Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep elements properties between states (propagate text)

It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 225 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.

3. Allow component instance overrides to be inherited by all states

Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

1,132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  271 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Choose if changes to default state rollout to other states

When working with components, I sometimes have to make changes to the default state that I don't necessarily need in the other states, it would be nice to have the ability to choose if those changes roll out to the other states or not.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show differences between versions

When multiple users working on the same file, it will be great if we can see which part is changed or modified.

It is nice to see other people working on the work area realtime but when someone leave the file and come back, it should show them which part has been modified since they leave. Maybe a special highlight or a mark on changed art board.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create new main component from existing component

◆ Overview
    After releasing "State" feature, it's been able to prepare complex interactions like "hover." Following feature may help to reduce required time preparing a new component with similar behaviors/instructions.

◆ Actual
    New component with state settings every time when a similar behavior is expected in different look and feel.
    (Currently, preparing another XD file is believed to be the only solution to avoid this by selecting "Make it as local component" after loading it from another XD file.")

◆ Expected
    By select "Use it as a new Master Component" is to make a new Master component instead of copying…

566 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow 3D Transformations in States

Please allow to use different 3d Transformations between the States so you can use 3d Transform as a hover effect or something else.

Currently the 3D Transform Options adapt to all States when you change it on the component.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Comments for coediting files

We need to have a way to leave comments on specific objects or artboards in files with coediting enabled. Should be able to tag other people, assign the comment, and resolve when completed. Bonus points if you can integrate with, like, asana or trello or whatever.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share button on artboard in design mode is too easy to hit

The Share button that appears at the top of the selected artboard is super annoying. I have clicked on it 100 times accidentally when I want to rename or move an artboard :( And it directly generates a new link! Horror. If you wan to keep this function - please move it somewhere else. Prototyping mode or actually the Share mode fit this button better.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Resizing artboard from the left should hide content inside

Oh my, XD is so bad!
    Why when resizing an artboard from the left the content is pushed away on the right but when resizing from the right the content is hidden under the artboard (the way it should be!). This happens regardless of Responsive Resizing.
    This is NOT an idea!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this suggestion open, but to answer your question: content is referenced by x, y pinned to the top left corner of the artboard. When you resize from the right, the content of the artboard is still fixed to the upper left corner. Since you’re moving the origin when you resize from the left, you’re moving the content with it. Hope that helps!

11. Scale line and paragraph spacing when increasing font size using keyboard shortcut

Font resize by Command + . wold resize space between lines and paragraph spacement (proportionaly).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow negative values for Stack elements distance

We should be able to set negative distance for Stack groups. Would allow to have elements partially hidden under another.

It's possible to do this with Repeat Grid - set negative distance between grid elements. Not sure why you didn't allow us to do the same with Stack.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Force a path into a shape so you can edit it like a shape.

It would be be nice if there was a right-click option like "force path to shape." Paths do not have the edit options that shapes do.

For example, when I take a rectangle and change the edges or add new corners, XD automatically changes this to a "path." I've done this both intentionally and accidentally.

If I want to change this shape back to a rectangle so that I can edit the border radius, I have to redraw and restyle that shape from scratch. It would be really cool if Xd could identify the closest shape and force into that…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG: When an image is placed in a rectangle with drop shadow, it can't be repositioned or resized

BUG: When an image is placed in a rectangle with drop shadow, it can't be repositioned or resized—when double-clicking it just jump directly into editing the shape, and no image is shown in the layers panel.
    (XD 42.1.22.4 x64 Mac OS)

Please fix this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the additional details. I was able to reproduce the issue and I have opened a bug to track this.

Meanwhile a possible workaround here will be to convert the shape to a path, and after that the resize/reposition should work.

Thanks,
    Corina

15. Choose any state to be component's default state.

I have built a component library for my teammates to use in their projects. Most components have multiple states for hover, action, etc. What I would like to add is another state that displays the components in a lo-fi style to make prototyping faster. I would like to have the lo-fi as the default state for all of the components since that would be more commonly used by the team, and then as the details are worked out they can switch the state to the actual components to put details in.

There's no way to create a state and then…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Migration of asset links to CC libraries leads to duplications and unnecessarily large libraries

We are using the Atomic Design approach and have built our files accordingly. There is an underlying pattern library with all the atoms. Then there is one file for each molecule, these files use the atoms. Finally, there are the files of the programs that plug atoms and molecules together. This file structure isn't entirely because of Atomic Design, but also because we are running into performance problems with our rather big files otherwise.
    With the old feature of linked assets that was never a problem, now we started to using the Library feature and are running into issues:
    I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto grid and horizontal grid

It will be great to create a grid that works verticaly and horizontaly, like a grid based on the golden number. It is really ennoying that we can have only vertical grid. And also it would be great to use a feature like "auto grid" plugin to create grid using the perfect pixel. Now it is really painfull to make great design base on a great grid. Thank you and sorry for my english ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stacks should be able to grow up and to the left

The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drop shadow spread

My request is two fold but both relate to shadows.

In brief

Include shadow properties that related fully to CSS
    Include the ability to save named shadow profiles for reuse

Details

Include a crucial forth property to drop shadows that is actually part of the CSS spec and will enable designers to more accurately communicate their specifications to developer – include SHADOW SPREAD.

Example declaration in CSS;

box-shadow: [x-offset] [y-offset] [blur] [spread]

Additionally, please include the ability to save drop shadow profiles so they can be updated easily and will be applied to all relevant designs. It is time consuming…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you only have a single request per ticket, so I’m going to repurpose this specific ticket for the drop shadow spread. Please do feel free to file your second idea as a new ticket. Thanks!

20. Component variants (parent-child, inheritance)

While Adobe XD Team has certainly done an amazing work toward design systems creation in the tool, it still lack a bit of power.

Actually, it's quite tedious to create, maintain and use a design system in XD. Especially when working with multiple variants of a component.

Let's say I need too work on an app design and I want create my buttons in my design system : primary, secondary, alert, w/icon, large, small...

With the current XD, I only have 2 solutions and both have are really time consuming to maintain :

1. I need to create a separate component…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base