Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. At JBF Sports, we have been creating stickers in AI: using the Offset Path under Object, we can take the initial shape and offset the path which I then fill with white to create the exact shape of that sticker.

We are slowly moving into Xd to be able to export our assets quickly in svg and png.

other keywords: grow path, shrink path

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I use Illustrator's split into grid in almost every session. It's brilliant, and although I see you are working in a lot of automatic gutter / guide / spacing assistance in XD, i'd love to see this feature.

Great for making the first instance of repeat grid items that XD then repeats so well.

It could be simplified, but the functionality is priceless!!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Let the user set points (similar to anchor links in artboards) so the animation snaps in scroll groups.
    The scenario is to prototype app icons in several menu pages situation, so you scroll right and left snapping to each page.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Inside a component state, select an object and a "Fix Position While Scrolling" checkbox appears on the right menu where it usually is for base-level elements on an artboard. When selected, the element stays fixed on the artboard while the rest of the component scrolls.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Instead of creating components, Icons could have a separate category in assets. This could help organize the project and could be used to generate a separate zip file for download for the developers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cmd+F, Ctrl+F to launch the layers panel and give focus to search

with the key ctrl + f you can search for elements

same as browser

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Is it planned to make available input fields to set coordinates to guides? Sometimes, I have to zoom enough to set guides at a particular X or Y point. It would be nice if you could recreate the experience we have in Illustrator and Photoshop on this matter.

Thank you in advance.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When a symbol is selected on the artboard, show (in the properties panel):

• the instance name
    • the name of the symbol it's an instance of

I find myself doing A LOT of right clicking and then "Reveal Symbols in Assets" to figure out what symbols I'm actually using.

(Symbol use, management, overrides, and shared libraries are some of the biggest challenges we have in using Adobe XD instead of Sketch.)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When a shape is drawn, for example a rectangle, there is a chance XD will convert that shape to a path at some point, specifically if grouped with other elements, making scaling and resizing elements problematic. This is especially true if you're using radiused corners on your shape. This appears to be an intended behavior in XD, but it really sucks, and results in a lot of re-work, or wonky-looking shapes.

Rather than automatically making this decision, XD should allow/prompt the user to decide if and when a shape gets converted, similar to how Photoshop rasterizes a vector.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the possibility for black-to-white gradients to work as feathering for masks when clipping them to an underlying object.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. While an object is selected (Select arrow tool), I would like to press the "F - key" on the keyboard, to enable (temporarily the eyedropper and grab the color from artboard. The same would work for grabbing the border colour with lets say "B - key".
    In other words: when we press the F or B key on the keyboard - cursor changes (until key is released) from Arrow to Eyedropper.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Asset names and text boxes should become editable when the F2 key is pressed since F2 is universally known as the 'edit' key. It allows for a more efficient workflow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to assign predefined variables to properties of assets.

i.e. If I have a complicated mock-up and I want to try some different color combinations, I can assign all rectangles that represent cards to one variable, all shapes that represent headers to another, etc. etc. Then testing different color combinations becomes much more efficient.

Currently I have to go through and Individually select each asset and change the properties. Support for variables would significantly reduce design time and effort.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implementation of full featured style sheet for controlling type.

Being able to adjust a style in a standard paragraph style edit mode that changes all styles in document would speed up prototyping and screen design.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 日本語の下線表示を適切にして欲しい

下線機能の追加ありがとうございます。ただ日本語の場合、意図しない表示になってしまうことがあります。修正の検討お願いします。おそらくChinese, Koreanも同様のケースがあると思います。

I want the Japanese underline display to be appropriate

Thank you for adding underline functions. If it is just Japanese, it may become an unintended display. Please consider examining the correction. Perhaps Chinese and Korean have similar cases.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to set image position like "background-position" in CSS:
    Example:
    - Stick image to the right of the shape (background-position: top right)
    - Align image center (background-position: center center)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When adding a drop shadow to an object it binds to the border.

This means that if an object does not have a border or a fill (in the instance where you would want to create a glass like effect it is not possible)

We have tested and verified that this is counter to how the browsers behave - this is the test example we used:

https://jsfiddle.net/j911t7kp/1/

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The automated art board name sequencing (Name - 1, Name - 2-, Name -3), only works properly when if a user keeps the original dash and number sequence intact.

If a user clears the default name and r-names an art board, the next art board duplicated from it starts at Name - 1 again, even if one retypes the -1 in the new art board name.

Art boards that have been renamed, then duplicated, might be better suited to either:

1) Start at "Name - 2"

-or-

2) Use a "copy, copy 2, copy 3" sequence, like OS X and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Seperate opacity of border, area/fill and image inside the frame. So I can set the image to 80% and with the black fill it will be shaded/darkened but the white boarder is still white and has no opacity!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)