Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Activity stream in shared files

I'd like to see an overview of all the activities and comments on all of the pages within a document that is shared. Otherwise there's quite a good possibility of missing some.

Something like Invision has would be great:
    https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000633426-Activity-Stream

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into the possibility of something like this. If you’d be willing to chat more about what your needs are around this activity stream, please ping me at tan@adobe.com

Joan Lafferty (Product Manager)

2. Option to make (Guest) comments only visible for owner

I'm currently testing one of my designs in XD.

I've shared my design with some users so they could leave their feedback by using the comment en pin tool.
    Those comments are visible for everyone what could influence the users comments by reading other users comments.

I think i would be great if the owner can decide whom can view the comments and mark them as invisible when desired.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Design Roadmap

My team often needs a vision to start with, but also smaller increments for in between. It would be great to have the possibility to show the design roadmap to the devs / shareholders.

Some more detail:
    We will usually have a big idea, very rough on a sketch level - defined from user research etc. But to get to this point and to have it validated, we need to split it up in smaller increments.
    Now I just have an xd file called vision, then another one mvp or mvp2 or mvp3 ... you get it. It would be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Trim Recorded Video

Something very similar to Quicktime's Trim feature, I would like to be able to trim the video on either side so that I can get the mouse in the right position, etc (this isn't cropping the video to a new resolution, simply shortening the length of the video)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove a user from all shared prototypes and design specs

When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Choosing prototype/specs view mode when publishing for Development

Please add an ability to set default view mode when sharing project on the web for Development, so that it would open by default as prototype or as specs.
    It's great that now we can switch between those modes, but it might be not clear for developer who got used to work with specs that now he has to perform some additional action to be able to see specs once he is in prototype mode.
    Also controls for switching between modes should be more prominent.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. save for web feature like photoshop for exporting assets

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More comprehensive link management system

Hello,

It would be great to have a list containing all the XD URLs created by my own account.

The reasons why:
    - as it stands now, anytime I'm searching for a URL, I have to open again the XD file, even if I'm just searching for the URL and I'm not going to work on XD.
    - sometimes we share more than a URL with a client. By having a list, we would have under control the amount of URLs created for every client.
    - since the only way to get the URL is open the app, my colleagues…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Annoatations in Shared Prototype Link

It would be really useful for the prototype owner to be able to choose the type of comment they use on a prototype.

For example:
    Standard Comments - The current comment style used today
    Annotation Comment - These would be used to denote key callouts for stakeholders/developers
    Designer Comment - Personal notes that remind us to make changes to the design after a stakeholder/user review. (only seen by prototype owner/collaborators)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Clone comments from previous prototype to new link

Ask the user if s/he wants to clone comments on the old prototype link before publishing a new one.

However, it would be great if the designer can add/review comments from XD desktop application while designing instead of opening the URL each time s/he wants to write/read a comment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Client Sign Off

I think it would be a good idea to have a way for a client to sign off as a final approval of prototypes after they have made there comments and the designer has addressed and resolved the issues. A step further on this would be to be able to directly highlight certain sections of the workflow for a client to review if there were any afterthought changes that require a new sign off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Presenter Mode

I have had a need to present a design and be in control. Our client can't use software for screen sharing and being able to show them a prototype and direct the exploration would be extremely beneficial. I remember seeing a feature like this somewhere but I am not remembering where.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unique id number per screen

Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assign each person a color when giving feedback

When having multiple people give feedback on a prototype it would be helpful if they're comments and pins were color-coded by person. Different people have different specialties and usually have a theme to their feedback so it would be nice if it to be easy to filter each person's feedback visually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to select iPhone skins with Behance prototypes

Perhaps more of a Behance feature request, but would be cool to have the ability to choose iPhone/mobile skins when embedding prototypes in Behance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. File Preview and Prototype directly in Creative Cloud Web Interface

Currently the View of a XD file in the Webinterface inside Creative Cloud is pretty bare.

It would be great, to add a rich preview of the file like the on Photoshop or Illustrator Files. This could be split up into different sections like full file Preview, the Prototype view and a view for Developers to extract measures and assets.

This way you automatically get access control to the prototype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share to interactive video

I would like share my prototype in some kind of interactive file, that can works without internet and without any other program, something like a interactive video.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Highlight pin on shared prototype when clicking on the comment

ピン留めしたコメントをクリックすると、ピン留めした位置に移動してほしい

ピン留めしたコメントがどこに該当するかすぐ確認できるように、コメントのピンナンバーあたりのクリックでピンされている位置にスクロールしてほしい。
    その他、ピンのカラーバリエーションもあったら良さそう。

Translation:
    Please scroll to the pinned position by clicking on the pin number of the comment so that you can confirm immediately where the pinned comment corresponds.
    Otherwise, it seems to be okay if there is color variation of the pin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already see the comment highlighted when you hover over the pin, but I am leaving this one open to cover the situation where you’d like to click on the comment and have the pin highlighted.

ピンの上にカーソルを置いたときにコメントがハイライト表示されていることはすでに確認できますが、コメントをクリックしてピンをハイライト表示する状況をカバーするためにこのピンを開いたままにしておきます。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

-Elaine

20. Mirroring in browser

It is helpfull to preview prototype in real time in browser. In Exactly the same option works very well in Sketch, where you are able to see real time prototype changes not only in mobile app but you are able to share in web your stream.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base