Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Currently (v30) when an image is dropped into an artboard or placed in a shape it will name the layer with the image file name. It does not change the layer name if that image is replaced.

It would be helpful to have an option to enable the layer to be automatically renamed to the new filename instead of just inheriting the current layer name.

I know there are issues (mostly related to auto-animate) but would be handy as a toggle or check either in preferences (what preferences right?) or as a modal check option on drop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would love to right-click on a spot and go to a layers-list and see all layers underneath my cursor so I can "dig deep" and even select locked layers by simply right-clicking on them, go to "layers" and then see a hierarchy of everything (even locked items) and select the one I want and change it/remove it. See screenshot for further explanation (As in Sketch and Figma).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A small indicator next to the component name would be great, with emphasis on components that are no longer used in a document to easily adjust of delete themz. I attached a photo of what it could look like.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I often annotate up a lot of comments for developers as notes. If I then save a new version of the design I want to be able to update my existing developments spec link but I only have the option to make a new link. Having the option to select the prototype I would like to update would be best.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If a component is shared across all artboards (e.g. a navigation or toolbar), it would be helpful to be able to paste it on all (or multiple) artboards in one go. It would save a lot of time, compared to having to paste it manually every time

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Select All Objects Down/Up

Similar to how A [select all to right] works in Premiere, this feature would select all objects within the active artboard below or above where the user clicks. This would save time usually spent zooming out and drawing a marquee around the desired objects to readjust spacing, etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow users to assign markdown shortcuts to particular character styles, so that the style are automatically applied to that line of text.

This would allow for much faster formatting of longer content like blog posts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. My primary email for my Adobe ID is my personal email (personal@email.com), but I'm a contractor with a temporary company email, which I've set as my secondary email (work@company.com). The designers I'm collaborating with are sending me the invitations to my secondary (company) email, but I get a message saying "I don't have permission to open this file". It would be great if I could use my secondary email as well for co-editing, because as a contractor, I won't be needing access to those files once my work is done and my work email has been…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Hi, a Version compatible with the actual Jira Server 8.7.1. would be very nice

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For small projects, it makes sense to add hover to components only, but for larger ones, you want to keep your assets clean with reusable components only.

Now when hover can be added to components only, a number of my "components" has raised significantly. This causes huge performance issues as well as organizational. (workaround is not to add hover, but what would be the point of the feature?)

I guess there is more than one solution to this problem, my suggestion is in the heading - give us the option to add states to groups.

Another thing that could help…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have a personal Adobe account and access to a company Adobe account. However, I only have one computer, and I do not plan on buying a second mac just to facilitate 2 Adobe accounts.

This leaves me with following problem: I have to sign in/out all the time to view my different projects. This is extremely inconvenient and wastes time unnecessarily.

Please let users be signed in to multiple accounts simultaneously, so that work flow isn't constantly disrupted.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. I think it'd be nice to have the option of being able to set border radiuses for artboards.

This way, if I want to export an artboard that should have rounded corners, I won't have to duplicate the contents of the artboard to a rectangle (with rounded corners) before exporting.

See the attached image for a visual explanation. Such designs can't be exported straight from an Xd artboard at this point.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. One dashboard with al prototypes for developers. Select project and see al specs. (zeplin) Now it's only send a link to developer.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi,

I need to be able to create a variation of a Component Master with same structure hover, on click events e.g Active Buttons, Alert Buttons .

Make it available so that the Instance of a Master Component can be a new Master Component., without having to recreate the structure on every component variant i need to create.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Looking to implement a design system organization-wide. It would be nice to be able to access assets created in XD in other Adobe applications (InDesign). For example, incorporating into an InDesign Library, all the assets from the "master" XD design system (buttons, logos, sliders, etc.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Every time I go to open a new file, it takes 3 clicks. One click to maximize the tiny (minified) 'Open' file pane to fill the whole window (even if I did this last time I opened a file). One click to switch to Cloud Documents (because I can't change to list view in the 'Recent' tab, so I cannot see the full file names and do not know if I am selecting the correct file.) And the third click is to actually open the file.

Now, I don't know about other users, but I open and close my XD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be great to have a shortcut to jump between text inputs, including within repeat grids.

For example, tab to move to next text box.

Example image shows why this is necessary, I have a lot of similar pages that require typing in a lot of different text boxes.

Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In order to work quickly and efficiently, I want to be able to insert components via keyboard shortcut.

This is made possible in Sketch thanks to its Runner plugin: https://sketchrunner.com.

You can see it in action in this quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXXVQlfOpo4

How it works:

1. Use the keyboard shortcut Command-' to pull up the Runner menu.
    2. Type "insert [name of component]" to filter the components library.
    3. Hit Enter to paste the component onto the artboard.

All without needing to navigate and click with the mouse!

Having something similar to to this XD would be a considerable improvement to my workflow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. All other Adobe Programmes allow for font auto-activation from Extensis Suitcase. Can we add it to XD?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enter a custom JIRA Filter ID either in the XD Plugin interface or the JIRA App Management.

This would populate the Filter by drop down in the JIRA XD Plugin interface.

Benefit: Leverage JIRAs powerful filtering to group Stories that need design and allows design teams to see the same group of Issues being worked on.

Note: For shared XD projects/boards.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)