Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Linked Assets is a great feature, but it is not as helpful as it could be for teams who do contract work. Where I work, we have multiple clients who all typically use Material components, but use different colors. At the present time, we have a shared component library (separate XD document) that we can pull common assets from.

If we use the Link Assets feature, we are unable to edit the master colors since that is controlled by a source document. So instead, we have to manually copy the components and paste them into a new document, then create…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It may seem small but it would be a workflow improvement if when pasting a component, being able to make it local in the right click contextual menu. Currently I have to open the Assets panel, right click on the component, Make Local. But it would be a little more efficient if, once I paste it, right click and make local. Thx

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. This might sound like a crazy idea.. but since the introduction of components I have felt the need to have multiple instances of a master component on the canvas.

Problem: Say I have an artboard with a master component (a collection of master components for overview). In another artboard I have an instance of the component where it sits in context. Today I often start editing the instance component by mistake which just makes overrides to the component when I actually want to just update the component globally and in context. Instead of having the instance of the component I…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When replacing a symbol with another one let's say,
    An "Enabled text box" with a "Disabled text box"
    If Enabled text box has a overridden label called "First name" which gets lost when replacing the enabled version with disabled version of the text box symbol.

(Since many of the symbols which are created for different states share the same components like, label, value etc.)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. This helps in organising images and icons within a set boundary. Making a shift from Figma after the auto-animate feature.

This is one area which XD is lacking and making me go back and forth between the two applications.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to be able to create fractions for math equations - like in Illustrator and inDesign where you select type, click a button and the numbers are formatted into and editable fraction (ie 2/3 reformatted to a proper fraction setup) - very necessary and a huge time saver

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add more information to the character styles in the asset library, ie. weight and color

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. You should be able to fill nested repeat grids with individual data. The topic has been posted before (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/13592076-texts-in-nested-repeat-grid-s-all-elements-chages) but did not receive a lot of attention. However I do see a lot of potential here, when working with complex tabular interfaces.
    One simple use case I came across today is designing a calendar where you design a grid for the months in a year and an nested grid for the days in a month.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great if XD had a shape builder like Illustrator to more easily build more complex shapes. This would allow me to stay within just one application instead of having to use multiple applications. The standard boolean operators just don't cut it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow importing svg elements with SVG filter blur to be converted to XD object blur

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It gets a little crazy when there are a lot of objects and a lot of groups. It would be really cool if you could drag down through the lock/visibility icons like you could in Photoshop or Illustrator to very quickly show/hide or lock/unlock a series of items instead of having to keep creating deeper and deeper groups.

Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Symbols are fine when all instances are the same size, like on mobile.

When designing for the web, we tend to create classes for everything and reuse them in various components that may NOT be the same size. We define stuff like a button's colour, border radius, text style and so on, but we do not define width, height etc.

Right now XD is does not let us be productive when designing such interfaces.

This is all implemented very nicely in InDesign's Object Styles, albeit with much more detail there.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to automatically sync document colours + character styles without manually having to click the plus icon.

Problem:
    Unless you remember to constantly update these the document can quickly lead to inconsistencies between what is on the screen and what is in the assets. The more screens and the bigger the project the harder this is to manage and reference what you have used in other places, which is critical for digital design.

Solution:
    If a new colour or font was added to a screen it would appear under assets automatically. If it was deleted from the screen it would…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pressing the Command key (on Mac), regardless of what tool is currently active, should give you the selection (arrow) cursor so you can quickly select and move objects. This feature is available in Illustrator, and it would make designing more efficient in Xd. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Photoshop like ability to filter layer by TYPE, PATH or symbol.
    Useful for making massive operations such as GLOBAL FONT editing or COLOR changing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If I have to add new content to the top or left of the grid cells inside a Repeat Grid, the left/top edges of the Repeat Grid container don't auto-expand and the content gets clipped. I have to manually move all the existing content down/right to make space, then add the new content, then move the whole Repeat Grid back to the left/upward to get the existing content back in its original position.

Also, if I have text overrides with centered text, if I edit any of the text to be long it also gets clipped, and requires similar work…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Right now the shortcut for the Element panel is CTRL + SHIFT + Y (on Windows) and CTRL + Y for Layers panel. I always get confused what combination I have to use in order to switch between the panels because I constantly change in which panel I am. Since the panels are displayed in the same flyout and at the moment there are only two panles it would be super super awesome to just switch between the panels with the same shortcut. Like when I am in the Layers I press CTRL+Y and I see the Elements. Then I…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When hovering over a text element, the cursor changes to a text selection cursor. This leads me to believe that I can drag select the text I'm currently hovering over (as you are able to do in applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator).

Currently though, when I try and drag select a portion of text within a text element it creates a new text box in the area I'm dragging, over top of the existing text element. This is inconsistent behaviour when compared to other Adobe apps.

This is valuable because it skips the step of having to click into…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Something that made me almost rage-quit a project the other day is the fact, that you can't zoom or scroll while editing text.
    Also please make the "select nothing"-shortcut (cmd+shift+a) work in a textbox. It's something that is just baked into many designer's muscle memory.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Double-clicking on an asset, such as a color or font, in the Assets window, brings up the asset's edit window.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)