Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increased zoom out for Design Specs

The project view that shows thumbnails of all artboards should scale lower than 10% (2,3,4 % even) if needed - otherwise at the moment when the project file is wider it gets cut off by the browser - you can still navigate it using mouse and holding space to drag, but most devs I know find it awkward if they want to jump from screen to screen. If they use 1366px screen than often projects don't fit at 10%.

"ok.png" shows me fixing it by moving artboards into a smaller column, "bad.png" shows how it looks on screens with lower…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Publish Individual Screens for Stakeholders to Use for Communication between Teams

I run into needing to share screen #3, #14, #34 with a stakeholder to use within a presentation, think powerpoint. I have to manually export these screen fo each round of changes. I would like to publish for review only SAID screen numbers where the end user can comment OR DOWNLOAD a png or pdf of the most up to day version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share for Development - More Control Over Asset Exporting

Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export assets from design specs (we need a better way)

There needs to be a better way or an alternative way to download assets from the design specs for developers. Right now, you would have to set each asset on each page to be able to be downloaded. This works great for a single page, but when you have a ton of pages representing either different states or different parts of the flow, it's hard to remember or even know which page you can download which asset from.

Most assets that get used are made into symbols, so it would be great to be able to set the symbols to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Design Specs Screen View – Screen Scrolling Option

This request is from my developers. They asking if it is possible to have scrollbars on the individual screen views instead of the just the panning. Their complaint is that when the screens are really long, it takes a while scrolling with your mouse scroll wheel versus grabbing a scrollbar and dragging it to the bottom or desired location much quicker.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ink tool

I would like to be able to ink (freehand draw using my wacom/other pen) my concepts and annotations.

I know that there are some good work arounds like https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20399002-workaround-for-annotations-in-design-and-preview-m but inking with arrows would be faster and more useful for me.

I also know that some touch / pen features were implemented in https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17431225-pen-and-touch-support-in-windows-10 but this is a specific extra tool using pen.

The tool could be used to draw directly on the artboard, or on a toggle-able annotation layer per artboard.
    The inking could extend outside the artboard as necessary but would be associated with the artboard as part…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Define string tokens in Design specs

When designing app screens, we define string tokens so that we can update text labels without the need of an app update.

It would be a great addition for both designer and developer to be able to select a text label and be able to add a comment (like you can do in prototype mode).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. #AARRGGBB for Design Specs for Android developers

Pleasantly suprised with the latest update. It's not there yet but I'm sure it will. So far did some tests with the export sheet for iOS and Android and I found two improvements:

- For iOS: When selecting a border of 0.5 px, the size is shown correctly but the height is set to 0px. This caused some confusion.
    - For Android: It would be great if colors and their opacity appear in #AARRGGBB for Android. i.e. #FFFFFF, 50% should appear like: #80FFFFFF

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! It’s best if you only file one idea per ticket instead of lumping them together like this. That being said, the first issue sounds like a bug, so I’ll convert this ticket to reflect the feature request. Can you file the bug as a separate ticket in the Bugs section of UserVoice? Thanks!

-Elaine

9. Prioritize color names over hex values in Design Spec

Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Expand design spec inspector by default

I'd like to be able to choose to have the property inspector already open in development view. It would save having to describe how to click on the icon to engineers every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export style sheet for developers

Dev gets confused about what styles are what. I thought the XD Share for Dev link would have the styles in the sidebar, but there are none. I even have a master document with all of my assets: fonts, colors, and elements. Now I have to go back in and manually annotate what fonts are connected to what styles.. It would be a small addition, but would be super great in striving to better communicate with my dev team. Thank you for your consideration!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More Units for CSS snippets

More options for the units in the CSS snippets, both for text and other objects. For example em, %, vw and other CCS units used for responsive web design.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View number of times a component is used in Design Specs

As the UI/UX Designer that works on projects with multiple teams, it would be nice if my developers could see the components, how many times they've been used, and where.

We could always let them use the Adobe XD document, but as per their request it would be nice to see all of this information in one place since they're already in love with the dev view and tools there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assets zip download in design specs

Please give option to download zip file of all assets. Now developer have to download it one by one so it takes too much time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide "Fixed position" layers to see design specs of other layers beneath them

Layers that have been set to "Fix position when scrolling" often overlap over other key layers and block the inspection of the layers underneath.

For example, if you have a mobile screen with a bottom fixed menu then this layer will need to be positioned on top of the 0-viewport. This results in any other layers in body below this bottom tab layer becoming invisible in design and design specs mode. And the developer cannot see any of their details.

So a way to hide these layers in the design specs mode will be of great help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Design specs for single artboards

Whenever I make a change to my document of a multitude of artboards the system "renders trough" the whole document with all artboards altough I have only made changes to a couple of them. Would be nice if we could update them selectively, that way the process of updating the design specs would be shorter. Right now the process gets longer and longer as the document grows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Annotate assets in Design Specs

Add additional information to items which is visible in the Design Specs

It would be helpful for example svg icons otherwise no more detailed description is possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. em unit in design specs

Having 'px', 'pt' and 'dp' as size unit is good but we need to use 'em' most commonly as flexible and scalable relative unit. Expecting 'EM' unit to the list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Layout grid: show borders in the design specs (like in the XD file it self)

When in the design specs the layout grid should look the same as in XD it self.

I'm working on 20 column grid with no gutter, but it turns out that the border you see in XD, you don't see that in the design specs. Result: a turquoise background for the developer with no reference ;-)

I could work around it (10 column grid with gutters and setting a side margin), but I would need to do that across the entire project.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Boxed Text with different size and colors within are not being able to be distinguished in designs specs given to developers

While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base