Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add annotations for custom code to export, shown in published Specs view

It would be nice to have an area that you could have exportable code like html and css. Also allowing you to add in any related custom code for a particular element that you click on in the dev spec.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove a user from all shared prototypes and design specs

When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share for Review Links: Set All Screen Comments off by default

I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eye tracking

a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Public URL for linking assets from Cloud Documents

Provide ability to make XD files available publicly via cloud documents as a URL link (only those who have URL link can access the cloud document). This makes it easy to share UI kits with users who are not part of the organization. Users can then link assets from this URL link and keep synced with changes to the kits.

Currently, we have to share XD files directly with the user and the user needs to upload the XD files to their cloud documents to link assets from the XD file. Any changes to the XD file would require re-uploading…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More comprehensive link management system

Hello,

It would be great to have a list containing all the XD URLs created by my own account.

The reasons why:
    - as it stands now, anytime I'm searching for a URL, I have to open again the XD file, even if I'm just searching for the URL and I'm not going to work on XD.
    - sometimes we share more than a URL with a client. By having a list, we would have under control the amount of URLs created for every client.
    - since the only way to get the URL is open the app, my colleagues…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. increase the number of active shared prototypes and design specs for free users

I understand why the limit exists and I'm ok with the presence of a limit in the active shared prototypes and design specs.
    Given that nowadays almost every develop platforms have quite large free tiers (Azure DevOps, GitHub, TeamCity, AWS, GitLab, and others), the limit of one active project don't fit very well with the free tiers of those dev tools.

I think that a bigger limit could be really really appreciated from hobbyists, freelances and small startup (which are the users of those free tiers) who can do the upgrade to a paid plan when their business permit it. …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reorder web comments

Have pins display in ascending order

Description: Display the order of pins in ascending order so the oldest pin is at the top and the latest pin at the bottom.

When looking at a page, you scroll down. It would just make sense to have the pins go in the same direction. Maybe give us the ability to toggle between ascending and descending.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unique id number per screen

Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Assign each person a color when giving feedback

When having multiple people give feedback on a prototype it would be helpful if they're comments and pins were color-coded by person. Different people have different specialties and usually have a theme to their feedback so it would be nice if it to be easy to filter each person's feedback visually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notifications on comments to appear on online prototypes

Currently when someone comments on a online prototype i get a notification through my create cloud. When i click on it it opens in a new window. But if a get multiple notifications I have to open up a new window, or search the screens for the comment.

Could we include a notifications dropdown in the online prototype to show new notifications. This would make the online prototypes friendlier to use, more efficient (especially when collaborating).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. File Preview and Prototype directly in Creative Cloud Web Interface

Currently the View of a XD file in the Webinterface inside Creative Cloud is pretty bare.

It would be great, to add a rich preview of the file like the on Photoshop or Illustrator Files. This could be split up into different sections like full file Preview, the Prototype view and a view for Developers to extract measures and assets.

This way you automatically get access control to the prototype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Highlight pin on shared prototype when clicking on the comment

ピン留めしたコメントをクリックすると、ピン留めした位置に移動してほしい

ピン留めしたコメントがどこに該当するかすぐ確認できるように、コメントのピンナンバーあたりのクリックでピンされている位置にスクロールしてほしい。
    その他、ピンのカラーバリエーションもあったら良さそう。

Translation:
    Please scroll to the pinned position by clicking on the pin number of the comment so that you can confirm immediately where the pinned comment corresponds.
    Otherwise, it seems to be okay if there is color variation of the pin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already see the comment highlighted when you hover over the pin, but I am leaving this one open to cover the situation where you’d like to click on the comment and have the pin highlighted.

ピンの上にカーソルを置いたときにコメントがハイライト表示されていることはすでに確認できますが、コメントをクリックしてピンをハイライト表示する状況をカバーするためにこのピンを開いたままにしておきます。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

-Elaine

14. Mirroring in browser

It is helpfull to preview prototype in real time in browser. In Exactly the same option works very well in Sketch, where you are able to see real time prototype changes not only in mobile app but you are able to share in web your stream.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show onboarding for shared prototype view

There's a recurring issues we have with our prototypes, that not everyone is aware that it is possible to click within the prototypes. Hotspots are not enough, since some people don't even click on the page if they don't know that they can click anywhere.

It would make sense to have some sort of "onboarding" wizard that guides users of a prototype. This does not mean a guide such as "click here, now click here, click here, etc." but rather some quick hints that simply make it clear to the user that this is actually a clickable prototype and they…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share multiple prototypes with single URL

Ability to share a single URL that shows multiple prototypes. Currently, you can only share an individual link per prototype.

Case Study:
    Agency creates 20 prototypes to share with various users (designers, clients, etc.) Instead of sharing a unique link per prototype, it would be better to share a single link that has a preview of each for reviewers to browse and test.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Correction numbers are changing when resolved

When putting a comment to the state of 'resolved' the numbers on the file are changing. This can be very disturbing, when a collegue refers to a number.. Because that number has been changed.

It would be very nice, if the resolved items just greyed out or something but could still be visible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scrolling bar on the prototype XD links feedback

One of our clients cannot for some reason scroll on their screen. Without a middle mouse button or a scroll wheel, there is no other way to scroll on the links that are shared on the page.

Maybe add a function where users can scroll vertically on the shared adobe XD link with the up and down arrow keys? Or have the default scroll bars appear on the side normally on most browsers.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reposition the cookie banner on shared links

When a client views links that I send them, they often assume there's just 1 page of artwork because they can't see any navigation controls at the bottom.

The controls are hidden by the cookie acceptance banner. So I think it would be worth repositioning that banner so it doesn't overlap any important elements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Prioritize comments on prototypes

I want to prioritize my and others' feedback. It is easy to fix based on priority. Currently, they are numbered in the pinning order, but apart from that, I would like to have the ability to prioritize fixes. I really like the feedback feature, so I hope it will be easier to use in the future.

自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたい
    自分および他人のフィードバックに優先順位を付けたいです。優先順位に基づいて修正しやすいためです。現在は、ピン留め順に番号がふられていますが、それとは別に修正の優先順位をつける機能が欲しいです。フィードバック機能はとても気に入ってるので、今後より使いやすくなるの期待しています。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base