Request details

Tap/Hover Effect

Need Little bit tapping/hover effect on list/buttons/links during presentation to client. Its give an actual working product feel and help to make decision.

rollover, mouseover

5,183 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sanket shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

593 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dkurre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable and unacceptable that such a common, simple and necessary feature/interaction has been neglected in the backlog for OVER 2 YEARS! This is literally a deal breaker for me giving XD a real chance at becoming my go-to responsive design and prototype tool. Think beyond just hovers for links/buttons and allow for symbols to have various states (like the old Flash symbols and MovieClips) or allow for behaviors (i.e. time, interaction, position or shape dynamic based like Flinto and others).

I guess I will keep using Figma, Sketch/Flinto, Invision Studio and/or Axure for full responsive design and prototyping projects for the foreseeable future unless Adobe gets a clue and gets this 'backlog item' into production. Unreal Adobe... and really disappointing. I hope you are considering long press and 3D touch support for mobile devices as well while you are at it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Began to use Adobe XD for our companies prototypes...then discovered can't make use of hover action. Will have to use another program, very disappointing.

• RDab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beginner here. After just playing around with XD I now have a specific need to prototype some UI. After setting up the start screen, the very first thing I need is some mouse over effect... and then I find out it's "in the backlog" for two years now.
        Not a good start, definitely not a good start.

• Stetson Finch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been in the backlog for OVER TWO YEARS. It's fundamental, Adobe. I'm assuming this is some kind of technical limitation. If that's the case, the software needs a rework. This feature MUST be included, even if it's complicated to achieve in the program itself.

At least update your community with the status of this. Two years of silence is not acceptable.

If it doesn't happen in the next six months or so, I'm getting Invision Studio or Figma and leaving XD.

• Arondale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HISTORY OF MOUSEOVER:

Circa 1995 JavaScript: object.onmouseover = function(){myScript};
        Circa 1997 HTML4: <element onmouseover="myScript">
        Circa 1997 CSS1: : hover { css declarations; }
        Circa 2013 Invision: Hover supported in Build mode

Other competitors that support hover:
        Atomic using components, pages, and actions
        UXPin using a similar structure as Atomic
        JustInMind, similar to UXPin

I'm enjoying the 2D transforms and especially the Conversational UI in the latest releases, they make XD standout, but PLEASE listen to the other 584 comments and make this a priority.

INVISION has supported Hover, Anchor, and External URLs since 2013!!!!!!!

LISTEN OR LOSE YOUR USER BASE!!!

• Chis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tambien !!! Es demasiado necesario o al final sigue pareciendo PPT

• Luckenkemper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how come this wasn't in the December update? The latest update does not include ANY of the highest rated backlog items. So whats the purpose of this of the backlog request?

• Ek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We seriously need this feature. Please give us as coming Christmas gift!!!

• jknhlgkvcj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after a loong time of waiting, just starting to use INVISION STUDIO this week.

the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

• Daniel Preslar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IF YOU GUYS WANT TO STAY COMPETITIVE IN THE USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN SOFTWARE MARKET AND NOT LOSE DROVES OF CUSTOMERS TO INVISION STUDIO AND FIGMA THEN YOU WILL GET THIS FEATURE OUT OF THE FRICKIN' BACKLOG AND INTO REVIEW AND INTO THE FRICKIN' APPLICATION IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU REALLY HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! YOU HAVE TO BE FRICKIN' KIDDING MY FRICKIN' FACE RIGHT NOW. WHO IS THE GENIUS RESPONSIBLE FOR REFUSING TO ESCALATE THIS FEATURE? THAT GENIUS MUST BE IS A DOUBLE AGENT FOR YOUR COMPETITORS! REAL TALK! I FEEL LIKE I'M EATING CRAZY PILLS!!!!!!!

• Scaner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe. I'm web designer and how many other very very need this!
        XD is a cool programm, but such necessary function is 2 years in backlog?
        So you will lose all users. They migrate to Figma.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base