Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
You can reach our support team for bugs in the following locations:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reorder web comments

Have pins display in ascending order

Description: Display the order of pins in ascending order so the oldest pin is at the top and the latest pin at the bottom.

When looking at a page, you scroll down. It would just make sense to have the pins go in the same direction. Maybe give us the ability to toggle between ascending and descending.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Presenter Mode

I have had a need to present a design and be in control. Our client can't use software for screen sharing and being able to show them a prototype and direct the exploration would be extremely beneficial. I remember seeing a feature like this somewhere but I am not remembering where.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unique id number per screen

Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assign each person a color when giving feedback

When having multiple people give feedback on a prototype it would be helpful if they're comments and pins were color-coded by person. Different people have different specialties and usually have a theme to their feedback so it would be nice if it to be easy to filter each person's feedback visually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. File Preview and Prototype directly in Creative Cloud Web Interface

Currently the View of a XD file in the Webinterface inside Creative Cloud is pretty bare.

It would be great, to add a rich preview of the file like the on Photoshop or Illustrator Files. This could be split up into different sections like full file Preview, the Prototype view and a view for Developers to extract measures and assets.

This way you automatically get access control to the prototype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Highlight pin on shared prototype when clicking on the comment

ピン留めしたコメントをクリックすると、ピン留めした位置に移動してほしい

ピン留めしたコメントがどこに該当するかすぐ確認できるように、コメントのピンナンバーあたりのクリックでピンされている位置にスクロールしてほしい。
    その他、ピンのカラーバリエーションもあったら良さそう。

Translation:
    Please scroll to the pinned position by clicking on the pin number of the comment so that you can confirm immediately where the pinned comment corresponds.
    Otherwise, it seems to be okay if there is color variation of the pin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already see the comment highlighted when you hover over the pin, but I am leaving this one open to cover the situation where you’d like to click on the comment and have the pin highlighted.

ピンの上にカーソルを置いたときにコメントがハイライト表示されていることはすでに確認できますが、コメントをクリックしてピンをハイライト表示する状況をカバーするためにこのピンを開いたままにしておきます。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

-Elaine

7. Mirroring in browser

It is helpfull to preview prototype in real time in browser. In Exactly the same option works very well in Sketch, where you are able to see real time prototype changes not only in mobile app but you are able to share in web your stream.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show onboarding for shared prototype view

There's a recurring issues we have with our prototypes, that not everyone is aware that it is possible to click within the prototypes. Hotspots are not enough, since some people don't even click on the page if they don't know that they can click anywhere.

It would make sense to have some sort of "onboarding" wizard that guides users of a prototype. This does not mean a guide such as "click here, now click here, click here, etc." but rather some quick hints that simply make it clear to the user that this is actually a clickable prototype and they…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keep comments as you update link to prototype

I wish you could keep comments as you update the link to a prototype. I don't believe that's possible now. It's good to be able to look back at what others have said in the past. Perhaps even being able to see the version history of a prototype that has gone through multiple rounds of feedback.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Prototype Link selection from all owned assets

I created a prototype link from a file that was later deleted. The link was shared with a client, and I have been asked to update the link. Because the file no longer exists, I cannot update the link. It would be nice to be able choose an already existing link in my assets when I'm working from a new file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Screens overview on the web

I’d love to have a sort of an overview of all screens (artboards) the same way as in Design mode to show all screens at a glance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    When you share your designs as a Prototype or Design Specs link from XD, you can open it in a web browser and look at the experience you have built.
    You can also click on the Grid icon present in the top left corner to access what we call the Grid view. This would display thumbnails of all the screens in your design along with connected screens information.

Check out this link for more details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UBc5sSufI

Let us know if this is what you are looking for?

Thanks!
    Arun

12. Share entire folder for co-editing (for better file organisation)

When you share a file for co-editing with others, then it appears in their "Shared with you" section which is a simple list. It is difficult to navigate through this list if you have 40-50 files shared with you. There is also no option to sort the list by Name.

It would be great if a folder itself can be shared in such a way that all the XD files in it are available for co-editing. In this way the "Shared with you" section will have folders. This will help everyone in the team know where the file are locate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show Presence in Web Links

Similar to Dropbox Paper or Google Docs, I'd love to see who or how many people are viewing my prototype in the web browser. Could especially be helpful when presenting/pitching or when having dev. hand off calls to see who's tuned in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Revert to previous 'Share' UI

The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Expand the comment input field

It would be great if the input field could expand if you are adding a long comment, as right now it can be very hard to edit the box when it is over a certain length.

It would also be great to add a bit more of a margin between the input field and the @ button as I am forever hitting the @ button by accident.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ensure Design Specs and Prototypes look significantly different

Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Share for Review Links: Set All Screen Comments off by default

I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unresolve comments if there are new replies

Name it not "close", but "resolved" (a checkbox with checkmark/or no checkmark („resolved“/„unresolved“). AND it automatically will marked as „unresolved“ if the reviewer adds an new answer.
    The pin should be convert from number to checkmark if the comment is marked as resolved.

With this I can use the comments as a list of tasks which I can work off step by step.
    If I finish a task I mark is at resolved. The reviewer get an E-Mail (at the end of day all resolved tasks collected to one E-Mail) and he can now review this and do an answer…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Artboard numbers in grid view

Need to type page number and go to it. now just next & back.

In show all pages, should show page number .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New and updated screens should show first in grid view

Please make the new screens and updated screens appear in the top of the (shared link) grid. Please make it default behavior or let us choose this behavior.

The recently introduced grid view in shared links is nice but there is a problem. People I work with are not able to find the updated screens. Before I used to place new and updated screens in the top of the XD document so they could be easily found. Now as they can't see the "document view" anymore, they've lost all the visual cues and they are forced to do a time-consuming…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base