Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. Drop shadow effect on objects like buttons. This are fundamental when trying to achieve Material Design effects like showing elevation on objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be great to be able to put more than one image in a mask that you can turn on and off to show design options or to get the best photo for the layout. Currently you can only have one and once you drop in a different photo then the first one is gone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm trying to figure out how to make apps/sites more user friendly for non-tech-savvy folk or first timers to an app/site.

Each object (buttons, pics, arrows, etc..) could have a set of options to get user's attention before they even touch the screen. This would be very useful for drawing their attention to actions they need to take/choose from.

For example,
    ..continuously grow and shrink ("breathe"), move or change between colors
    ..fade in when appear on screen
    ..slide in when appear on screen
    ..spin in on appear
    ...fade, slide or spin in after a few seconds on screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this with timed transitions! Select your entire home artboard in prototype mode, and then select the “Time” transition. Then select your transition type and select your next artboard. For more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-prototypes.html#Usetimedtransitions

Also, CC Evangelist Howard Pinsky has created this resource for you, which will explain how timed transitions work: https://letsxd.com/videos/prototyping

Hope that helps!

5. Drag and drop, and scroll down into page of the PDF if they are several page.

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Draw vector art with pen tool on iPhone while I wait on ox? XD or Draw for 2019??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When distributing text with central Europe fonts (áéíóú...) to the text grid, the final text is missing these fonts and give "?" instead. I have tried all possible settings. What I do wrong?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Masks are completely broken and pretty useless in XD currently. You can't reorder layers, use clipping masks, or even resize a layer inside a mask. Once you create a mask group, it's basically a locked in and un-editable layer causing lots of frustration and confusion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can you add more text editing tools to XD? Like all the ones available in InDesign. Ability to superscript and subscript type. Stylesheets, ability to automate formatting type, etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would be nice, if we can change the font for the whole document. Something like Sketch Typeface.

Check the below link

https://vimeo.com/305601486/a1388ac3a9

(Start Time: 14:07 - End Time: 14:13)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Having the option to select an object and seeing what type of font or color is being used for that specific object instead of sampling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. This has happened to me a few times, when a file is shared between two designers, occasionally the font will load differently, even though we have the exact same font. Typically what happens is the line height of the font shows up differently. So if I open the file - everything fits fine in a text box, if she opens the same file with the same font, the 2nd line may is missing.

There was a rare case where if I open the file the line heights are 20 pxs off in the line height field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi! I would love if you could create a parent or a smart object inside XD so that you not need to apply small changes to all of your artboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The possibility to extrude
    Currently, I can add and move more handle points by double-clicking on a shape. I would like to extend this feature to surface extrusion. Attached Video for better understanding.

Example:
    In practice, a column and a horizontal menu will be built.

Current work steps:
    Create 2 objects for the column and for the menu above.

Suggestion for improvement:
    I can drag the area between two touch points. In other words, a third point appears as the center point and over this point I drag the shape in the desired direction. So just like I can edit…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Integrate photoshop features with adobe xd, so that we can incorporate image editing with web designing. Features like blurring the image, cloning tool, stamp tool etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Many of these ideas are already filed as separate requests within the database. Please do upvote those or file specific tools you’d like to see us have!

By the way, we already have object blur to blur an image.

17. Please make this possible. Copy image by selected area. As in photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The selection will "auto-select" a shape when I hover over it, however I want to select elements within that shape and not the containing shape as well.

Use the "shift" key or equivalent to only select elements are completely within the selection area and not items below the mouse cursor, when I start the selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Transform Tool:

A huge amount of friction can be removed from the conceptual design phase with a transform tool that can scale a group of selected elements and scale all attributes proportionately, including text sizes, line spacing, stroke width etc.

It's very common in early stages of design to have groups of items go back and forth in size, arrangement etc.

We also get many cases where clients add elements later in the process, necessitating resizing of other elements on the screen.

Having to change line spacing, text size, space after paragraph, stroke width on every one individually is a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can you give an option for an inbuilt icon for android and ios and also suggest for both ios and android.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)