Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Ability to make the Grid static or un-responsive so it doesn't move and change parameters when I resise the artboard.

I have to recalculate the grid all the time and it's a hassle. Other competitor apps already have this and it's a huge timesaver for designers and developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to replace component i created with another component with out the need to remove and resize

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When previewing a website design in the XD app on my phone, the prototype will always show up at the top of the screen and the notch will cut into the top of my design. This makes total sense if I'm designing an app, but since I'm designing a website I always have to try and remember to start my artboards with a safe area that replicates the height of what I would see if I were looking at it in safari.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great to be able to drag guides from anywhere, not just the top and left of an art board. Sometimes I am editing a master component on the pasteboard and I cannot grab any guides. Other times I am zoomed in or at the bottom of a long page and I have to zoom out go and grab a guide and then find my place again. I would like to be able to get guides no matter where I am, I am thinking of allowing them to be pulled out globally from the top of the interface…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Designing a menu with different states and the possibility of scrolling to a particular section by touching any of its options is currently impossible.

For example, if what I need is to show the user in which section he is browsing , what im going to do is to show the name of the section with another color.
    So what im going to do is create different states in order to have all the menu categories active when the user taps on each.
    The problem is when I want to prototype those categories to scroll over the same artboard .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On each artboard the must be different color of guide lines representing different spacings used in other artboards, this would help designer to keep similar spacing among different assets in all artboards.

For reference spacing, you can use 1st artboard, Note all the spacings and give them a specific color. Now on next art board when user move any object guide them with those colors it would help them to keep unity in all artboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When opening Xd I see the recents on the welcome-screen. Please let me clear that list of items with a button next to the title as well as right-click individual items (which has a second item to delete all as well).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll leave this in for consideration. You can currently clear all documents from your recently used list through File > Open Recent > Clear Menu

8. Please add an option to reset a component, that has other nested components inside of it, to its master state without resetting its nested components.

I often build master components, that includes other components, which are not in their main state (could for instance be a button with its text changed). If I then duplicate the master component (the one including the nested ones) to create a child of it, overwrite something in it, and then later on regrets it, I can reset it to its main state, but it will then also reset all the nested components to their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would be great to have a option to export selected artboard/s to Photoshop as smart objects. Just like Vector Smart Object from Illustrator.

Currently copying and pasting XD artboard in Ps makes it as flat image.

This could be useful for making advanced device mockups, we could make changes inside XD and it will automatically update in Ps. Or just show popup with choice "Smart object / Flatten image".

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If I copy a specific layer to another artboard, it should be placed above the chosen layer of the artboard, not on the top off all layers.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello, some of us asked for shadow in assets library. Could be nice to have size too ? So I could grab a button from my design system and then apply a specific size defined in my design system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. WHY did you remove the availability to open files from my computer from the open menu? Stop trying to force everyone to use the cloud. Were users banging down your door demanding that you split the OPEN FILE functionality into two separate functions depending on whether or not you wanted to open from the cloud or open from your computer!?!?
    So many things you could be fixing or improving so why waste time on something that was never broken.
    Command O has been a learned behavior for decades. Just dumb.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. When adding development notes to an overlay page, the pins are fixed to the page behind the overlay causing the pins to be in the wrong position when you have a scroll-able modal overlay. It would be helpful if the pins could be fixed to the overlay itself so the pins stay in context.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. From my understanding a pasteboard collection contains any object created in the gray area outside any artboard. If that's the case then why can't I importan an image directly into the pasteboard and not the artboard itself? As far as what this would be used for, it could be used for stensil or an example of what you want to replicate as a set of arboards. Say you had a few hand-sketches, you scanned it and imported into XD and now you want to start building a hihger-fidelity wires.

Right now the moment I paste something or import something into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export visual designs to Kivy (kivy.org) for developers to wire in business logic

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like to drag an object holding down option to duplicate it and having CMD-D (duplicate) repeat the duplication with the previously used distance.

ALT-Drag from A to B -> CMD-D (uses the distance between A and B)

This would help so much. Sketch and Figma already have this behaviour. I think even Illustrator has it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would allow the animated blocks to be inserted into XD mockups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  18. When exporting an asset with a shadow, the downloaded SVG doesn't contain that shadow, but the dartboard matches the size of the asset including the shadow.

So maybe the SVG should just be the size of the actual element without the shadow. Otherwise the SVG doesn't match in size when implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Great to see the extension added to Visual Studio Code. Would like to have access to it also in Visual Studio Professional. This is wat the Engineers use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When having nested components in a main component and then creating instances of that main component and swapping the nested components inside that instance, the nested components in the instance no longer reflect the position, scale, etc of the main component if you move the nested component around. You can see an example from @ArvidFB (twitter) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixz2-ePjLWs&feature=youtu.be

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →