Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expand "Show Hot Spots" to indicate any Keys & Gamepad triggers

When I share a link of a prototype and have the option "Show Hotspot Hints" enabled, it shows clickable areas. It would be great if there could also be an option to display information on available Key & Gamepad triggers.

Building out a prototype that is interactive currently has it's short comings but it's great to see Adobe listening to XD users and expanding the prototyping capabilities. Because there currently isn't a way to show On-Hover type of interactions, I have to fake it by creating a keyboard trigger that I press at the same moment I move my mouse…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link available for sharing while updating or creating new link

It takes a long time to either create a new link for development or update an existing link, and I find myself waiting around often. I also often click "update" without copying the link first, then it's unavailable while the link is being updated, and I have to wait. I'd love to be able to share the link before it's updated since developers will only access well after it's finished updating/creating anyway. Three suggestions:

1. When updating an existing link, let the existing link be available to copy, since the URL won't change.

2. Or, have a "cancel" button so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Confusing Copy interface

Sharing mode: Share for review

I still find the interaction with the comments confusing. Specifically resolving and responding.
    As you can see, those words are very similar in french which had cause me to click the wrong button (resolve instead of respond) more than twice.

This action (unfortunately) cannot be undone with Ctrl Z.
    :'(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A way to pause animations in feedback view

Currently, if you have an animation happening across two artboards that just cycling between each other, it makes it difficult for a reviewer to leave comments. The only way to pause an animation is to click into the area where you can leave a comment. If there are already comments on that slide it can be a carnival game trying to click into that area. See attached gif. It would be nice to have a way for them to pause during review stages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable crisp PNGs over 5000px of height

If PNG is imported and over ca. 5000px of height it's not in highres anymore (in webview) but gets blurred by adobe XD: not showable, not usable and adobe seems to be not interested in that problem or would not fix it at all (perhaps even this is not a bug and just a way to keep other design-exports from sketch & co. out of XD?)

for now the only way to keep using the prototyping web-view is to slice our pngs in smaller peives and play puzzle in xd... WOOOW!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unite assets.adobe.com/links and xd.adobe.com/view/xyz

My prototype-links where published at d.adobe.com/view/xyz. To have an overview over my past prototypes and delete them (or give new authorizations to specific persons etc.!) I have to go to assets.adobe.com/links. Why? To give assets.adobe.com/links more features in the future (generate folders etc.) it could be smart to unite these both sites?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically place mobile header when previewing mobile artboards

When viewing a mobile device prototype through a browser, it should already display information such as battery, time, Wi-Fi, or information on that particular mobile device model that the person has determined. This information is currently entered manually and ends up topping up a time of work that could be used for other things. I believe this would make it easier for the customer to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Audio cue when prototype finished updating

Play a little audio cue when the prototype has finsihed updating. Of course it would be nice if one were to disable that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. single artboard online link (in the right click context menu)

Allow quickly getting the link of a particular artboard so I don't need to find the exact link in the browser since I have lots of artboards in my big projects and would like not to spend 5 minutes everytime I make a new update of the project.

I often want to guide the client to a specific area of a project and a Copy Link button would be more than welcome. (in the right click context menu)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Invite option for public prototypes

With private protoypes I can invite people by email address, so that I can then mention them in the comments using the @ symbol, even if they havent commented before.

I would like to have the same functionality for public prototypes, where this is currently not possible and I have to wait until they leave a comment on their own, in order to get their attention using mentions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. increase the number of active shared prototypes and design specs for free users

I understand why the limit exists and I'm ok with the presence of a limit in the active shared prototypes and design specs.
    Given that nowadays almost every develop platforms have quite large free tiers (Azure DevOps, GitHub, TeamCity, AWS, GitLab, and others), the limit of one active project don't fit very well with the free tiers of those dev tools.

I think that a bigger limit could be really really appreciated from hobbyists, freelances and small startup (which are the users of those free tiers) who can do the upgrade to a paid plan when their business permit it. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove or Bypass Password Requirements when Sharing for Review

When sharing a link for review with a client, often there's not much need for a high security password, but it's still good practice to include a password, especially for client confidence. It would be helpful to be able to create a password that didn't require numbers & upper and lower case letters. Disabling the "high security" password requirement could be an opt-in option so the default would still be secure. This would allow you to create a password like "<name of your business>" that would be sufficient for this use case, and easy for the client to remember.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export Icon used two different ways without a label

Make a new icon for "batch export". The same icon is used for a different part if the interface to "open in browser". One icon should never be used to convey two different meanings unless they are also labeled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save Prototype to desktop for review

Ok, I have a file that has been lost but I have published on Behance and I have a Published link. It would Great If I could (Save or Download) from Published.
    Or If a client wanted to send feedback but they also wanted to Save and Print a copy they could also Download the file from here too maybe as a PDF or a Folder of images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bypass cloud prototype link password when linking from the source file

Password protected prototype shares are great, but is it fair to assume that the owner of the source file can get straight in when they open it from the source file in XD - I think so, given that they can change the password. It's a little annoying having to input it every time. Likewise from notifications in the desktop app - but clearly that is a little different as you're not in the source file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. favicon

Displaying the icon in browsers and launcher icons (iOS, Android) improves the experience with the user tests and the open a lot of opurtunities to experiment as a designer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Printer-friendly prototypes

The ability to print full pages from the shared prototype screen would be great.

I know you can display the prototype full screen then print, but that compresses the page horizontally and doesn't allow you to view the whole page, just what's currently in the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When in embed mode, enable pressing left/right keys to switch to prev/next artboard

Enable the use of the left/right arrow keys in embedded prototypes in order to give users possibility to scroll artboards. I know it works if all artboards are not wired, but it should work also if these are wired. Like in prototypes or preview. It is not clear why is it excluded from embed mode.

Some prototypes have multiple clickable hotspots so users have to search for them and learn their way through. Giving them possibility to use common arrow keys is a way to get sure they will be able to see all artboards and find their way back…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable prototype embedded in iframe to still support commenting

Please allow the embed option which products an iFrame to have the ability to allow comments in the same way that the direct link has.

This should also ideally allow a simple way to get to the comments section from the prototype, such as when the cursor reaches the far right edge of the page, the comments will slide in from the right, for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User-rights management in online prototype (permissions)

Users should have different statuses like admin, able to leave comments, just watch, disallow access to specific areas of the prototype.

- sometimes users have to be able to look over an prototype but not to comment

- some users might watch specific parts of a prototype but shell not see others

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base