Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Selecting text on your art-board automatically highlights its style in the Assets window

Problem:
    It's hard to tell which Character Style in the Assets window I need to modify to affect a certain set of text boxes.

Solution:
    To be able to click one of my text-boxes and the relevant Character Style gets highlighted in the Assets window.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Double-clicking on an asset, such as a color or font, in the Assets window, brings up the asset's edit window.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Include a "find font" panel like in Adobe Illustrator to globally replace one font with another. Even with the symbol/assets panel this is hard for documents that you did not architect and may require a lot of extra work (i.e. the iOS UI kits in a windows environment where San Francisco font has to be downloaded from third party sources and converted manually to .ttf)

416 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Since the August 22 release, when zoomed out far enough, artboard names go away and you just see an ellipsis (...). While the artboard names were previously difficult to read (in some cases, text over text), there has to be a better way than removing them completely. Access to the artboard name is important.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please remove the color property from a text style.

Here's a story: i start a new project and define h1-h6, body text and subtext. At some point i need a white H1 that's overlaid on a photo. Currently, i can select H1, but it turns my text black so i have to make it white again. This can become frustrating when it repeats tens of times throughout a project. In my mind, text styles and color palette are separate. This problem applies to both CC Libraries and XD Assets.

Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be really useful for me as an developer to have the fonts embedded in the XD file (like Photoshop does).

I use the XD file made by our designer to extract al sizes / font-sizes / line-heights and spacings to determine what the generic styles for specific components are going to be.

But when I don't have the current font installed on my PC yet, I can't see which parts of the design are bold / italic and how the font-sizes hold up to certain design blocks ( because measurements aren't the same between all fonts ). XD…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be really nice to know the count of artboards in your file

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. UI Kits with browser bars for web development. Include the fundamentals like Chrome, IE/Edge, Safari.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Color stops fixed at the extremes are not easily selectable. They seem to be under the bars. Could they be over each bar?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to set image position like "background-position" in CSS:
    Example:
    - Stick image to the right of the shape (background-position: top right)
    - Align image center (background-position: center center)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please change the default value for Line Height to Normal or Auto, instead of 0, just like it works in CSS or Phothsop, because line-height:0; is actually a value in CSS which makes the line height 0.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. While we're waiting on Xd to add a feature for annotations / documentation / callouts / etc., I have come up with a very useful workaround. This workaround lets you add a notes panel next to each artboard that can be easily moved with the artboard, scaled to accommodate longer scrolling pages, and can be easily shown or hidden when running in preview mode.

This attached document includes lots of detail on how to use the workaround yourself, as well as plenty of feedback for the Xd team on what I'd like to see in the annotations feature once they…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. While stupid for others... this is something that I personally use a lot. Especially when working on the go. Hitting a tab and previewing the whole design for a quick check.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. This is a very simple but useful feature that I'd like to see carried over from InDesign.

In InDesign, when the text tool is selected, it only takes one click to begin editing text in the exact place where you click in a text string. To select the object to move it, you simply use the Selection Tool (V), but if you want to edit text, the Text Tool (T) makes it seamless.

Currently in XD, objects are selected in the same way regardless as to whether the Selection Tool or Text Tool is in use. This requires 2 clicks…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Working on UI on embedded hardware, sometimes there are limitation about the colour spectrum that can be used.
    Above all, the RGB565 (16bit total, that means 65.000 colurs) is very often used. Could be possible to implement this palette native in the software and also in the export options?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows users are used to the key binding Ctrl + Y redoing the last undo (you know, Ctrl + Z is undo, Ctrl + Y is redo), but currently, it hides the left sidebar. That gets very confusing and uncomfortable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Photoshop, you can use the dotted rectangular feature to select a part of an image and cut it out, copy it, etc. I'd like to do the same with XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It can be a bit hard to see the color of the item that I'm changing the color of, so it would be awesome to have a color preview, which could be larger than that text I'm typing, on the color picker page. The attached image shows the perfect location for it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I know I can draw a box around multiple items ('m using lines) to select them, but I'd like to select them by Ctrl + click as well. I have another shape behind the 2 I'm trying to select, so selecting multiple items by dragging a box selects the item behind it, and I can't deselect it... that's also another suggestion; deselect by Ctrl + click if multiple items are selected

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like to either have a scroll bar or +/- arrows to let me change the stroke without having to guess a number. Also, if I do change the value by typing a number, I'd like that result to be automatic, without me having to press enter to see if it fits my needs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)