Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show onboarding for shared prototype view

There's a recurring issues we have with our prototypes, that not everyone is aware that it is possible to click within the prototypes. Hotspots are not enough, since some people don't even click on the page if they don't know that they can click anywhere.

It would make sense to have some sort of "onboarding" wizard that guides users of a prototype. This does not mean a guide such as "click here, now click here, click here, etc." but rather some quick hints that simply make it clear to the user that this is actually a clickable prototype and they…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Control order of shared artboards, using numbers in artboard names

I would like to control which order my artboards are displayed when sharing. One way to do this would be to name my artboards "10", "20", "30", etc, and the ascending numbers will determine the order in which they're shared.

The way it currently works is that the order is determined by placement on the canvas, from top left to bottom right.

This doesn't work well, especially if you're designing Wireframe flows where related screens are sitting one on top of the other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Dashboard for Shared Project Links

I share a lot of links out to various stakeholders and PO's (providing comments), and developers (using the inspect features). With a big product, I break out my shared links and projects based on features so there are not hundreds of screens to sift through. Right now we have to manually keep track of which shared link is what. It would be nice if there was a project dashboard that would show all the shared links.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show Presence in Web Links

Similar to Dropbox Paper or Google Docs, I'd love to see who or how many people are viewing my prototype in the web browser. Could especially be helpful when presenting/pitching or when having dev. hand off calls to see who's tuned in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enterprise wide sharing

A way to set a link (prototype and/or design specs) as "share within my organization", so anyone with the link and with an email within my enterprise domain can access the link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to copy tag html to developers

When I create my prototype and share, enter the link.
    I can in each element and can display properties.

1 example is CSS properties or Fonts styles.

We are working with Adobe Xd in company software and designers do the link for developers. send to developers and see the properties.

Developers want 1 property. to see the tag HTML to work on the Web. example:

When we click the font "Title" and stay in Bold we can see the tag HTML: <strong> </strong> or B.

Developers and designers UX really need this to help work better.

Another optión is the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dark background in shared prototype

When sharing on the web, if we have artboards with white backgrounds, there is no visual separation between artboard and background. I suggest making the option for making the background dark, or implementind device frames.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Revert to previous 'Share' UI

The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ensure Design Specs and Prototypes look significantly different

Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Eye tracking

a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unresolve comments if there are new replies

Name it not "close", but "resolved" (a checkbox with checkmark/or no checkmark („resolved“/„unresolved“). AND it automatically will marked as „unresolved“ if the reviewer adds an new answer.
    The pin should be convert from number to checkmark if the comment is marked as resolved.

With this I can use the comments as a list of tasks which I can work off step by step.
    If I finish a task I mark is at resolved. The reviewer get an E-Mail (at the end of day all resolved tasks collected to one E-Mail) and he can now review this and do an answer…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 'Flow view' in shared web prototype

Please add the flow view also in the 'Share for review' link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Artboard numbers in grid view

Need to type page number and go to it. now just next & back.

In show all pages, should show page number .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New and updated screens should show first in grid view

Please make the new screens and updated screens appear in the top of the (shared link) grid. Please make it default behavior or let us choose this behavior.

The recently introduced grid view in shared links is nice but there is a problem. People I work with are not able to find the updated screens. Before I used to place new and updated screens in the top of the XD document so they could be easily found. Now as they can't see the "document view" anymore, they've lost all the visual cues and they are forced to do a time-consuming…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Public URL for linking assets from Cloud Documents

Provide ability to make XD files available publicly via cloud documents as a URL link (only those who have URL link can access the cloud document). This makes it easy to share UI kits with users who are not part of the organization. Users can then link assets from this URL link and keep synced with changes to the kits.

Currently, we have to share XD files directly with the user and the user needs to upload the XD files to their cloud documents to link assets from the XD file. Any changes to the XD file would require re-uploading…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prototype and Spec link author information

Can we please consider adding in the original author of the XD file (who uploaded the prototype or the design specs)?

My design team is sharing multiple links to eng and the team for review and it's hard to know who did what if people need to follow up or have questions. Commenting is awesome but knowing who the author is is crucial.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Last updated information in share popup

I'd like to see extra info displayed on the Share panel. Things like when you made a new link and the likes. I constantly get asked if I've shared a link or updated a prototype and then I can't remember. Info like this will help me.

One other thing that would be nice is an indication when an update has been pushed successfully. Currently, when the update has been pushed there is no feedback visually or auditory to indicate such an action. Imagine a chime along the lines of After Effects when a render is done. The panel closed sometimes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Preload all artboards when reviewing a published prototype

When publishing a project with many artboards (300-500+), it often takes a lot of time to load the artboard when reviewing the link. If the artboards contain heavy visual design then the loading speed is slow event for projects with fewer artboards.

As a result there is a lot of disruption in the review meetings. And the management/client often does not have the time to sit through the delay caused by the artboard loading.

It would be great if we have a way to preload all the prototype artboards after accessing its published link in the background. This will enable…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Full screen mode in Preview & links

I created an artboard of 1920 width. but when i preview it shows a black background. Same goes for when I share it in web. But instead there is white background.
    It will be great to eliminate the background. Because it is impacting design decisions. also clients dont understand the concept & ask for recreation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Deep link to overlay in shared prototype

Web review URLs for active overlays. For example, you have a screen with an overlay of an dialog box and wanted to link directly to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base