Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. The ability to select colors by hex is paramount IMO. Most style guides use hex for web/mobile. Not to mention I have several hex colors memorized (self serving much... ;) )

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Rectangles and ellipses can be marked as "cropping". Such cropping containers will apply a cropping mask on anything put inside it. This should be a reversible behavior.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. What do you think about something like this:

Design mode while smart-object selected can show one more tab at app header with smart-object name. In the appearance panel at the right adds some fields while smart object is selected.

To edit smart-object you should open tab with it and work as before, except that artboards name is the name for different state

And You can place another smart object in a smart object ;)

1,501 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear XD Community -

I’m glad to announce that we have introduced the ability to add Interactive Component States in XD 24. This means that you could now add and manage your component states variations from a single component while enabling you to define Hover and Tap interactions between them.

We also preserve those states and interactions when you use those components across other XD documents. This means that you could have a single source of truth (Sticker sheet) for all your design system components with motion and interactivity baked into them. Any changes made to your master components in your source document will propagate to all linked components in all your projects so that your components are is always in sync.

To learn more about component states and how to get stated with them please check:
    https://letsxd.com/states

Watch out for many more improvements in this area in the coming…

4. I really miss the (l) colorpipette/colorpicker shortcut. Because I now have too much (mouse/pen)movement to the right panel, in stead of doing all with shortcuts... This and more shortcuts from photoshop/illustrator like (z) for zoom.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I attached an image explaining the idea. In short - cut our design time by 50%. When adding content to content blocks you almost always need to do the tedious task of selecting everything beneath and moving it to create space for the changes. I want to eliminate this task by using Dynamic content spacers. Just hover over a border and connect that border to another - lock it and type in your prefered px / point or % - your preference and voila. Every time you make changes the design just moves magically with all the content :)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would be nice to be able to switch between landscape/portrait modes when you start a new design (or even while working on an existing design).

Now all templates start as portrait views and you can only mimic a landscape orientation by creating a custom size template.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1,311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This idea addresses how we can have longer pages beyond the current artboard dimensions without manually resizing.

Artboards could actually be just a viewport. You could double click on a given artboard to open an expanded canvas.

In the crude example I've uploaded below, I can still keep all of my screens aligned as I have been. When I double click on an artboard, the canvas is expanded to show I have much more content on the page. Perhaps the rest are dimmed to emphasise where we are. Think isolated mode in Illustrator.

This would keep the best of the…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is indeed completed. We have a few additional enhancements to this feature that we’ll be adding in an upcoming release including a property inspector addition for scrolling giving you more control over your viewport and an artboard’s ability to scroll.

9. I'm constantly changing this in PS.. and the hex field is buried away inside XD

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It will be nice I can use that 200/2 = 100 directly in a numbered field just like any other Adobe App. (/ and - and * and +)

639 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of our June release, you can now use math operators in numeric fields! If you don’t see the update, open the Creative Cloud desktop application, select the … in the upper right corner, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

11. There is no Right Click Option, which would be useful, especially for the "Make Repeat Grid" Feature

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spell check please! Much needed for someone who sometimes glances over simple spelling errors

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use spell check in the September release of XD! If you can’t see the update, select … from the Creative Cloud desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have additional suggestions for this feature, please file a separate request!

13. Link a button that can link like a hyperlink to another web page like youtube or my own Web Page

4,841 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be awesome to have blending modes in the sidebar.

1,062 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would be nice if objects could be temporarily hidden.
    Similar to illustrator.
    cmd+3 hides an object
    cmd+alt+3 unhides an object.

That would make selecting other surrounding objects an easy task.
    It also works nicely if the user wants to focus on a specific area without being distracted by other elements

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

We’ve introduced the ability to hide objects with the Layers panel in our November release. However, we understand that some of you want more advanced control for hiding and showing objects. Given that there are a number of different potential directions we could take this, we’d love to hear your thoughts in new ideas in UserVoice. I’m closing this idea as completed for now.

Thanks,

-Elaine

16. Ability to copy an object's style and paste it to others

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To be able to use XD as a useful tool for content architecting/wireframing (before design, before prototype) - a library of generic common web and mobile web elements would be very useful (in an easily accessible panel - NOT by copying and pasting from a template file).

For example:
    - Image/Logo (resizable) placeholder
    - Horizontal and Vertical Nav placeholder
    - Icon library (like hamburger, search, map point, etc)
    - Text block (resizable) placeholder
    - Scrollbar (horizontal, vertical) placeholder

etc

Think Balsamiq, or OmniGraffle wireframe tools for example.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on this! With the introduction of plugins, we now have a wide variety of plugins that will meet this need. You might want to try out the Quick Mockup plugin, which was just released. Check it out, and feel free to file a new ticket if you’re looking for more!

18. Similar to Edge Reflow, it would be great to have the ability to prototype responsive design ideas with a fluid, flexible canvas. Web designers need a good tool for this there really isn't anything out there to test out responsive design solutions.

2,334 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Hoyle responded

Hello,

With last week’s update of XD, we introduced Responsive Resize – a way to easily resize your elements as you adapt them to different screen sizes. This should massively speed up your workflow.

Download the latest version of XD to give it a try, and check out a 3 min overview of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKvg8_8jv10&t=2s

Look forward to hearing what you think!

Hoyle

19. 284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now change the position of the border along the stroke for closed paths in the December release of Adobe XD! Check it out, and let us know what you think. If you’d like to see additional improvements to this feature, please feel free to file it as a separate ticket.

-Elaine

20. It feels weird not having those shortcuts

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)