Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. When I have a component I would like to be able to add a shadow to the component. Currently there is only fill and border available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I cannot select multiple items within a group by CMD clicking the items on my design. I have to do that on the item side panel which is a pain because when having a lot of items of a sort you have no idea which item is which on the design.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently if I have several ideas for the same Artboard, I have to copy and paste the artboard, usually I put all of them on top of each other, making a vertical line of versions to choose, what makes my whole screen full of garbage and unused Artboards.

I would like to suggest a Context Menu Option of the Artboard, where we can enter a "Multiple Version Mode", where the screen will only show all the versions of this particular artboard. Creating a new Artboard in this mode, will be considered as another version. We can create as many Artboards…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The ability to add minus values in the paragraph spacing box to decrease paragraph spacing from default.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please, can you make the keyboard shortcut to switch between the asset panel and layers the same?

My brain absolutely cannot get used to 'Shift' 'Command' + 'Y' to go to assets then 'Command' +'Y'. I end up turning off the panel and then turning it back on every time before doing the correct shortcut 🤪

Make it just be 'Command' + 'Y' to toggle assets and layers!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The Color Picker now shows a second line to indicate which colors meet the AAA contrast ratio recommendation.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to suggest adding a couple of functions to speed up the file editing process.
    1 - I need to swap two gradient colors. Now I have to do it manually. I would like to have a "swap" button so that this is done automatically.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Some way to know the original resolution of a bitmap image after it has been imported and/or resized, so you can make an educated decision when creating assets.

It’s impossible to know the resolution if you have been handed a file from someone else on your team

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• It would be cool to have shortcuts to increase/decrease the width of elements. In Sketch you can press (cmd+left/right bracket) to do this.
    • A shortcut to rename layers would also be really helpful.
    • It would also be great to have the ability to select a layer and move it without accidentally touching other layers. In sketch you can also do this by pressing alt+cmd.

Thank you! :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Now I use photoshop to create a gradient image, but it would be much easier to implement a feature to add a gradient, with an image as a fill, instead of just a colour.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If you guys could include in the assets panel a way of saving styles for borders, so that we can easily apply it to elements in our designs, it would be great.
    Functionality wise it would basically be the same as as for the other assets in the assets panel.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. UI pattern Library for beginners. UX/UI Designers can understand and learn the UI patterns trends in UX community.

I have added an gif animation for UI pattern Library.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I am doing a design where the image is on the left, then right, then left etc.

If you use Repeat Grid to make this happen, if you try and drop text in it only updates the left side of the repeat grid. See image attached.

Is it possible to update this so it could work?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As a Mac user, I always use spacebar to preview files before open them, and I'd like to be able to do the same thing with symbols inside XD and preview them in a bigger window in order to have a better view of the small ones.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I understand that we can export to PDF then print, but this adds more time to my workflow. If would be easier if I could just print artboards directly from XD.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Some fonts have issues between Mac and Windows environments most notably at the moment the Intro typeface. It works fine in all other Adobe software but in XD if a person sets up a file on a Mac and then a Windows user tries to open the file the fonts are all missing despite the exact same font files being installed on both computers. Mac and Windows in XD seem to group font families differently so Intro Black Caps on Mac is Font-Family: Intro, Font-weight: black caps. But on Windows it's Font-Family Intro Caps, Font-weight: Black. Causing the files to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice if I could snap (or align, or position - you name it) an object to another object.
    I mean something like abosolute positioned element inside a relative positioned element if we talk CSS.
    Imagine a rectangle and a text object. I would want to put text object on top of rectangle, position it 10px from bottom and 10px from right relative to the rectangle (right bottom corner of rectangle). Snap it to the rectangle, or whatever the magic action it would be. After thet is done, however I am resizing my rectangle, text object will always…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Golden Ratio proportions are used by most of the designers, yet it is always a hassle to measure the sizes of all elements and margins between them individually.

It would be nice if the panel with artboard grids would also have a checkbox for "Snap to Golden Ratio".

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After using the same tools and functions after a few times a prompt should appear telling the user the keyboard shortcut to help speed up their productivity.

This could be very helpful for first time users and beginners, but also helpful for general use to help everybody be more aware of the keyboard shortcuts available.

Some people may not like this idea so there should be an option to turn off the prompts...

Thanks!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. As a user, I would like to see artboard numbers in place of the artboard icon.

The artboard icon provides little value to me as a user. There's only one pasteboard icon and X number of artboards. I appreciate the identifier, but feel the space could provide more value.

What would be helpful is if I could see the number of the artboard as it corresponds to the online prototype (see attached image).

This would be especially helpful when I'm trying to find and copy the exact URL of a page for a client.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)