Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. It would be much easier for copy editors and clients to comment/mark up creative if XD had more tools like Acrobat. Does Adobe plan to expand commenting features to include tools like highlight, pen tool, and arrow tool? If so when can we expect the upgrade?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. After I place a pin for feedback, when I view it, the pin moves with the scroll, it doesn't stick to the area to which it is supposed to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve found at least one reproducible issue, and a workaround for you all. The hit area is linked to the group, which now is the rectangular area that encompasses all of the objects included in the group. If this is pinned to the top of the Z-order, the group will capture all pins, which is what happened to at least one person. I’ve attached an image to help you understand where this might be problematic. I’ll change this ticket to reflect that pinning in an “invisible” area should pin to the background.

3. Many times when you share a design with a client on the web, they won't realize that the default XD zoom is less than 100%. In my case, it defaults to 79% which has caused countless problems where the client says, "The font is too small" when in fact, if they were viewing it at the actual size, they would not experience the issue.

XD, by default, should display the shared document at 100% and THEN allow users to zoom out or in based on their particular monitor or preference.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be really useful for the prototype owner to be able to choose the type of comment they use on a prototype.

For example:
    Standard Comments - The current comment style used today
    Annotation Comment - These would be used to denote key callouts for stakeholders/developers
    Designer Comment - Personal notes that remind us to make changes to the design after a stakeholder/user review. (only seen by prototype owner/collaborators)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ask the user if s/he wants to clone comments on the old prototype link before publishing a new one.

However, it would be great if the designer can add/review comments from XD desktop application while designing instead of opening the URL each time s/he wants to write/read a comment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have had a need to present a design and be in control. Our client can't use software for screen sharing and being able to show them a prototype and direct the exploration would be extremely beneficial. I remember seeing a feature like this somewhere but I am not remembering where.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently, shared prototypes on the web show navigation controls at the bottom sometimes, but not always. Specifically, nav controls are only visible if (a) the commenting sidebar is open, or (b) all the time, if the prototype has no clickable hotspots (interaction wires).

As the author of the prototype, I'd like to be able to make the nav controls visible all the time -- even if I do have interactions defined.

There may also be use cases where you want the arrows hidden even when a user is leaving comments.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like share my prototype in some kind of interactive file, that can works without internet and without any other program, something like a interactive video.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Something very similar to Quicktime's Trim feature, I would like to be able to trim the video on either side so that I can get the mouse in the right position, etc (this isn't cropping the video to a new resolution, simply shortening the length of the video)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently padding allows parent components to change size when the child component changes size in the design mode. This works for all elements including components. Adding different sized states to the child component will cause the parent component to react correctly.

However, in presentation mode, the padding state seems to be locked. If a child component changes, the parent (whose size was determined by the child's + padding) won't adjust the padding to the child's new size.

If the padding feature was extended to the web mode it would greatly improve the workflow. If this could be added to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When we share a prototype with a link, it would be nice that that shareable prototype can be compatible with screen reader (e.g. convert it as html) since I have a co worker that is blind. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be a massive help for us and for the client to have the ability to sort the grid, mostly when you have too many screens.

• By creation date
    • By Alphabetical order
    • etc
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We can assign Prototype Approvers.
    Default State for mocks is In Progress
    These approvers then have the ability to Approve a design.
    After the first approver approves a design it is locked. Only when all approvers have approved does the prototype status change to approved.

Any approver can change the state back to in progress if there needs to be a change later. All approvers will need to re-approve each time the status is changes back to in progress.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sometime is will be useful for participants to acknowledge a comment. It would be nice to add the ability to add a Like to the comments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Share Link with password parameter as a paramter like https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12 for jira integration.

When share link is protected by password. All jira integration is showing message like 'This link is protected by password.' Password Protection is cool feature but, not kindly with integration

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello,

It would be great to have a list containing all the XD URLs created by my own account.

The reasons why:
    - as it stands now, anytime I'm searching for a URL, I have to open again the XD file, even if I'm just searching for the URL and I'm not going to work on XD.
    - sometimes we share more than a URL with a client. By having a list, we would have under control the amount of URLs created for every client.
    - since the only way to get the URL is open the app, my colleagues…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I understand why the limit exists and I'm ok with the presence of a limit in the active shared prototypes and design specs.
    Given that nowadays almost every develop platforms have quite large free tiers (Azure DevOps, GitHub, TeamCity, AWS, GitLab, and others), the limit of one active project don't fit very well with the free tiers of those dev tools.

I think that a bigger limit could be really really appreciated from hobbyists, freelances and small startup (which are the users of those free tiers) who can do the upgrade to a paid plan when their business permit it.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have pins display in ascending order

Description: Display the order of pins in ascending order so the oldest pin is at the top and the latest pin at the bottom.

When looking at a page, you scroll down. It would just make sense to have the pins go in the same direction. Maybe give us the ability to toggle between ascending and descending.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)