Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. This may be small but takes a lot of time up: I switch between seeing the grid and not seeing a lot. In XD I have to click on the artboard name for the grid show/hide shortcut keys work. Would be awesome if these would work anywhere in design mode.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Now, you can marque select all the artboards you want, then use Cmd + ’ (apostrophe) to turn grids on and off. Please let us know if it doesn’t cover your needs. Thanks.

2. Ability to use the eyedropper tool to copy existing text styles and ability to click on existing paths to copy stroke, colour etc.

These features are available in Illustrator and would be really helpful in XD too!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the lack of update on this! We now have a new feature that should address this problem: paste appearance. In Design mode, copy any object and then select any number of objects to apply styles to (including text). Then you can execute the paste appearance command (Cmd+Opt+V for Mac, Ctrl+Alt+V for Windows) and apply anything from text styles to border styles.

As always, we’re looking for feedback on what changes you’d like to see in the feature going forward, so try it out for a little while, then file your suggestions here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

3. This idea addresses how we can have longer pages beyond the current artboard dimensions without manually resizing.

Artboards could actually be just a viewport. You could double click on a given artboard to open an expanded canvas.

In the crude example I've uploaded below, I can still keep all of my screens aligned as I have been. When I double click on an artboard, the canvas is expanded to show I have much more content on the page. Perhaps the rest are dimmed to emphasise where we are. Think isolated mode in Illustrator.

This would keep the best of the…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is indeed completed. We have a few additional enhancements to this feature that we’ll be adding in an upcoming release including a property inspector addition for scrolling giving you more control over your viewport and an artboard’s ability to scroll.

4. When deleting points from a shape, the endpoints still connect and the object remains a shape rather than being able to become a line. Important, for example, for designing charts and graphs such as donut charts broken into sections.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be nice to have shortcut key for switching between the two windows when open. for example when i have one project open and then i open for some iOS and android UI it opens in new window which is really annoying to switch between the the two window.
    for example in photoshop when i press (cmd+ ~) it switchs between the windows without using mouse click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You could just zoom out to select larger areas, but I think this is a usability issue. When zoomed in, in photoshop for example, you can drag a marquee selection off the window and it will scroll to follow the mouse. I would expect a similar action to take place here, as some mobile pages can get very long.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Arrange
    • Align
    • Export
    • Add to library ...
    51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

We currently have following right click features:

Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete | Group, Lock | Bring to Front, Bring Forward, Send Backward, Send to Back

and we will be bringing more over time with specific features as we implement them.

Tom (Adobe XD)

7. Change text size with cmd+shift+comma and dot for -1/+1 and cmd+shift+alt+comma and dot for -10/+10 font size like other adobe apps

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Upon selecting multiple objects, have a key combination / tool that enables us to resize the spacing between objects rather than the objects themselves. For example, three aligned, ungrouped, circles, when resized horizontaly would increase the spacing between them, rather than making them eliptical.
    This behaviour already occurs when those objects are text boxes, so I think it would be useful having it for everything else.

For me, this would save time when I need to align or distribute multiple different objects across the artboard ( for example, a set of vector icons ) which don't work with the repeating…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow OPT + DRAG to duplicate artboards

This would allow much faster iteration of page ideas. Duplicating from the layers palette is cumbersome and less intuitive because it forces way too much pointing and clicking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already option-drag to duplicate artboards. However, you’ll need to make sure that you have the artboard itself selected before you option-drag. To select the artboard, you can either click the artboard’s title or double click on the background. Once the artboard is selected, you can Option-Drag and have the entire artboard duplicate. :)

-Elaine

10. And to be able to highlight link with different color. Now I create an 'invisible' hotspot on the wording but it's messy to move around these objects while formatting text. There might be an easier way?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all! We just released an update to Adobe XD where you can now create hyperlinks within your text block. To do this:

1) Select any piece of text in Design Mode.

2) In the "Text" pane of the property inspector, add a URL to the link field.

3) Commit w/ Enter

Your text will get an underline by default, but you can still change the styles. Preview your prototype, and your text should be a hyperlink. Clicking on the link will open a new browser tab with that link.

Thanks for your feedback!

Joan Lafferty

Adobe XD Product Manager

11. Would be nice if objects could be temporarily hidden.
    Similar to illustrator.
    cmd+3 hides an object
    cmd+alt+3 unhides an object.

That would make selecting other surrounding objects an easy task.
    It also works nicely if the user wants to focus on a specific area without being distracted by other elements

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

We’ve introduced the ability to hide objects with the Layers panel in our November release. However, we understand that some of you want more advanced control for hiding and showing objects. Given that there are a number of different potential directions we could take this, we’d love to hear your thoughts in new ideas in UserVoice. I’m closing this idea as completed for now.

Thanks,

-Elaine

12. It feels weird not having those shortcuts

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Everyone uses icons. They're everywhere so you spend a lot of time using them during design. Usually you need some external project opened with those icons and copy-paste them etc.

Would be good to have some kind of built-in way to use imported icons (or any asset actually)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of know you can copy and paste items from Illustrator and from browsers. You can also import SVG from Sketch and from Finder. Could you change the title for this item to Font Icon support? If that is the case. Thanks.

14. The current implementation of "masking" is missing a key feature... clipping masks.

I've attached a file to help give a better understanding of what I'm referring to. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show all & zoom to selected object is a pretty powerful way to navigate among your artboards. Also very useful when trying to work on the details of a particular selected object.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can now zoom to selected object. Check out the September release of Adobe XD.

Tom (Adobe XD)

16. In addition to left, right and centre aligned text I would love to see a (center) justify text align option. At the moment importing center justified text from AI does not perform as expected. I feel that is because that type of alignment is not supported by the XD software.

Basically I would like the same text alignment options as Illustrator (the advanced alignment options included!)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have center justification for text areas already!

If you’re interested in full justification, please upvote this story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16278061

If you’re interested in upper case, please upvote the text transform story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13717794

If there’s a specific issue with text copy and paste from Illustrator, please do file it as a specific issue.

Thanks!

-Elaine

17. Dear Adobe XD.
    It is a very big part of working in international Web design that the design tool support all font's.
    It means that I also need the name in original langues.
    Photoshop, ondesign and illustrator can do it but i can't find any way in XD

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rectangles and ellipses can be marked as "cropping". Such cropping containers will apply a cropping mask on anything put inside it. This should be a reversible behavior.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. since there is no layers tab, it is crucial to have a feature that allows the user to arrange objects to:

• bring to front
    • bring forward
    • send backward
    • send to back

I'm aware that these are in the menu under Object, but please make them more accessible in the UI, if I have to go into the menu every time to arrange objects it will slow down the user's work flow!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our June 2016 release, you will be able to use the context menu (right click) to arrange your item. For now, you can use the menu under Object as mentioned, or shortcuts (CMD + ] to Bring Forward, or CMD + [ to send Backward).