Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. • Blend modes, but only a few like multiply and overlay. (don't want a re-run of photoshop)
    • Text underline (basic formatting)
    • Flip Horizontal / Vertical
    • Grid system (960 or similar)
    • Image repositioning within shape

Other than this, you guys have made a fantastic piece of software. In the words of Moff from Human Traffic "Nice one Bruva"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one request per ticket. Thankfully, most of these are already in the system and are just waiting for your upvote:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

2. 1) when using design mode for multiple artboards, there is no option to print the design overview (ala a Sitemap) for all artboards at once.

2) Each artboard in our design has a title but they only show "..." in the Design View until you click into the title to edit. Plenty of space to fit the title there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Description: A toggle or a hotkey to show/hide the size of the objects and/or the distance between all objects in the project.

Why: It will make easier to know how to position the objects, to be exact the same as in the XD file, when you develop the app. well it not so hard to calculate it by yourself. XD knows how to show it when you move the objects, the only thing left is just to create a button to show and keep it on visible, but with automatically calculated distance and size of all objects. As a web…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently while having PS or illustrator open while working with XD it can be a little annoying when jumping back into XD you have to down the graphic pen and switch to mouse pad. I use my graphics tab more and more and being able to use it in XD with such things like the pen tool would really help UX imo

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd like to start using Adobe Xd more, but whats really holding me back ist that there are no textstyle options. It'd be really cool and intuitive if they would have the same look and feel as in the other adobe Programs. This is really something I'm missing, and a dealbreaker for me. Especially if I want to design a Website with more that 2 or even just 1 page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I've been using this for a while now and I find it absolutely great! However there's a few things I wish it could do.

1) Having a radial style gradient.

2) Saving Gradients the same way colors are saved.

3) Locking an image in the background and having the content scroll over it.

4) Floating Menu's during prototype mode. So that the main header can scroll along with the page.

Thank you for this great app. Keep up the good work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file a single ticket for each idea. Thankfully, your ideas are already in the database, and only need your upvote!

Radial Gradient: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15671976
    Gradient Swatches: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16384465
    Scrollable Areas: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869166
    Pinned Elements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13031847

-Elaine

7. Color swatch is Great!!... But we have not yet been able to delete the saved colors nor to edit them, leaving several unused colors in the palette.

I know a lot of ideas are being sent but I believe that color management deserves attention since when we need to change a color we have to manually change all the elements. My idea is basically to be able to edit a color in the palette and see all the elements flipping to this new color in real time. The gain in productivity would be incredible!
    In short, my request is:
    1)…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. artboard switch shortcut key

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We would like to have the option of color transparency in cells of tables

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I love how easy the new Assets panel is, and the following features could make it even better:

1- Double click an asset, such as a color or font, to edit it.
    2- Drag assets to sort them.
    3- Selecting an item from an dartboard highlights its color and/or font.
    4- For the tooltips to appear instantly when hovering over an asset in the asset window. For example, when hovering over a color to instantly display its hex code. I currently have to hover over an asset and wait for the tooltip to appear so I can see if it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Very minor detail but when coping the hexcode from PS it's easy to forget to added the required # whereas in PS it is already implied

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great if demos could run in fullscreen. You could add a button in the artboard properties to check/uncheck fullscreen mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It is very necessary to add:
    - dotted line
    - uppercase letter
    - can change the border line to outside and inside
    - moving image inside the frame. Something like a clipping mask

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello, I am a designer and really like working with Adobe XD.

I hope that in the future, there will be the option to add/change states to the icons - ex. to create buttons that change color/size when the mouse hovers over/rolls over before clicking and going to another screen. It wouyld also be helpful an option where the image can be edited in Photoshop/Illustrator, saved and updated in XD, like Smart-objects work between Photoshop and Illustrator.

Finally, to have a section dedicated to the creation of Personas and Users Journeys would be a great adds-on, since many prototyping software…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you enter a single idea per submission. The good news is, all of your suggestions are already in the database and ready for your upvote!

Elaine

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I really want to use XD, but I want it to act and perform like a layout program (InDesign). Layers, guides, text frame options, image frames etc. It needs ALL the basic functionality of InDesign. I keep wanting to go back to InDesign to lay-out/design concepts b/c basic things like guides and layers don't exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We have a lot of other InDesign fans as well, and they’ve already seeded our database with suggestions that are based on their favorite features. I’d suggest that you search in the XD UserVoice and upvote your favorite features!

By the way, we do have a layers panel that you can play with. Hit Cmd+Y to launch the contextual layers panel and check it out!

-Elaine

17. Text rendering is very poor at anything other than 100% view.

Fitting to screen produces scratchy text lines — much poorer than the way InDesign would handle such a thing.
    Please improve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. take the symbol concept and grouping concept from adobe fireworks - it is well designed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to link text objects within a single board, or across multiple boards, so that when I change text in one object all linked text objects update to the new text.

A simple use case:
    Update button label "Submit" on all buttons and across all boards to "Save".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi Guys
    I think should be great if when I made a symbol, I can change some properties without change the root symbol, the capacity to choose between create a new symbol or a sub symbol (the sub symbol take the properties no affected in the edition) with this property we can change general properties and affect the children.

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)