Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Add more examples in the XD sharepoint kit here: https://t.co/MuiU4HxBq9 as shown on this page here: sharepointlookbook.azurewebsites.net/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Pasting anything into an XD file automatically places that object at the top of the hierarchy. Not a big deal, but for files that have "always on top" elements (such as pinned menu bars), this has you constantly having to move things up/down to correct the stacking order.

What I'm suggesting is a line/bar that you could pull down in the Layers pane that would serve as the "paste below" threshold - all pasted objects would appear just below that line until moved elsewhere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I can't believe this suggestion doesn't already exist, but I work on a 32" or a 27" monitor all the time. I have plenty of screen real estate. Why not let me view both Assets and Layers panels at the same time?

489 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be awesome if character styles were implemented in a similar way to how CSS behaves. For example, you could set a character style and then create a new character style that is based on the previous style which has some overridden style changes (like color, for example), BUT it the second character style would still maintain a link to the first.

This could be similar to how the cascade works in CSS or how nested styles works currently in InDesign

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. This may overlap with requests for horizontal scrolling and drag direction but it may solve both.

Drag currently only works between two states and in one direction. It would be nice if several artboards could be used with the same drag. For example: think of a carousel with multiple images shown horizontally. I don't want to have to click+drag each time I want to advance. It would be nice if I could click once and continue dragging until the specific image I want is centered. Letting go would snap to that artboard. During the drag it would transition through all…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like an option to allow viewers of my prototypes and Design Specs to be able to download a PDF from the web viewer.

I get constant feedback from stakeholders requesting easier ways to share and view the web prototypes. Some less technical viewers are more comfortable with PDFs and I would rather not export files in addition to publishing prototypes every time I make a change.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The option to have multiple voice commands for a single artboard with the option to be able to use the voice commands without using the space bar or tap hold

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It wode be really good that designers to have capabilities to design with components which can be used separately or combined into a new component because today technologies are relying on this concepts example React, ReactNative ... This feature would give designers the capability to build consistent design systems.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export to AE works great. I do however wish image assets would come in at @2x resolution (or even @3x as an option?). This way the comp wouldn’t end up blurry.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Description:
    If embeded prototypes result in error when an artboard contains voice playback, then disable "get embed code" from XD

Why is this valuable to you?
    The current experience is inconsistent with user expectations and capabilities.

When designer adds voice-playback to an prototype for the first time, alert designer that prototype can not be embedded and disable Get Embed Code text option in XD Share>Share for Review dialog window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Say we have Artboards A, B, and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B has a TIMED TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard C

Feature Request:
    - If Artboard C has a TAP TRIGGER that invokes PREVIOUS ARTBOARD action, it should go back to Artboard A and not to Artboard B.

Similarly:
    We may have Artboards A, B1, B2, ...B(n), and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B through to Artboard B(n) has a TIMED TRIGGER which…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We are interested in using the Adobe XD for Jira add-in. However when installed it is present on every Jira project. Jira is widely used inside our company for many software development and reliability projects.

We would like to use the add-in only on GUI development projects were we are also using Adobe XD, would it be possible for you to update the add-in to enable this?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to stretch text like in InDesign. This is possible in browsers with css transform so should also be possible in XD. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide accessibility to export style guides so that it can be used by developers to design it.
    For Ex: If a project contains 10 variations of text and a color palette, allowing to export those values would be of great help to develop the designs made.

I am attaching a sample image for the idea I am trying to project.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I search for an item, say object A, and there is an object A on several artboards, I want to be able to select them all by shift+selecting the object A's that come up when I search for object A in the layers panel. It would be very helpful if I wanted to change the color or move/size them using the X/Y H/W in the inspector relative to their respective artboard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eg: When you have a friends list inside a game screen, in a prototype, I need to be able scroll in a clipped mask of a container, which is currently possible in Principle, which makes a group scrollable vertically or horizontally. I'm looking for the equivalent of the same here.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently testing a feature like this as part of the private prerelease program, and expect to deliver this as part of the next product update. Please join the private prerlease to learn more, or stay tuned!

17. Please Make the Arc Tool like in Figma

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prototyping for people who are visual impaired is almost impossible to do. With the voice feature added it has become a bit easier to fake but if two more featured would be added Adobe XD could prototype for even more users.

• Vibrations could be added within the action area. This would make sure that extra feedback could be added to certain buttons/area's instead of textual feedback. This would also mean that two actions should be possible; a vibration and a transition if necessary.
    • The VoiceOver function of iOS can't read the Adobe XD app. It doesn't distinguish buttons/area's that have…
    21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A better way to create sections for screens like Invision and Zeplin.
    Current way is making it difficult for developers to track down screens.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Often developers have already begun work on a design while details are being finalized. I can send a manual note that they need to refresh the design specs to see new updates, but it would be nice for a private link to send an email to all shared addresses as soon as an update has been made to the link, or to anyone who might have commented on the link for a public link. This would facilitate keeping everyone as up to date as possible. Alternatively having some kind of notification show up on the actual designs specs page saying…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)