Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When editting a Text in a component also edit on the rest of the States

When editting a Text in a component on Default State also edit on the rest of the States.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Retain angle and position of gradient in color asset

When I save a gradient fill under 'Colors' section in Asset panel, the angle & position is not getting saved. Every time when I use that gradient from asset panel it is coming from top to bottom direction irrespective of what I had set before. Please retain the gradient angle & position also as part of the asset.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable animated zoom on windows

Please allow us to disable animated zoom on windows. For adobe XD on mac, there isn't an animated zoom but when using the program on windows it smooths out the steps in between each zoom level. Photoshop allows you to turn off animated zoom as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scale tool (like figma has)

Adobe XD should get a scaling tool like Figma has where you can select this tool and then resize anything on the artboard and have it scale proportionally with the strokes and sizing of text elements inside. Right now I don't see any way to do this in XD (holding shift on a transform for all selected elements won't scale text as well). It would be great to have this because it's a big time saver when having to resize elements around the canvas and have everything stay proportionate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to zoom in on library components in the library panel

When viewing components in the library panel it is really hard sometimes to see the components. Can you implement the ability to zoom in on this panel to see more details of the components that you are looking at.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Resize on hover from center point instead of top-left corner

Can we have it that if hover state is bigger than default state, it will resize from center point.

I'm thinking of using cards components on my designs, and having them get bigger on hover. but to be honest with ya, having them resize from top-left corner on hover is weird AF.

I can't think of a scenario where resizing from top-left corner on hover is expected. but def. resizing from center point is the more used up case.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. برای خطاهای برنامه xd

ک ن
    مادر اند فادر
    فیفتی اوپسیتی فمیلی

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Auto height text resize should include line height

I love the new adjust line height trick. Thank you. Clicking the red target now resizes to fit the font. Awesome. Curious why we wouldn't want to consider line height in this adjustment?

If a developer needs to know the white space between H1 and an p style. The H1 line height is a declaration and affects the next selector.

Perhaps it's a shift click and it recognizes the font size and line height?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Randomly pasting

I believe basic pasting from other boards needs some work.
    Right now I'm trying to past a symbol from another document and I have a section selection, indicating I want the pasting to be done in that section but XD, instead, is pasting the symbol in a random white area of the board, which is useless since the symbol is also white and it feels like nothing got pasted.
    If an area is selected, then the pasting should occur inside that area, basically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add overrides as states

I often modify components when exploring possible design solutions. When satisfied I sometimes want that modification as a state for that component. But then I need to open the Main component, create a new state and redo the entire process which is frustrating, time consuming and prone to errors.

What if the overrides I've made to a component (also instances) could be directly added as a state from within the states panel?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update shared libraries using a logical, considered approach

The way in which shared libraries are updated begs a lot of questions.

If I click on the icon on top of the assets panel, why do I then get a popup asking me to update again? Surely a single click is enough as pointed out below.

The library updates with a single click if I use the momentary blue bar at the bottom of the document instead.

After I do this, updating the components within a document that uses this shared library is also ridiculous.
    First I get a a blue dot on the components icon to let me…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Image as a fill

Would be nice to have:

• an ability to add images as fills - without creating any masks, so the image would fill the shape container.

• ability to adjust image placement in a container (Fill, Fit, or Tile)

This functionality exists in Sketch and Figma, and I really miss it in XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve text positioning after alignment change

In my Sketch days, I could start editing some text, then change the text alignment (left, right, centre) and the text would shift within the bounds of the pre-edited bounding box, thereby staying properly aligned to other elements on the artboard.

I found this little feature really useful as often I don't notice a text element has the wrong alignment till I start editing it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Libraries increase the design file size

When I use a library file its MBs get added to every of the design files I use. And if I nest a library in another one e.g. I have some patterns that combine multiple component libraries, the pattern library becomes huge, slow, and impractical to use. Why is it that libraries have to be "copied" and their size added to that of the design file. There must be a more optimal way to handle libraries.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out. Since you asked, libraries are sync’d into your document in order to enable you to work while disconnected. That being said, we’re looking at alternate ways of sync’ing linked assets, so I’ll keep this open.

15. Fix Padding tool

The new padding tool is great EXCEPT that it is behaving like a margin tool - not a padding tool.

As it is currently, when resizing a group of objects, altering the padding (free or uniform) expands/contracts the parent container, when the parent container should maintain it's size and the objects inside the parent container should move within the parent.

Expanding/contracting the size of the external container - is how you increase/decrease margins.

I suspect that at least one of your developers probably mentioned this somewhere along the way because this is web development 101...

Seriously, though - please fix…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Repeat grid + components should work same as text

Now you have to choose you want speed or interaction! Make repeat grid with components work same way like with text. Now if you want to make long list of text + interaction (hover) you have go one by one in to component and change text in DEFAULT state + HOVER state!!! So if you have 10 components you changing text 20 times! With repeat grid feature to update all components from text file in both states would be AWESOME and it save everyone so MUCH TIME! PLEASE MAKE IT!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show Hidden Characters

Hidden characters and paragraph options are essential to my design work and they save up a lot of time. I know this comes from the print design approach but I still feels it's valuable to have more control on paragraphs rather than putting everything into a different box of copy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto-animate, regardless if the group is within another group on the other artboard.

So many times when I design, I just want to put things in new, overarching groups. Yet, this always breaks the auto-animation of any group within that new group. Very frustrating as it breaks the "feel" of my design constantly.

I really want components to keep their inter-artboard animations, regardless if they reside in new overarching groups. Hope this is possible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding elements to an existing component

If I want to add an element to an existing component, I always have to resolve the component first, add the element and create a new component. It would be nice if it was possible to add more elements to an existing component

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base