Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alias, Size, and Custom Tokens available in XD

It would be great to have the Alias, Size, and Custom Tokens available in XD for when I'm designing. Currently my color tokens only show the global versions, and I can't add additional swatches if they share a hex value. We don't want developers using global tokens if an alias or component token exists, so it would be great to have these available to me as I design.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add colors directly to asset panel

Colors. Why can't I add them straight up? I know all the colours i need to use? Why can't i just create them? Why do i need put something on an art board first? I am doing something wrong?

The asset management is strange. Figma does it better. Copy them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Renaming component's default state

Components can be very different from one another and the initial state can mean different contexts to the user.

Let us be able to rename the component's default state, so it can make more sense during the component building process.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change color on artboard

Today we are able to save a color than change it on all artboards.

I think it would be interesting to have a function similar to illustrator but only for one artboard or more (if selection is possible). If it is possible to select the change on background and/or border, that would be awesome too.

An example, I design a web site or an app and I want to create a dark template only for one artboard for demonstration. So I duplication my first artboard and change the color. With this functionality, we could gain time and be able to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keyboard shortcuts for changing component states.

With a component selected, a keyboard shortcut to cycle through its possible states would save a lot of mousing between artboards and the LHS panel. This is particularly true for screens with multiple components. If they could all be selected and reset to default and cycled through their states, this would be a helpful addition

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Variable / no padding on one of the sides

The padding tool is great, but for some cases, it would be great to have a possibility to leave it undefined. Example: I have a component that has a background and a text in it. I want to use it in a way that the background will take all the available space on the right of the text, regardless of the length of the text inside. Now I will not be able to do it otherwise than manually adjust the padding for each instance of this component.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pasting object into stack group should align it with the rest of the stack instead of its original location.

As an Adobe Xd user that uses many artboards & different stack groups, I would like for pasted items to align with the rest of the stack group when adding more objects instead of pasting in the exact same coordinates that it's pasted from.

See video attached for example:
    1. I copy an object that I want in a different stack (this can be any object on any artboard)
    2. I double-click into the stack group to paste the new object.
    3. Paste the object
    4. The resulting object is pasted at the exact coordinates that it was copied from…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sort components in assets panel alphabetically

It would be beneficial for us to sort the Components list by name (Alphabetically). Reason being, when we attach the Cloud doc to a new project file, components seem to be in a random order. If we could re-sort the list alphabetically on each file, it would make organization of large counts of components much easier.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add icon category in assets

Instead of creating components, Icons could have a separate category in assets. This could help organize the project and could be used to generate a separate zip file for download for the developers.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. copy appearance of a group and paste into another

Paste appearance now works for individual items. It would be time saving if I could copy the appearance of a group of objects and paste it into another one with the same objects and different appearance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Padding Auto

Would love the feature within "Padding" to add "auto" as a value. This would work well when designing tables that need to keep the same width, but may have different text widths.

The Padding auto side will automatically adjust to keep the item at its current width.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. open multiple libraries concurrently

Since our team is using multiple shared design libraries, it would be nice to be able to open more than one library when working on a document.

For instance, I'd like to be able to have both the brand library and the current document assets open at the same time.

Especially if one could be on a floating palette.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. quick access to local document assets in the new library panel

Asset panel had been always just one click (or shortcut) away. With XD 34, after a click, you need to see what's there, then navigate through the panel if document assets are not there. So there could be more cognitive load and extra steps for users.

Plus, it was possible to open both cc library (global assets) and asset panel (local assets) at the same time. Now you are forced to switch between local and remote assets when your task need both (or, graphics and components). Working with other design tools gets a little more fiddly because of this.

Finally,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Larger hit area on close button for Libraries pop up

It seems clickable area is set to the exact size of closing icon? Could you make it a bit bigger?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Replace all occurences of one component with another

I occasionally come up against a situation where I have created two components that I realize should have been a single component.

When this happens I must repeatedly highlight the redundant component on the canvas and manually replace the component.

It would be great to have a way of simply replacing all occurrences of the redundant component.

In an ideal world, this function would be a smart replace where object attributes from the replaced component instances were applied to an object in the new component instance where its name and type matched.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. make local should also make the component the main component

Having copied a component from a different document and made it local, I think it would be more logical if the component was also tagged as the main component instead of just an instance.

This was the behaviour that I naturally assumed was taking place when I first did this because whenever I create a component in other circumstances the selected object is the main component.

When you implement the duplicate component functionality I would also argue for the duplicate component to be tagged as a main component.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Reset to Main State" all the instances of one component present in the document in one click

Have the possibility to "Reset to Main State" all the instances of one component present in the document in one click.

I'm working on a file with 60+ artboards, with lots of components and subcomponents. Sometimes the instances of my components don't update automatically when I edit the main state, so I have to do it manually for each one of them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to completely remove fractional values

Give an option to enable & disable or remove decimal points in x,y & degrees & components.

Why don't we remove points as all users use only whole numbers (30px/30deg/30 x, 30y) and not (30.736px/30.37deg/30.48 x, 30.74y)

As far as I have worked with teams & users in the industry we only use whole numbers as decimals create issues with development and QA.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Define maximum/minimum element height/width when padding is on

When padding is on and you move some elements, the width/height of the grou changes. It's a problem when you want to for example have specific width of the element (i.e. background shoud be 1920px wide or button should be 48px in height, when you turn on padding and change font size your button is not 48px anymore).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bevel effect for shapes

In UI design, 3d elements become real trend and have the possibility that create obects with bevel propieties would be awesome. thanks.

sorry for my bad english...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base