Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export text in Design Specs with rich text in HTML

When I create my prototype and share, enter the link.
    I can in each element and can display properties.

1 example is CSS properties or Fonts styles.

We are working with Adobe Xd in company software and designers do the link for developers. send to developers and see the properties.

Developers want 1 property. to see the tag HTML to work on the Web. example:

When we click the font "Title" and stay in Bold we can see the tag HTML: <strong> </strong> or B.

Developers and designers UX really need this to help work better.

Another optión is the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View number of times a component is used in Design Specs

As the UI/UX Designer that works on projects with multiple teams, it would be nice if my developers could see the components, how many times they've been used, and where.

We could always let them use the Adobe XD document, but as per their request it would be nice to see all of this information in one place since they're already in love with the dev view and tools there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assets zip download in design specs

Please give option to download zip file of all assets. Now developer have to download it one by one so it takes too much time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rename component in icon view

currently, you can only rename a component in list view. This should also be available in icon view

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SVG Export without Inline Styles

We need icon exports without inline styles to be able to later color them by CSS . It's inconvenient that our frontend team members always have to delete those manually, when downloading SVGs from the Specs Page. As it is now, the download button is unusable.

Good Example (Nucleo Icon Export):
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; viewBox="0 0 24 24" width="24" height="24"><g class="nc-icon-wrapper" stroke-linecap="square" stroke-linejoin="miter" stroke-width="2" stroke="currentColor"><circle cx="12" cy="12" r="11" fill="none" stroke="currentColor" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <line data-color="color-2" x1="11.959" y1="11" x2="11.959" y2="17" fill="none" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <circle data-color="color-2" data-stroke="none" cx="11.959" cy="7" r="1" stroke="none"/></g></svg>

Bad Example:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; width="24" height="24" viewBox="0 0 24 24"><defs><style>.a{fill:none;stroke:#0f0f0f;stroke-linecap:square;stroke-miterlimit:10;stroke-width:2px;}.b{fill:#0f0f0f;}</style></defs><circle class="a"…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increased zoom out for Design Specs

The project view that shows thumbnails of all artboards should scale lower than 10% (2,3,4 % even) if needed - otherwise at the moment when the project file is wider it gets cut off by the browser - you can still navigate it using mouse and holding space to drag, but most devs I know find it awkward if they want to jump from screen to screen. If they use 1366px screen than often projects don't fit at 10%.

"ok.png" shows me fixing it by moving artboards into a smaller column, "bad.png" shows how it looks on screens with lower…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Define sections for Design Specs (organization)

A better way to create sections for screens like Invision and Zeplin.
    Current way is making it difficult for developers to track down screens.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Publish Individual Screens for Stakeholders to Use for Communication between Teams

I run into needing to share screen #3, #14, #34 with a stakeholder to use within a presentation, think powerpoint. I have to manually export these screen fo each round of changes. I would like to publish for review only SAID screen numbers where the end user can comment OR DOWNLOAD a png or pdf of the most up to day version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Share for Development - More Control Over Asset Exporting

Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DPI/PPI switch for font sizes

XD would be a lot more cross-platform friendly if is offered a DPI/PPI switch for font sizes.

For example, I'm mainly desinging for MicroStrategy platform which uses 96dpi to calculate font sizes. XD uses 72.

I've read there's a similar issue with Android development.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Design Specs Screen View – Screen Scrolling Option

This request is from my developers. They asking if it is possible to have scrollbars on the individual screen views instead of the just the panning. Their complaint is that when the screens are really long, it takes a while scrolling with your mouse scroll wheel versus grabbing a scrollbar and dragging it to the bottom or desired location much quicker.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Design Specs: Custom Toggle Layers

Feature: Allow the creation of custom toggles that display over a canvas, similar to how the Layout Grid works.

I work with a development team, I design the look and they build it. The issue I have is sometimes the developers don't pay close attention to the spacing of my designs. Sometimes they will code a design element to be right up against a column when actually there should be a 20px padding. I think having custom toggles can help highlight these small details. I know/have workarounds to this minor issue but having an official feature for it would be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ink tool

I would like to be able to ink (freehand draw using my wacom/other pen) my concepts and annotations.

I know that there are some good work arounds like https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20399002-workaround-for-annotations-in-design-and-preview-m but inking with arrows would be faster and more useful for me.

I also know that some touch / pen features were implemented in https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17431225-pen-and-touch-support-in-windows-10 but this is a specific extra tool using pen.

The tool could be used to draw directly on the artboard, or on a toggle-able annotation layer per artboard.
    The inking could extend outside the artboard as necessary but would be associated with the artboard as part…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Define string tokens in Design specs

When designing app screens, we define string tokens so that we can update text labels without the need of an app update.

It would be a great addition for both designer and developer to be able to select a text label and be able to add a comment (like you can do in prototype mode).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. #AARRGGBB for Design Specs for Android developers

Pleasantly suprised with the latest update. It's not there yet but I'm sure it will. So far did some tests with the export sheet for iOS and Android and I found two improvements:

• For iOS: When selecting a border of 0.5 px, the size is shown correctly but the height is set to 0px. This caused some confusion.

• For Android: It would be great if colors and their opacity appear in #AARRGGBB for Android. i.e. #FFFFFF, 50% should appear like: #80FFFFFF

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! It’s best if you only file one idea per ticket instead of lumping them together like this. That being said, the first issue sounds like a bug, so I’ll convert this ticket to reflect the feature request. Can you file the bug as a separate ticket in the Bugs section of UserVoice? Thanks!

-Elaine

17. Remember previously selected flow view setting in Design Specs

It would be much better if setting highlighted on the screenshot with red square would be remembered every time I open the page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Prioritize color names over hex values in Design Spec

Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide ability to turn off CSS section in Design Specs

In design specs, there is a CSS section with a lot of great information. However, for some users, it is relevant and potentially harmful. It'd be great to be able to turn that section off so that it isn't displayed.

Some examples
    Some of our products are desktop products, built in C# and XAML. CSS is not relevant for our tech stack.

The CSS shows absolute, hardcoded values for position, size, color, etc. This is the opposite of what we want to communicate to development. They should be using relative values or referenced resources from our design system for those…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Underlined text doesn't show in Design Specs

When you copy a paragraph from specs and some of the text is underlined in the design/prototype, it would be great if the underline was copied as well?

This could be easily left off by the developer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base