Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Shortcut for deselecting all elements that are marked for export.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to create XD projects for sharing in the browser and be able to manually upload (in a similar way to Invision) would be perfect. Atm it can be frustrating if working on different CC accounts eg (working on my home computer for work projects). You either have to log out and into the work account or send to my work computer to upload via there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Swatch .svg files that are created in illustrator should be compatible in Adobe XD like it is in other Adobe products.

Currently .svg files that include a swatch pattern turn black when imported into Adobe XD. I was told that this feature is not available in XD.

A swatch .svg is used at times to help lower files size for better website performances. I use/create them in illustrator and would love to have them compatible with Adobe XD so the assets can easily be shared and downloaded via XD link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. Please! The way is done is not good enough, it#s kind of inverted. I don't want to highlight all the elements painted with the same color, I need to know the color of a selected element. Please, make this work like in any other software.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. XD is becoming dominant, and I love the Guide featured added in XD. However, the guide can be even further improved if you add a feature allowing duplicate the guide or create a guide using the guide itself.

Details:
    Unlike Photoshop and Illustrator, XD artboards don't have a fixed ruler on the interface. Guides can be added from the top and left artboard borders, which is fine. The issue is when we are working with a zoomed level on any object, the top and left edge of the artboard is not accessible, and creating a guide either we have to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Description of the feature

I would love to share an artboard or prototype-video to Behance, either as a "Story" or as a whole project (and/or add to an existing if you're really cool!)

Why this is valuable to you

As a freelancer I rely on Behance for my daily income. Having a fastlane to publish stuff to Behance would save a lot of time and help share throughout the day when working on sharable stuff.

If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request

I added a screenshot of the separation-part that Instagram does for Stories…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I think it will be nice and cool in XD if users should be able to view list of assets for export before creating or updating a preview link..

It save time in trying to view unwanted assets files which might be export for live preview which might not be needed causing more time to go back to design mode to unmark the unwanted assets...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve edited this specifically to reflect your request to list the assets before publishing. If you go to Share Mode, we’ll already highlight which artboards you’re sharing, which, based on your description, isn’t what you want.

8. I am using component states for currency icons (dollar, Euro, etc). I'd love to be able to search for "Euro" even though that instance/state is tied to a master component labeled "Currency".

Breakdown: Type "Euro" into the search field and the Currency icon appears because one of its states is called "Euro". This will let me know the state I am trying to find lives in the Currency icon. Could be very helpful for others I have shared the components with to be able to find the right icon state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adobe XD has iPhones for UI design and prototyping. I'd love to see the S20 as well since I can also design for Android eventually with a good layout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can already set a custom artboard size in the Welcome Screen. I’ll adjust this particular request to reflect your request for a preset.

10. Integrate with Shopify API to pull in products to prototypes from actual live store data.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if I could just create a whole artboard as element for the regular version and copy/paste it for dark mode. As far as I understand, I cannot convert the whole artboard to an element AND still be able to change colors without being automatically adapted to all element copies.

So, the idea of the dark mode artboard element (copy) would be to adapt to EVERY change from the original regular (white mode) artboard, except for coloring. Kind of like using a different CSS for colors but react to size and content changes.

This would enable to…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It is possible to do Ctrl + click (Cmd+click on Mac) to directly select an element which is inside one or more groups.

In previous versions of Adobe XD it was also possible to do Ctrl/Cmd + double click to directly select the text of a text element which is inside one or more groups, so that you could just start typing or do a copy/paste to change/replace the text content of this element.

Since a few versions the behaviour seems to have changed, so that Ctrl + double click results in an element being selected which is somewhere in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Instead of having the option to ungroup components it would be much better to have an option to break components and turn them back to groups with the same name as the component, if I then want to un-group its a simple keystroke to do so. Right now I have to go back in and re-group and re-name every component that was just ungrouped.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If we are going to call what XD has "component states", instead of "button states", then there needs to be a way to define a hit area of a given interaction.

For example, right now, if I have a "component" created, and I add an element of a larger size, that comes up/out/or whatever on rollover, the rollover state becomes the new hit area size, so now the interaction won't close when I roll off the original trigger... Instead I have to roll off the entire new element that come on during the state change.

This makes it virtually impossible…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great to clean up assets in the Assets panel. To be able to identify duplicate and unused assets, fix them in the file and remove the extras.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice to have blobmaker plugin

https://www.blobmaker.app/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. Would be nice if assets wich exported to AE would be dynamically linked to the design in XD. So every update in XD updates the Assets in AE, just like AI->AE or dynamic link between AE and PR.

Everytime I update a design and send it to AE, a while new composition is created wich makes working with updated files almost impossible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If I have document A which has assets from document B linked to it, and doc B also contains assets from document C, I cannot remove doc C from doc A without first removing doc B.

It would be great to have some type of UI letting me know that when I am trying to remove doc C from doc A, by hitting the x from the search dropdown in the assets panel, that it is not working because it is actually imported by doc B, or at least that it is being imported by another document in general.

The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When selecting a text to change its color, I would like to be able to see the text without the selection, so I can compare its new color against the background color. Right now I have to make a guess since I don't see the background, but I see the selection highlighted. Can you hide the selection highlight while I am choosing a color? Thank youuu!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently when you go to the share mode, the cursor automatically changes the drag mode. You can zoom in/out by clicking on the zoom tool at the top left or at by pressing Z in your keyboard.

I don't know if it was intentional to remove the alt + scroll to zoom shrortcut, but I think it would be best if we have that.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)