Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New and updated screens should show first in grid view

Please make the new screens and updated screens appear in the top of the (shared link) grid. Please make it default behavior or let us choose this behavior.

The recently introduced grid view in shared links is nice but there is a problem. People I work with are not able to find the updated screens. Before I used to place new and updated screens in the top of the XD document so they could be easily found. Now as they can't see the "document view" anymore, they've lost all the visual cues and they are forced to do a time-consuming…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unite assets.adobe.com/links and xd.adobe.com/view/xyz

My prototype-links where published at d.adobe.com/view/xyz. To have an overview over my past prototypes and delete them (or give new authorizations to specific persons etc.!) I have to go to assets.adobe.com/links. Why? To give assets.adobe.com/links more features in the future (generate folders etc.) it could be smart to unite these both sites?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prototype and Spec link author information

Can we please consider adding in the original author of the XD file (who uploaded the prototype or the design specs)?

My design team is sharing multiple links to eng and the team for review and it's hard to know who did what if people need to follow up or have questions. Commenting is awesome but knowing who the author is is crucial.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Last updated information in share popup

I'd like to see extra info displayed on the Share panel. Things like when you made a new link and the likes. I constantly get asked if I've shared a link or updated a prototype and then I can't remember. Info like this will help me.

One other thing that would be nice is an indication when an update has been pushed successfully. Currently, when the update has been pushed there is no feedback visually or auditory to indicate such an action. Imagine a chime along the lines of After Effects when a render is done. The panel closed sometimes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Preload all artboards when reviewing a published prototype

When publishing a project with many artboards (300-500+), it often takes a lot of time to load the artboard when reviewing the link. If the artboards contain heavy visual design then the loading speed is slow event for projects with fewer artboards.

As a result there is a lot of disruption in the review meetings. And the management/client often does not have the time to sit through the delay caused by the artboard loading.

It would be great if we have a way to preload all the prototype artboards after accessing its published link in the background. This will enable…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audio cue when prototype finished updating

Play a little audio cue when the prototype has finsihed updating. Of course it would be nice if one were to disable that

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Full screen mode in Preview & links

I created an artboard of 1920 width. but when i preview it shows a black background. Same goes for when I share it in web. But instead there is white background.
    It will be great to eliminate the background. Because it is impacting design decisions. also clients dont understand the concept & ask for recreation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deep link to overlay in shared prototype

Web review URLs for active overlays. For example, you have a screen with an overlay of an dialog box and wanted to link directly to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Jump to artboard by number in shared prototype

after generating a link for the client to see, sometimes there are 100 screens in the link. the client wants to discuss a specific screen which could be no. 56. It takes a lot of time to navigate to that screen. Pressing the right arrow 56 times!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m keeping this one open, but a quick way for your client to share exactly what screen they want to talk about is to send you the URL they have in their browser when they’re looking at the prototype. Because we have deep linking, the URL will bring you right to that artboard.

10. Bypass cloud prototype link password when linking from the source file

Password protected prototype shares are great, but is it fair to assume that the owner of the source file can get straight in when they open it from the source file in XD - I think so, given that they can change the password. It's a little annoying having to input it every time. Likewise from notifications in the desktop app - but clearly that is a little different as you're not in the source file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. favicon

Displaying the icon in browsers and launcher icons (iOS, Android) improves the experience with the user tests and the open a lot of opurtunities to experiment as a designer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable prototype embedded in iframe to still support commenting

Please allow the embed option which products an iFrame to have the ability to allow comments in the same way that the direct link has.

This should also ideally allow a simple way to get to the comments section from the prototype, such as when the cursor reaches the far right edge of the page, the comments will slide in from the right, for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. User-rights management in online prototype (permissions)

Users should have different statuses like admin, able to leave comments, just watch, disallow access to specific areas of the prototype.

• sometimes users have to be able to look over an prototype but not to comment

• some users might watch specific parts of a prototype but shell not see others

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to show elements "floating center" or "floating bottom"

We are testing XD as a replacement for visually spec'ing on the web. It would be great if we could specify screen positions for elements that either are floating center vertically within a column, floating 30% above the bottom of a column, 30px from the bottom of a column, etc. Essentially, it would be helpful to be able to communicate position as a container percentage, as well as a way to communicate that this element's positioning is relative to the top, middle, or bottom of an element.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We currently don’t reference to center and bottom, but we do use a fixed viewport. This means that your object can be 30px off the bottom of the viewport and will stay there if the fixed element selection is turned on. Similarly, if you position your object at the center of your viewport, it’ll stay there if the position is set. While the way you think of it is different than your developer, it should at least look the same.

15. Associate comments with versions of the prototype

At the moment I realise a prototype, everyone comments on it and if I update the prototype the comments are lost.

I think it would be really cool if comments were maintained if i republish a prototype.
    Maybe the comments could be labelled with a page release version number or date so i can hid them - but I don't want to lose the comments, i want the person who left the comment to be able to marked the problem they highlighted as solved.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notifications on comments to appear on online prototypes

Currently when someone comments on a online prototype i get a notification through my create cloud. When i click on it it opens in a new window. But if a get multiple notifications I have to open up a new window, or search the screens for the comment.

Could we include a notifications dropdown in the online prototype to show new notifications. This would make the online prototypes friendlier to use, more efficient (especially when collaborating).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to update OpenGraph data (link preview) to shared prototypes

The default link text that appears when I share a prototype doesn't look very professional, nor is it very useful for people who see multiple of these in a day.

My suggestion is that you give us a place to put "About" data for the file, and that this is used as the OpenGraph text for link previewing in applications like Slack, Skype, etc.

I'm attaching a photo of what my current link share looks like, and what I propose could happen with some sort of "Info" text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Larger non-fullscreen view

When I run a user test, I like to use the generated link. During a user test, it is often useful to use the little home button at the bottom of the page. In fullscreen view, this button is unavailable. When not in fullscreen view, the artboard is represented quite small compared tt the browser window, making features less distinct. Could you either:

1. Add the home button to the fullscreen view or

2. Make the area for displaying the artboard in the non-fullscreen view, larger

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export "Share Online" Markups as Annotated PDF

The agency I work for is very particular about archiving internal and external markups. It would be great to have an option to export the "Share Online" markups into an annotated PDF for archiving.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add frame line on fullscreen view showing the limits of the screen when previewing a prototype locally

When sharing a design with multiple sizes and a black background it becomes impossible to see the edges of the screen. Adding a 1px #555 line would be enough to improve the preview experience by allowing the user to see the edges of say a small mobile screen on fullscreen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base