Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

70 results found

1. Compatible with iPad mini 1st generation, as is Comp, Sketch, Draw, Spark, Preview, Clip, etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. We look forward to a version for windows 8.1 be released

Thanks in advance

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Could you please add older version iOS preview app for iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.why we can only preview new device version, a lot of people's used older devices. We need it to preview on older devices

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Is it possible to release a version for Windows 7/8 user?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. HI,
    I wish that Illustrator "Show Import Options" on the import window options tab, could be left always on. It turns off when working with new documents. Cannot find any preferences regarding this.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The system here seems to rely only on community involvement to decide which items get put in the backlog.

There are tons of features that your team can create and add value

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me reassure you that our use of UserVoice isn’t a popularity contest. We do look at ideas that only have a small number of votes to evaluate whether or not we want to do things, and of course we hear things from users in person as well as through interviews. Don’t be discouraged if your idea only has one or two upvotes!

I am, however, going to close this idea as not a feature. :)

-Elaine

7. When the prototype is added to the homescreen on iOS, you should be able to set it so it opens over the top of the OS menu bar.

This is useful because the artboards are created at the size of the device screen, but when you load the prototype, all that does is make the screen slightly too large so it does an annoying little scroll, or knocks the elements off the bottom when they should fit perfectly.

Other web-based services allow this so you'd expect it to be a basic feature when designs are encouraged at the full viewport…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This is just a minor improvement but useful:
    I'd like that, when I duplicate an existing artboard, the new one appears right below the duplicated one in the artboard list (and not at the top every time). Currently its a bit annoying having to always drag it down to either the end of the list or below the one I just duplicated.
    I consider that this is a more common use case and more intuitive than always adding it on the top.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Not really a feature, but the blurred effect over the screen on zoom out control is unnecessary (and not that great to look at).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently do this for performance reasons instead of waiting for everything to process before displaying to you. Our proposal is that the performance of XD is more important than displaying everything perfectly rendered at all times. While we would love to have zoom that is both smooth and perfectly rendered, it’s not possible right now without taking up a ton of your memory or making XD super slow when zooming out.

Hope that explains why we do it!

-Elaine

10. Bring support for viewing prototype in Windows 10 Mobile with Adobe XD Mobile like for IOS and Android

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If you open a new project and select iPhone 6/7 (375x667 px) and open your prototype from the home screen on your iOS device, you will notice that part of your design will cut at the bottom, because the status bar takes 20px of the top.

The workaround is to manually change your artboard height form 667px to 647px. Then your design will cover 100% of the available height.

In Marvel App there is an option to trim the status bar from the top of your design. Would be good to have this feature in XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I connect the cable to my iPhone and I can't keep my phone standing on my iPhone stand, so I put my iPhone upside down so the cable is on the upper side of my phone, this way I can keep my phone on the stand, but the app doesn't rotate upside down so I have to keep my phone in my hand while designing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a limitation on iOS. For instance, if you open the browser and rotate the phone (from portrait, to landscape, to upside down), it doesn’t flip the contents upside down.

13. Why there are no possibility to install XD app on regular iphone 5 and older phones? Let's do it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It'd be great to have a shortcut built in for the Apple UI kit! Food for thought!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Brackets Code Editor has good integration with PSD Files, which allows it to grab layers, colors, font details and spacing info. More on that here (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/extract-for-brackets.html)
    I wonder whether you can work on features that allow Adobe Extract to grab data(images, font names, sizing info etc) from XD and transfer for Brackets, the same way it happens to PSD ?

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in this feature! We recently announced on adobe.io that Brackets will no longer be supported by Adobe as of later this year. As a result, I’m closing this ticket as something we won’t be doing.

16. I already had a bad enough experience with Adobe Scout (which also expires after a set period). This thing smells like Fireworks. Make it act like that -- as a perpetual program that runs like Photoshop or Animate or whatever.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I like to have a zoom slider next to the magnifying glass when working on desktop.

Especially since i use keyboard and mouse i dont have access to a touch pad at this point – a slider would help me smoothly pan in / out at the zoom levels more seamless than +/- steps as well as percentage steps/custom valuess.

Similar to the zoom level found in Apple Photos app as well as in Finder (if enabled) for thumbnails.

It will add a quick access to smooth/seamless panning in/out of zoom levels for desktop users without a touch pad.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With other services like Droplr they automatically copy the new link generated. Several times I've uploaded and switch over to my communication tool of choice to paste the url only to realize I haven't done that and expected XD to do it for me.

I would like for XD to automatically copy the link it generates so that I don't have to do any additional steps to share the work I have just created/updated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Using ESC key instead cmd + w feels more natural in this workflow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. But some users utilize the preview window to design as well, for real-time updates. Hitting ESC could break that workflow. Very soon, you’ll be able to preview on both preview window and mobile devices (iOS and Android), to design, prototype and test prototypes. Stay tuned!