Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. Layers that have been set to "Fix position when scrolling" often overlap over other key layers and block the inspection of the layers underneath.

For example, if you have a mobile screen with a bottom fixed menu then this layer will need to be positioned on top of the 0-viewport. This results in any other layers in body below this bottom tab layer becoming invisible in design and design specs mode. And the developer cannot see any of their details.

So a way to hide these layers in the design specs mode will be of great help.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Assets can already be downloaded from design specs, as per:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/design-specs-for-developers.html#Extractassetsfordesignspecs
    ...but progressive JPG is not a supported format for bitmaps. Can we get this feature?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would love to see a feature to helps create a coded design system for asset management and seamless developer handoff. Thanks!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I work with a team. I have trouble tracking which designs have been changed and which have not. so I really want the feature to track which artboard has the design changed. there is a log history for that seems like fun to me and the team. hopefully next month I get that feature

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ability to see dimensions and measurements of objects in percent.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. While sharing for development by default the design specs are in pixels, If i want the values to be in points or dp the dropdown option on the top right corner doesn't give the converted values (as per 1px = 0.75pt logic) it only changes the text from px to pt/dp value should also convert. Same goes for font.

I am using windows 10 - 64 bit.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Generate specs to be to the end of the last letter vs. the actual text box

It would be nice if the developer can see the height of the text based on the baseline rather than the text box itself. Sometimes text boxes are much longer than the copy inside of them (if the designer forgets to reduce the height of the box), then the developer will not get an accurate reading of padding between elements because the box is oversized.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When downloading PNG assets from the Design Specs link, we always run them through an optimizer like TinyPNG to reduce size even further. It would be great if the PNGs were already optimized so the team could skip this extra step.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Often developers have already begun work on a design while details are being finalized. I can send a manual note that they need to refresh the design specs to see new updates, but it would be nice for a private link to send an email to all shared addresses as soon as an update has been made to the link, or to anyone who might have commented on the link for a public link. This would facilitate keeping everyone as up to date as possible. Alternatively having some kind of notification show up on the actual designs specs page saying…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you hide layout grid in Design mode, you don't just hide it - you turn it off completely. That is a problem, becaouse when you do it, it disappears from Design Specs. So, either rename the command to "Turn off Layout grid" (because that's what really happens) and add another function for just hiding it, or allow its visibility in design spec even when its turned off.

Point is that when you do design you often hide the grid for better visibility. But - when you publish your design spec, you must remember to turn it on in all…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I feel like this was raised and marked as "addressed" by the design specs feature but isn't actually addressed.

Essentially we need to be able to markup / annotate wireframes with feature specs . It would be functionally similar to the commenting feature but
    - they're specifications, not comments - it's a one off note not back and forth conversation
    - they can be rendered with/alongside the designs as an export option so it can be signed off by the client and archived for governance
    - the feature should be available via the XD App and stored in the XD…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need icon exports without inline styles to be able to later color them by CSS . It's inconvenient that our frontend team members always have to delete those manually, when downloading SVGs from the Specs Page. As it is now, the download button is unusable.

Good Example (Nucleo Icon Export):
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 24 24" width="24" height="24"><g class="nc-icon-wrapper" stroke-linecap="square" stroke-linejoin="miter" stroke-width="2" stroke="currentColor"><circle cx="12" cy="12" r="11" fill="none" stroke="currentColor" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <line data-color="color-2" x1="11.959" y1="11" x2="11.959" y2="17" fill="none" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <circle data-color="color-2" data-stroke="none" cx="11.959" cy="7" r="1" stroke="none"/></g></svg>

Bad Example:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="24" height="24" viewBox="0 0 24 24"><defs><style>.a{fill:none;stroke:#0f0f0f;stroke-linecap:square;stroke-miterlimit:10;stroke-width:2px;}.b{fill:#0f0f0f;}</style></defs><circle class="a" cx="11" cy="11" r="11" transform="translate(1…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm a developer and I need to turn a designer's design into css code.
    The assets panel now has only one group of colors. But the css divide the colors into background-colors, border-colors, and font colors.Can the asset panel add these groups so that they are consistent with the web code?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I know you are currently working a spec view to make communication with developers easier. There should be a way were we can specify assets that aren't static such as button states or inline error messaging.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As an added feature, similar to what Avacode and Sympli provide, it would be nice to display the layers panel in design spec mode. The user can select a layer and it will highlight in the document art board.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There's no way of knowing if there's a comment added to design spec unless you actually click the comment icon - and that icon is not very visable or explanatory. Would be nice if there was some sort of visual cue marker letting me know if the spec file contains comments or not. I checked with several developers both inhouse and externally and none of them knew I had placed comments cause its totally out of sight and mind when there's nothing warning them - like a red icon or a marker somewhere for instance? As it is now I…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In design specs, there is a CSS section with a lot of great information. However, for some users, it is relevant and potentially harmful. It'd be great to be able to turn that section off so that it isn't displayed.

Some examples
    Some of our products are desktop products, built in C# and XAML. CSS is not relevant for our tech stack.

The CSS shows absolute, hardcoded values for position, size, color, etc. This is the opposite of what we want to communicate to development. They should be using relative values or referenced resources from our design system for those…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi,

I have been using Adobe XD almost one and half year on product development, so I have seen lots of reference & Materials Guides which are only supporting Sketch & Figma, But i couldn't find for XD. I thought its still developing

And I Congralute the Adobe XD team for Bug fixing and Release Update

Now my idea is to create design system which need to generate design system based on color, fonts, buttons, etc which need to links with option while creating design

Just a idea of Placement: is to place like two option Design, Prototype (replaced Invision…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please give option to download zip file of all assets. Now developer have to download it one by one so it takes too much time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A better way to create sections for screens like Invision and Zeplin.
    Current way is making it difficult for developers to track down screens.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)