Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Smooth Animations for Shared Prototypes

The animation of prototype that is smooth while open in XD is extremely choppy and not reflecting the work. This drastically impacts the sharing and commenting for design review or even showcasing.

The prototypes shared need to reflect the same level of quality as what is built and reviewed on someones desktop. At the very least, if there is a quality issue on the shared version, it should be surfaced up to the user in some way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Prototype Link selection from all owned assets

I created a prototype link from a file that was later deleted. The link was shared with a client, and I have been asked to update the link. Because the file no longer exists, I cannot update the link. It would be nice to be able choose an already existing link in my assets when I'm working from a new file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If I create a link for one of the process and then have to create a link of sharing for the other flow then the previous link disappears.

If I create a link for one of the process and then have to create a link of sharing for the other flow then the previous link disappears. The new link not created but it gets updated. Hence all the comments on the previous link/ flow are lost!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can actually update the previous link by selecting it from the drop-down in Share Mode, and then updating that link. Alternatively, you can update a link with any subset of your document you want to, but any artboards that are not in that flow would have their comments lost. Can you explain what you’re looking for that is outside of this workflow?

4. Resolve button that only appears on hover causes accidental clicks

It has happened before that I was just trying to click on a comment to jump to its associated page and accidentally hit the Resolve button because it only appears on hover. That area is prime clicking space because it appears empty. To subtly slip in a button right before you click down seems pretty dangerous. Especially for an action that does not have any easy to find way to undo itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Screens overview on the web

I’d love to have a sort of an overview of all screens (artboards) the same way as in Design mode to show all screens at a glance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    When you share your designs as a Prototype or Design Specs link from XD, you can open it in a web browser and look at the experience you have built.
    You can also click on the Grid icon present in the top left corner to access what we call the Grid view. This would display thumbnails of all the screens in your design along with connected screens information.

Check out this link for more details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UBc5sSufI

Let us know if this is what you are looking for?

Thanks!
    Arun

6. Preview XD artboards in Dropbox

I'd like to be able to preview all of my XD artboards while in Dropbox. Currently it only shows the first screen on a file with 50 artboards. I'd like to be able to arrow through the artboards before downloading the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share Link with password parameter as a paramter like `https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12` for jira integration.

Share Link with password parameter as a paramter like <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12">https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12</a> for jira integration.

When share link is protected by password. All jira integration is showing message like 'This link is protected by password.' Password Protection is cool feature but, not kindly with integration

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Textfield editable on XD Design-Review

It would be really useful, if reviewers could klick on a textfield and add the Text they want on the textfield.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share entire folder for co-editing (for better file organisation)

When you share a file for co-editing with others, then it appears in their "Shared with you" section which is a simple list. It is difficult to navigate through this list if you have 40-50 files shared with you. There is also no option to sort the list by Name.

It would be great if a folder itself can be shared in such a way that all the XD files in it are available for co-editing. In this way the "Shared with you" section will have folders. This will help everyone in the team know where the file are locate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Share UI should be “usability testing” not “user testing”

The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Download artboard from web prototype

Save full artboard in sharing mode.

An option to save the full layout as a PNG or JPG.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show the design scale of a design

It could be great to have an overview of the design scale inside the design review or developer review when we work across team. Some device are not on Retina Display and developers don't know if the scale is great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Setting to Control Comments/Pins Visibility On First Load

Please add a setting to control whether or not the comments/pins are showing on first load of the page. I would like my clients to be able to see the design and get an accurate first impression, without seeing the pins cluttering it. I would rather give them a real first impression than have their first action be to hit the comments button to hide the pins. I'm asking for a setting to control it because I see that others have found value in having the comments show by default. I chatted with a member of your support team and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support native anchors

When shared on the web, links do not support browser features like:
    - Open in new tab
    - Mousewheel click to open in new tab
    - Copy link address
    - etc

Links in general should support browser features you would expect to work on links.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Expand "Show Hot Spots" to indicate any Keys & Gamepad triggers

When I share a link of a prototype and have the option "Show Hotspot Hints" enabled, it shows clickable areas. It would be great if there could also be an option to display information on available Key & Gamepad triggers.

Building out a prototype that is interactive currently has it's short comings but it's great to see Adobe listening to XD users and expanding the prototyping capabilities. Because there currently isn't a way to show On-Hover type of interactions, I have to fake it by creating a keyboard trigger that I press at the same moment I move my mouse…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Link available for sharing while updating or creating new link

It takes a long time to either create a new link for development or update an existing link, and I find myself waiting around often. I also often click "update" without copying the link first, then it's unavailable while the link is being updated, and I have to wait. I'd love to be able to share the link before it's updated since developers will only access well after it's finished updating/creating anyway. Three suggestions:

1. When updating an existing link, let the existing link be available to copy, since the URL won't change.

2. Or, have a "cancel" button so I can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Confusing Copy interface

Sharing mode: Share for review

I still find the interaction with the comments confusing. Specifically resolving and responding.
    As you can see, those words are very similar in french which had cause me to click the wrong button (resolve instead of respond) more than twice.

This action (unfortunately) cannot be undone with Ctrl Z.
    :'(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable crisp PNGs over 5000px of height

If PNG is imported and over ca. 5000px of height it's not in highres anymore (in webview) but gets blurred by adobe XD: not showable, not usable and adobe seems to be not interested in that problem or would not fix it at all (perhaps even this is not a bug and just a way to keep other design-exports from sketch & co. out of XD?)

for now the only way to keep using the prototyping web-view is to slice our pngs in smaller peives and play puzzle in xd... WOOOW!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatically place mobile header when previewing mobile artboards

When viewing a mobile device prototype through a browser, it should already display information such as battery, time, Wi-Fi, or information on that particular mobile device model that the person has determined. This information is currently entered manually and ends up topping up a time of work that could be used for other things. I believe this would make it easier for the customer to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audio cue when prototype finished updating

Play a little audio cue when the prototype has finsihed updating. Of course it would be nice if one were to disable that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base