Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow component instance overrides to be inherited by all states

Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

624 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-under-review  ·  139 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need a way to duplicate master component

It would be great to have a way to duplicate a master component - create a copy within assets panel. If I have a component that has several states and I need to make a dark mode version of that component, I would like to just duplicate that component and make my changes instead of having to recreate it from scratch as a master component.

194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make shortcut hotkeys for text align (left, center, right)

There should be keyboard hotkey shortcuts to quickly edit the text alignment.

SHIFT+ OPTION + L (Used to pull up my CC Library.. not as important.)
    SHIFT+ OPTION + R (Used to reload my plugins... not as important )
    SHIFT+ OPTION + C (NOT IN USE... maybe use this shortcut and have the 3 options cycle each time you hit it, left, center, right.)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color Agnostic Character Styles

I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create new master component from existing component

◆ Overview
    After releasing "State" feature, it's been able to prepare complex interactions like "hover." Following feature may help to reduce required time preparing a new component with similar behaviors/instructions.

◆ Actual
    New component with state settings every time when a similar behavior is expected in different look and feel.
    (Currently, preparing another XD file is believed to be the only solution to avoid this by selecting "Make it as local component" after loading it from another XD file.")

◆ Expected
    By select "Use it as a new Master Component" is to make a new Master component instead of copying…

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stacks should dynamically shift content in Preview

Create component - + New state (bigger than the default) - Merge the component with another one or another element into a stack -

Preview mode - click the component to change state and the stack doesn't respect padding .

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.

7. Allow fractional pixels / turn off pixel snapping

The current feature of switching on/off snapping by holding "Cmd" in Mac or "Ctrl" in Windows doesn't work properly. Additionally, we couldn't align shapes or objects with one another as there isn't feature to turn on/off the snap to pixel grid for the entire document.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that the Cmd/Ctrl keyboard shortcut you’ve mentioned below is actually used for turning off snapping to other objects and to the layout or square grid. I’ll merge this with another request.

8. On-canvas gradient control is missing for closed paths

I create an object with the Pen tool.
    Give it a gradient.
    When I try to edit the gradient, the gradient bar is not appearing within the object. It is impossible to relocate the trajectory of the gradient.

Other time I change the dimension of that object, the gradients trajectory gets distorted and when I try to change it, it flies around the screen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Component override lost when copying between files

Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scale all component states when scaling the instance

I have animated icons with auto animate and wish to use them in two sizes: Small size in the menu and big size in the features page.
    When I scale up or down the component it only scale that one specific state. We need it a way to scale all states so we can have a few less components. and a fast workflow.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rearrange Component States in Property Inspector

I'd love to be able to rearrange the component state order in the property inspector (the panel on the right in Design mode & Prototype mode). I would also love to be able to resize the section for component states. Currently it maxes out at 4 before you need to scroll.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stacks should be able to grow up and to the left

The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow 3D Transformations in States

Please allow to use different 3d Transformations between the States so you can use 3d Transform as a hover effect or something else.

Currently the 3D Transform Options adapt to all States when you change it on the component.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Relocating master components

Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Apply multiple paragraph styles within same text box

It would be helpful to apply multiple paragraph styles within the same text box. This is particularly helpful for long bodies of text such as visualising a blog page. Currently you have to split each header, sub head and body copy block into separate text boxes.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Component States in repeat grid

Let's say we want to add a Radio Group and use our Design System Radio Button Component for that. Currently it's not possible to set one of the components to the selected state.

As a workaround we can create the list with the repeat grid, then ungroup it and change the desired item. But that can't be how it's intended to work.

ps: I feel bad for lodging a Feature Request days after you released such a great feature. It sounds lI'm ike complaining instead of being thankful - thats not the case, the component states are awesome,d thank you…

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Scroll To" anchor inside Scroll Group

The feature to link buttons that scroll to anchors in artboards is great! I think the next step would be to allow us to "Scroll To" not only objects on the artboard but also objects inside scroll groups that overflow the artboard.

With this feature we could create internal navigation menus that allow the user to easily explore the content of an overflowing container by jumping from anchor to anchor.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Escape button consistency

When I type in a text box on the artboard and I hit escape it keeps the text I just changed and takes me out of editing mode with the cursor.

When I type in a layer to change the name of it and I hit escape it removes the changes I just made and take me out of editing mode with the cursor. To effectively keep the changes I must hit return on the keyboard.

If I hit return on the keyboard while editing a text box on the artboard I get what I would expect -- a carriage…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stacks: support both horizontal and vertical at the same time

Horizontal and Vertical options are nice, but in development there are many cases where you need to use both, especially for any items that wrap. I've included an idea to offer both options that will make stacks even better.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Link multiple flows together with annotations (scenes)

Freely move all selected elements + artboards within a work area inside the XD file work space.
    Maybe group them as "Scenes" of artboards with other elements like descriptions, step sequence, title ++ that is not part of any artboards. This way you can explain the prototype within the XD file while also making it clickable as a prototype through all the artboards that is part of this "Scene" and may transition into other "Scenes" within the same XD-file.

Attached screenshot is one working area containing several artboards within the same XD file. In the XD file there is also…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 64 65
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base