Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When you are trying to delete a componenst off of your Assets list, sometimes you will check if its still on your canvas using the "Highlight on Canvas" option.

Then the blue notification bar sometimes appears with "0 instances of this component found", which is fine.

However, you need to click "X" to get rid of the notification every time. Instead of being able to quickly click ESC or something. This makes it hard (or should i say tedious) to do quick scan of the next component, because the blue notification linger around and may not apply to the new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If I create an object that's #000 and adjust the alpha value of it to say 5% XD cannot currently tell me what the hex value of that object is, it only says: #000000, 5%. In order to find out, I need to copy the object into Photoshop to find the actual hex value. Can you add the ability to determine what the value is without having to open a new app? Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Today, I accidentally deleted an artboard that I worked really hard on without realizing it was gone until there was noway I could command + Z enough times to bring it back without overhauling a bunch of other work (Luckily my coworker had a backup on his computer of the file but still not ok that it happened). Artboards aren't a simple shape. They can have a lot of content on them. You should most definitely at the very least have a pop-up that says "are you sure you want to delete this?" for art boards before it is deleted…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m changing this to reflect your first request; unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have only one suggestion per ticket. You can upvote or file the second one if you’re interested in Photoshop-style history.

5. When recording a prototype interaction, the circle cursor shows off all of the jerky movements of my mouse. An option to automatically smooth my cursor movements would make for a cleaner and higher fidelity animation.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Layers that have been set to "Fix position when scrolling" often overlap over other key layers and block the inspection of the layers underneath.

For example, if you have a mobile screen with a bottom fixed menu then this layer will need to be positioned on top of the 0-viewport. This results in any other layers in body below this bottom tab layer becoming invisible in design and design specs mode. And the developer cannot see any of their details.

So a way to hide these layers in the design specs mode will be of great help.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Task list in the RHS panel so audience can add or review the tasks at hand.
    We should able to switch between comments and tasks panel from the RHS icon bar.
    Also it would be great if we can set priority, due date, and assignee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Component instances on hidden layers are not highlighting on canvas.

Hitt the "Show layer" icon, then switch back to the asset panel, the "highlight component on canvas" feature finds 0 results. only highlighted component is visible on the canvas.

I might accidentally delete instances from hidden layers...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently when master component values are overriden, the only way to revert the overriden values is to do so as a whole object. There is no way to just revert one property or one specific object inside the component. In Unity (game engine) they use a prefab system (similar to components) where any value that has been overridden has a blue bar beside the value in the component value panel. This way you can right click each value and revert it to the master on an individual basis. This can save a ton of time versus going back to master…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. in 1920x1080 windows screen many important properties are not visible without scrolling. Please bring all items into view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'd like to be able to tag/categorize comments

Use case: To distinguish between notes related to design, development, copywriting etc.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you develop a design system in XD the structure of your components should be visible in the specs panel of your development prototype.
    If you build sensible components in XD with a clear naming scheme you can communicate a lot of context to the developer.
    In order to collaborate effectively teams should aim to share class or tag names between prototype and frontend code.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. One dashboard with al prototypes for developers. Select project and see al specs. (zeplin) Now it's only send a link to developer.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It is nice that you can link assets across documents, however it would also be nice to see a notes modal about things like the user that created the change, if the change has been approved an finalized for you to implement, as well as date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Howdy, folks!

That's a little bit of a stretch, but hear me out:

We could have a new panel to handle animations on components, for micro-interactions. This panel would allow us to select which propriety would be animated, like we do with css animations, calling specific prop, e.g.: "transition: width".

That would allow us to make correct animations for micro-interactions, and also allow us to see exactly with animation to use we is time to deliver the prototype to the developers.

See y'all later! Be safe n be well!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. keep paths as paths when copying elements from Illustrator to Adobe XD

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hey guys,

I would really like to be able to actually rotate the line without dragging its' anchors around. This causes the line to change its width and height in properties panel, plus the rotation origin is at the beginning/end of the line and not center. There is walk around it -> with property panel tool one can type the exact rotation number, but... i dont feel like to leave my artboard while designing for such minimal changes... one can rotate objects, groups, texts, components on a fly... why not the line?

Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have multiple components and some of this components states are popup windows, since the first state of the components are buttons, when the pop up state is triggered the other components beneath will show up in front. If i bring this componen to front then the next button will have the same problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I was learning about the eyedroper tool and realized that the eyedropper was picking up any color within the application itself at current zoom. So in other words say I had a 1px orange border on an object; at zoom 100% it would pick up either a fill orange or a few lines of gradient on either side. If I did the same source at say 300% zoom, it would just show that it's a solid border of orange. This is very confusing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There are some plugins that I use as much as, or even more than, XD's core tools, and it would be great if they were just as easy to access. Here are some UI changes that I think would make a huge difference:

FOLDERS
    I'd really like to be able to sort my plugins into folders so that I can access related features at once. For instance, most of the time, I'd love to be able to move the preview and export plugins to a folder that I could leave closed while I'm designing, then open up for all-in-one-place access…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →