use).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cmd+O should open local documents

WHY did you remove the availability to open files from my computer from the open menu? Stop trying to force everyone to use the cloud. Were users banging down your door demanding that you split the OPEN FILE functionality into two separate functions depending on whether or not you wanted to open from the cloud or open from your computer!?!?
    So many things you could be fixing or improving so why waste time on something that was never broken.
    Command O has been a learned behavior for decades. Just dumb.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add native ARM64 support

Adobe XD is incompatible with newer Windows 10 devices such as the Surface Pro X and Samsung Galaxy Book S running on ARM based Qualcomm chipsets. Microsoft seems to be developing Windows 10 more around ARM and the platform would really benefit from software such as XD.

I personally just received my Pro X and it is unfortunate that XD will not run at all on it.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default CC Library to open view by group

I have created group folders for my assets in the library file but each time I open I have to choose to view by group as the default is by type. And sharing the lbrary with the team also presents the same issue. Whichever state the library was last saved in should be the default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Duplicate CC library file

I have a CC library. I would like to iterate on it and create a new version of this library and keep the old as v1 for example. Doesn't seem to be a way that I can see where I can duplicated and rename a library file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use coediting with secondary CC account email

My primary email for my Adobe ID is my personal email (personal@email.com), but I'm a contractor with a temporary company email, which I've set as my secondary email (work@company.com). The designers I'm collaborating with are sending me the invitations to my secondary (company) email, but I get a message saying "I don't have permission to open this file". It would be great if I could use my secondary email as well for co-editing, because as a contractor, I won't be needing access to those files once my work is done and my work email has been…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Greek Language for XD

Is Greek language going to be available for XD any time soon?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Drag and Drop Files into Xds File-System

I just downloaded the Apple Files for iOS and wanted to upload them into Xds Cloud Space so I can use them whenever I want. It seems I can't drag anything into the cloud-document area. Same when I use the Creative Cloud App. I can create folders like crazy but no way to add files via Drag and Drop. Am I missing something here?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Creative Cloud Files and XD cloud documents should be the same thing

Adobe Cloud files should be exchangeable with the creative cloud files. Its frustrating to work in a team that uses both creative cloud library and XD cloud documents and they aren't synced. At least make it so the shared links are smart enough to recognize the file name and not create a new link if there was already a link created for the XD cloud version of the file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove document from Recently Used list

When opening Xd I see the recents on the welcome-screen. Please let me clear that list of items with a button next to the title as well as right-click individual items (which has a second item to delete all as well).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll leave this in for consideration. You can currently clear all documents from your recently used list through File > Open Recent > Clear Menu

20. Ctrl + Shift + Tab should navigate to previous mode

For now, Ctrl+tab navigating to next tab (design > prototype > share). But Ctrl+shift+tab not navigating to the previous tab (design < prototype < share)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base